Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53066 06/12/08 04:41 PM
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Darnit, you know what, I really did have most of my betting money on Red K! Or Green K. Or some kind of K. I also have wild theories on one of them being exposed to something ridiculous or implants, or...

Actually, what I really think right now since there really isn't a definitive test for Red K is kind of a Spider-Man thing that I saw in one of the movies. Maybe it's a mental thing with Ellie. Maybe something's actually bothering her and making her flip out and screw up (and gash people in the head :p ).

Anyway, Jay's a good guy, I give him props for surviving the battlefield one day at a time. wink
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#53067 06/12/08 05:31 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is a very intriguing and interesting story. If it isn't the red-K causing Ellie to lose control, could it be as simple as a hormonal thing? She is the first female with superpowers (grown naturally - Ultrawoman doesn't count). Not sure how she could fix that, though, so I'll just wait until you tell us what's going on.

Loved Ellie's flashback. How sad that she felt like pulling away from her friends due to the powers and she hates the lying.
“Because we were supposed to be getting ready for the dance,” I snapped. “That means we’d be doing our hair and nails and makeup and stuff. And I can’t let anyone do anything to me. What if they wanted to file my nails, and then the file broke? Or if they tried to use a curling iron? It doesn’t work on my hair anymore. And the worst of all would be if someone wanted to cut my hair. The scissors would break, and how would I explain that?”
LOL! my reaction was the same as Lois's. They cut each other's hair??

Nice work,
Brenda

#53068 06/12/08 05:34 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
You know, I don't think I mentioned this when I BR'd this section, Beth, but we did cut hair sometimes. I had a couple friends who did a pretty decent job [nothing fancy but bangs or straight cut]. One time, before a basketball game, a bunch of us cheerleaders were at a friend's house and one of them was supposed to TRIM my hair and cut off like 5-6" instead. I'm still not quite sure how it happened, but I cried. wink

Poor Ellie frown .

/me stares at inbox waiting for more since ML's 'send' key appears to be broken

#53069 06/12/08 07:19 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Yay for feedback! And yay for more interesting theories!

Actually, what I really think right now since there really isn't a definitive test for Red K is kind of a Spider-Man thing that I saw in one of the movies. Maybe it's a mental thing with Ellie. Maybe something's actually bothering her and making her flip out and screw up (and gash people in the head ).
It was Spiderman 2. laugh Poor Peter Parker, and his terrible fall off a building. I have to say that that movie was my favorite out of the trilogy. wink

I think it's safe to say that between the two of them, both Ellie and Jay have plenty of stuff that's bothering them.

If it isn't the red-K causing Ellie to lose control, could it be as simple as a hormonal thing? She is the first female with superpowers (grown naturally - Ultrawoman doesn't count).
Very good point, Brenda. I think things would be very different for Ellie because of her gender. And unfortunately they don't really have enough data to go off of to determine what would be "normal" and what would mean that something is wrong.

Carol, how terrible for you! Although I've had friends who cut each other's hair, I've never been brave enough to let them cut mine.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

#53070 06/13/08 08:51 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Well, Ellie has got a problem I would only go for my mom for support! I don’t know why she went for Doctor Klein? She could even have asked Kaylie if she and Jon had been having this kind of problem, but the girl is too stubborn to admit that she won’t solve this without help.

This is serious, and I have no idea what’s behind it. Although, I do think kryptonite has got nothing to do with it. I’m just so mad at Ellie for not saying anything. I know how she must be feeling pretty embarrassed, but she can’t go on hurting her boyfriend like this. It’s crazy!

I’m anxious for part 6! When are you planning on posting, later today? laugh wildguy

#53071 06/13/08 09:04 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Beth, wonderful part. I have to tell you, sometimes when I hear about people detailing a cut or other open wound, then I get really queasy. Well, if it's about someone I feel sympathetic about, that is. I mean, chop Luthor up and feed him to the sharks, I;m all for that. But have Lois slash something and I feel the pain.

Anyway, the way you've hurt poor little Jay and Ellie, that HURT !!! Beth. Not nice. Go have them get smooches soon. wildguy

Michael, who loved this part

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#53072 06/14/08 08:20 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks dede and Michael!

I don’t know why she went for Doctor Klein?
Well, Dr. Klein is removed enough from the situation that her interaction with him would be mostly scientific. If Ellie were to talk to someone in her family, then the conversation would inevitably turn to her emotional state, and I don't think she wants to really dwell on that right now.

But of course she doesn't realize that the answers she can get from her family would help her in the long run. And she needs to some to terms with her emotional state as well.

Sorry if I made you queasy, Michael. I think our protagonists are going to be free of physical injuries for a while, though. Well, maybe not completely... :p

Go have them get smooches soon.
Unfortunately, that's not really going to help them out. That's their main problem in the first place. evil

#53073 06/14/08 04:14 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm really enjoying this story. Poor Jay, I wonder how he intends to explain how he got hurt. I'm guessing Ellie will try to be more distant now.

"We've been sitting here all night and the longest conversation you've had with a woman was when your mom called."
Leonard to Howard: The Big Bang Theory
#53074 06/14/08 05:00 PM
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Good chapter, Beth. If Ellie can consider these flashbacks you're showing us in an objective light, maybe she can figure out why she's unconsciously abusing her powers while making out with Jay, and why she "forgot" she was airborne and dropped him. It seems to me that she has more issues than we've been led to believe in the previous two stories. Maybe being the child of Superman isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Or maybe Lois is the one who's responsible for her kids being mental.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#53075 06/15/08 10:39 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks countrygurl and Terry!

I'm guessing Ellie will try to be more distant now.
Yeah, this will probably put an end to any more of that kind of experiment. wink

It seems to me that she has more issues than we've been led to believe in the previous two stories. Maybe being the child of Superman isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Terry, I hope Ellie doesn't look like she needs Dr. Friskin too much! Ellie is more developed in this story than in previous ones, which means that we get to see more of her flaws. And she's in a situation that's only exacerbating the problems she has. And of course, the same thing is happening to Jay, although in a different sense.

But I think it's important to show that Lois and Clark aren't perfect parents, and their kids won't end up as perfect people, no matter how good Lois and Clark were at raising them. Glad to see that people here agree!

#53076 06/16/08 02:32 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Originally posted by: countrygurl74
Poor Jay, I wonder how he intends to explain how he got hurt.
Spousal Abuse! rotflol

Sorry, couldn’t help. Well being a former NIA agent he must have some good excuses up his sleeve…

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard