Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
And this is the chapter I like to call 'Everybody Hates Clark'. laugh

Oh, and Darth... sorry for posting today, but... well, don't tell her I told you but I'm a little afraid that Carolm will come after me if I don't keep up my every other day posting schedule. eek

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
And this is the FDK thread where everyone says ML is evil.

Hey - that could be Clark's password! He'd never guess it wink .

Happened to hop on just as you said in the other thread you'd be posting momentarily.

Have I mentioned that I hate you?

Okay - not really - just what you're doing to our favorite superhero currently without a cape. This has to be extra hard on Clark - he's the guy everyone loves and who loves just about everyone. With the exception of criminal masterminds of course. Heck - even the female criminal masterminds like him most of the time.

But especially Perry. That has to hurt the most. Jimmy too, but Perry more.

So, back soon. Anytime now would work. Chapters that are 14xs as long would work too wink .

Carol [who is still wondering why she's not waiting until this makes it to the archive]

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Carol [who is still wondering why she's not waiting until this makes it to the archive]
Because it's that good.

I actually felt Clark's relief when he discovered Lois's byline, confirming that she's still alive. Now all they have to do is find Clark's byline in the Star and find out what he's writing about. That might be a big clue.

Me, I can't imagine what Clark has done that's so totally evil that both Perry and Jimmy would just as soon clobber him as give him the time of day. I doubt that anyone at the Planet will even acknowledge his existence if they can possibly avoid it. And helping Clark do anything, including finding the men's room? Forget it. They're far more likely to hinder his every effort than to help him. And they might even view Lois as a traitor to the Planet just for being in the same room with him.

If Clark and Lois can't work together, how can they figure out what's gone wrong? And if they can't figure out what happened, how could they possibly fix it? And why do I think that those few coins Lois dropped into the vending machine are going to come back to haunt them?

ML, I think you've read the advice from that author who imagines the worst possible thing that could happen to her characters and then makes them go through it. You go, girl!

More, soonest. The tension is just ratcheting up with each post.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
And this is the FDK thread where everyone says ML is evil.

Hey - that could be Clark's password! He'd never guess it
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that Clark already knows that ML is evil laugh .

Because it's that good.
Ahh... Thanks, Terry.

I doubt that anyone at the Planet will even acknowledge his existence if they can possibly avoid it.
And then there's Cat. Oh wait! Maybe I shouldn't have said that! Did I give something away? laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Columnist
Columnist
What could Clark have done to cause so much hate at the Planet? This is one of my two favorite stories at the moment.

I dread the moment when their memories of each other start to fade.

Excellent storyline

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
Me, I can't imagine what Clark has done that's so totally evil that both Perry and Jimmy would just as soon clobber him as give him the time of day.
Clearly it is not what he's done but Lois's take on what she thinks he did.

Lois clearly in the AltTimeLine turned against Clark for some reason, and clearly it happen while he was working at the Star since he never did work for the Planet. I'm thinking perhaps less self control during the pheromone incident?

Framework4
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Wonderful, ML. I love the whole economy babble from Clark, and his relief that Lois wasn't dead, and Lois' own relief when she realized that her wedding date to Lex wasn't the locker combo! Great job. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Well, it’s just... considering the fact that this reality is different, do you really think we should be using change from our old reality? After all, the economy relies on the fact that the government doesn’t just print money because it feels like it. Otherwise, it could just print up enough money to pay off the national debt. But that would destroy the economy by making the dollar worthless. It can only print what it can substantiate and if we go adding money to the economy...”

Lois rolled her eyes, reaching into his hand to withdraw the change as he continued to explain economics to her. Without waiting for him to finish, she pushed past him, putting the correct change into the dispenser.

“Lois!” he exclaimed.

“Clark, a little bit of loose change isn’t going to cause the world’s economy to come crashing down around our feet.” She reached in, removing a paper. “So what are we looking for?” she asked, flipping open the paper. The headline from the Associated Press read: ‘President Garner Reveals Tax Plan.’ Not exactly earth shattering news.
Well, if they are from this reality, then the money is from that reality as well. That's a little over simplified, but basically what I think is going to happen is that that little amount ain't going to do squat because it isn't material enough to do damage.

Now, if they buy a yacht...

He seemed to study her forever before letting out a breath. “Okay, fine. But I’m making you responsible for Kent. Don’t leave him alone anywhere where he could do any damage.”
Goodnight! What happened to Perry and everyone else!

MLT WHAT DID YOU MAKE CLARK DOOOOO??????

i don't think Lois is married to Lex. Gut feeling, can't explain it.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I haven't been posting feedback on this story as I should, and I apologize because it most certainly has my interest! I'm intrigued as to what has happened that makes everyone hate poor Clark so much.

I have to agree with this idea. I can't imagine them having changed the past so much that it has changed Clark's fundamental ethics, values, personality. At least, I hope not!

Anxiously awaiting more!

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
What could Clark have done to cause so much hate at the Planet?
MLT WHAT DID YOU MAKE CLARK DOOOOO??????
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to agree with this idea.
And the answer is... yes... oh, and no. laugh

Now, if they buy a yacht...
MEMO TO SELF: Go back and delete the yacht buying scene laugh

Anyway, glad you're all still enjoying this.

ML wave

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MLT:
Oh, and Darth... sorry for posting today, but... well, don't tell her I told you but I'm a little afraid that Carolm will come after me if I don't keep up my every other day posting schedule. eek
Oh well, what's another 20-25 minutes of reading in bed before turning the lights off.

Did anyone ever tell you that you are evil, ML? And that drug dealers at least have the decency of *not* giving away their stuff for free? Or make their stuff more addictive with each shot? You are very very bad, ML. And I stay by my position that if you where to suddenly post this to the archives, my own spare time would be sort of - gone. People would come after me with pointy sticks, and that would be not good. And yet, here I am, hopelessly addicted.

So, everyone hates Clark and Lois is married to Dan? What did happen? Was it the pheromone as someone mentioned? Or was it something during The Rival? And why did you mention Cat eek ?

Michael, who has learned to compartmentalize his worries and now puts "No Place Like Home" into a little box, closes the flap and places a "Do not open until part 8"-sticker on it.

PS:
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
ML, I think you've read the advice from that author who imagines the worst possible thing that could happen to her characters and then makes them go through it.
People do this intentionally?!?!?!?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by MLT:

Snork. How did I miss that?! Oh. Right. I was still in my full 'ML is evil' rant mode at the time wink .

Really, if you don't want me to come after you, you could just send it all straight to my inbox. Even unedited. I'll help edit it. Sure. I have nothing else to do. And I do have a bit of a buffer on LtL. And even if I didn't, I'm sure the gentle readers would understand that this is more important. Honest.

Carol [you really don't think I'm ever going to give up on that do you?]

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:
I have nothing else to do. And I do have a bit of a buffer on LtL. And even if I didn't, I'm sure the gentle readers would understand that this is more important. Honest/
Ooooohhhh Nooooonononononono Oh no you won't.
mad wildguy wildguy wildguy
Carol, you go right back and finish the last 50(?) part's of LtL so you can go on to posting daily. Then, please, go and help ML get ready to post daily too.

Michael, who now mutters that people will kill him if this leads to slacking off on Fury.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
ML, I'm so completely in love with yo... er, I mean with this story. wink

Love, love, LOVE the mystery of how their brief stint in the past could have changed things so drastically. I'm not so in love with the angst of Lois and Clark losing their child, though. That's really, really mean.

OK, so after the first set of modified memories have been shared, my guess on why Clark Kent is the scum of the earth is that somehow, someway Clark's been shadowing Lois and saving her life through S1 (and 2-4), but in order to do so, he keeps blowing her cover or stealing her scoops. Why else would everyone at the DP wonder why they're there together and why he is there at all.

Of course, I like Patrick's idea about the Pheromone incident going differently... love

More soon, please.
Brenda

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I saw this story and said that I was going to wait until it was posted on the archives but alas I couldn't resist the lure of an ML story so here I am.

It is of course amazing. I have no idea why everyone has such a deep hate for Clark but I do have this feeling that Lois' combination is still Clark's birthday, she never actually tried it. Maybe it's the romantic in me but I think or hope the two of them are secretly having an affair or maybe they had one and it ended really badly.

I'm anxiously awaiting the next part.

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm theorizing that whatever change was made happened during or just after the time they went back in time, as interesting as it would be to speculate how things changed throughout seasons one and two. Of course I'm concerned about why all of their closest friends are so bitterly hostile toward Clark.

Clark's relief that Lois was still alive was so palpable. After "losing" Vicky, I am certain that the thought of losing Lois too was probably more than he could bear. In my opinion, Lois didn't treat his grief with as much respect as it deserved. She told him that everything was okay, but in reality it isn't. They've both lost a lot, even if that is veiled by the mystery they are pursuing.

Elisabeth

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
you really don't think I'm ever going to give up on that do you?
Well, a girl can dream, can't she? wink Actually, considering the amount of editing I'm doing before posting each section, you really don't want the unedited version (trust me blush )

I'm not so in love with the angst of Lois and Clark losing their child, though. That's really, really mean.
Trust me. (Hey, isn't that what the spider said when he invited the fly into his web) laugh

I saw this story and said that I was going to wait until it was posted on the archives but alas I couldn't resist the lure of an ML story so here I am.
Well, what people don't know is that I put this hypnotic suggestion into the subject line saying 'you must read this part; you must read this part; you must read this part.' laugh

In my opinion, Lois didn't treat his grief with as much respect as it deserved. She told him that everything was okay, but in reality it isn't. They've both lost a lot...
Good point, Elizabeth. I'll go back and do a small rewrite.

ML wave

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Okay, Elizabeth, in response to your suggestion, I've added the following paragraph to that section.

“Hey, I’m okay,” she said, wrapping her arms back around him when she realized how shaken he still was. “I’m right here and I’m not going anywhere.” God, she hoped she was telling the truth. In response to that thought, she tightened her hold on him and closed her eyes, sending a brief prayer heavenwards on the off chance that someone was listening. When she finally felt him relax against her, she released him.
Hope that satisfies your concerns.

ML wave

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard