Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52651 05/30/08 03:48 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
thumbsup

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#52652 05/30/08 07:36 AM
Blogger
Blogger
wave Yeah, you still have happy readers!

Peace, Carolyn
#52653 05/30/08 07:30 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part, and indeed hmm no one got hurt, but they also kept the action to a minimum. I'll hold off on all the wild Kryptonite theories or brain implants or sneaky enemies until we get a bit more into it. goofy

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#52654 05/30/08 09:27 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Delete, please.

#52655 05/31/08 04:16 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Beth - I thought I posted the other night but maybe I just emailed.

I'm so glad you posted!

I'm still loving this - even the second time through!

Carol [who is watching her inbox like a hawk]

#52656 05/31/08 07:25 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Beth, wonderful birthday party. Jay reading up on Ellie, err Nebula.

Ellie remembering she had to turn in a paper lol Just glad, that hadn't happened during a rescue.

And of course, the chocolate cake. She *is* Lois daughter, after all. I think you mentioned somewhere she had her fathers cooking skills, right. Or was that Jon?

But what was that about the punch packing a punch. Poor invulnerable super girl doesn't no how much vodka a bowl can take before the recipient of said bowl will start to act drunk and hope she would stay the night laugh But she will always have the chocolate wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#52657 05/31/08 07:47 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks so much for all the comments!

See me? Still here! I'm reading it despite the fact that you didn't have the courtesy to use my suggested title. Humph.
Thanks for sticking around gr8, even though I was mean. laugh But you have to admit that 'Strength' is very appropriate for the current situation Ellie and Jay find themselves in. I do love 'Chemistry' though.

Yeah, you still have happy readers!
Thanks, Carolyn! I'm glad to know you're still hanging in.

I'll hold off on all the wild Kryptonite theories or brain implants or sneaky enemies until we get a bit more into it.
Hey, I'd love to hear your theories, JD. It's always good to know if I'm making people suspect what I want them to suspect.

Ann, I got all excited when I saw that you had posted something here, but then I realized it was just a delete message. I know you don't read next-gen, but is there any way I can convince you to give this a try? I promise that Ellie and Jay aren't pale duplicates of Lois and Clark! But maybe that won't make you any more interested... huh

Carol, next chapter is coming to your inbox soon. I think. We'll see how the weekend goes. wink

I think you mentioned somewhere she had her fathers cooking skills, right. Or was that Jon?
You're right, Michael. Jon's the one who burns scrambled eggs, and Ellie's the one who makes him soup after his first Kryptonite exposure. But in Jon's defense, he was distracted with the eggs, and then he had Kaylie helping him in his second attempt, which is a recipe for disaster.

Thanks so much everyone for commenting! It means the world to me. Now excuse me as I run off to go write more of this thing so Carol will stop nagging me... wink

#52658 05/31/08 08:26 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/me stares at inbox willing fic to appear

#52659 06/03/08 10:46 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Yay, I finally caught up with the story. And I see you’ve answered my wishes, more of Ellie, and flashback from other people. Thank you very much it’s been delightful so far.

I loved the conversation between Ellie and Clark, I was just a little lost about her age, I am assuming that she is three years younger than John, and I think he was 14 when he found out, wasn’t he? So how old is Ellie at the flashback, 11?

“Well, do you ever give rides to people just for fun?” I asked, trying to be casual.

“Maybe,” he teased me in a singsong voice. “But there’s one thing you should know about my pleasure flights.”
I could just picture Clark’s smile at this. Such a sweet little scene.

“You don’t have to go, Ellie.” Her name rolled easily off my tongue and hung in the air between us like a Christmas ornament. “Ellie, you can just stay the night. C’mon, Ellie.” I squeezed her tight to my chest.
Why does Christmas ornament reminds me of Christmas three lights? Go figures.

Very good start! Sorry I’ve been out for a while.

#52660 06/03/08 01:52 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hey dede! I was wondering where you went. laugh

Thanks for all the nice comments. I'm glad to know you're enjoying the story so far.

To clarify, Jon was 15 when he found out his dad was Superman. There is about two years difference between him and Ellie, so Ellie was 13 in that flashback. I'll try to slip that in somewhere when I edit it for the archive.

#52661 06/04/08 02:07 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hey dede! I was wondering where you went.
I was busy with college, the usual! It’s my mid-terms, I have a monograph to right, and next semester is my last one, so you gotta at least make a try and show that you are a good student! laugh Which I’m not…

I was happy last Sunday when I checked the forums and saw that you had posted, smile1 I’d figured that would wait until august to start posting. I’m so looking forward to a distraction on this school break.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard