Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
See... I'm not as evil as you guys seem to think I am. Or... at least, not yet. As to the future, though... No promises. wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
You are trying to kill us aren't you?

*sigh*

Or Lois. One of the two. They need to write absolutely everything down. Now.

And get back here and post parts... oh... 5 through 62 would work wink .
Carol

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Well, I would post parts 5 through 62 right now, Carol, but... Well, there aren't 62 parts so I guess that means I'll have to just post one part at a time until the entire story is posted wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Okay - 5 though 'fin' wink . Or the end or whatever it is that you type at the end.

Yeah - we're gluttons for punishment I suppose.

Or, you could just email me the file and I'll read it all at once anyway wink .

Carol [who, now that she's started, simply can't wait for it to go up on the archive wink ]

Columnist
Columnist
Thank you for not having them wake up and not have their memories. Glad to see Lois and Martha are close in any time period.

I am with Carol post more! I love your work.

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
ok- so I've been skulking around the boards for a while now and finally decided to post something.....

I love your stories - even when you're being diabolical like now. Just please post more, soon and fast?!!! Usually changing things around drives me nuts, but it works for you. Thanks for writing!
sarah

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
can't wait for it to go up on the archive
I'm really not sure how posting on the archives is going to go. This story really needs italics and I can't do that on the archives so I'm not quite sure what to do. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

I've been skulking around the boards for a while now and finally decided to post something.....
I'm honored that you decided to come out of skulking on my story. Hope that you continue to participate. It's always nice seeing someone new laugh .

ML wave

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very very intriguing thumbsup

So they've started having conflicting memories... uhoh.

Loved how Clark resolved the messenger situation w/o Superman smile

Lois had a very valid point when she said that she could be dead, but looks like Clark might be there in the background - saving her without a cape.

So... what is their relationship in this reality? They've obviously had some sort of contact or atleast met outside work (maybe for a story despite working for rival papers ?). And Lois likes him enough to congratulate him on breaking a story or an award?? Or maybe it's just professional courtesy. wink

Clark is definitely intrested in her - the photo, the half-a-clipping, etc. But he hasn't told his parents - so he's done or doing something he's not exactly proud of - maybe dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Columnist
Columnist
Hi ML,

I see you are going to torture us in this story. I'm almost afraid to think who Lois' partner is in their altered reality. Who was cut out of this pic they found in Clark's apartment? I have a couple of ideas. wink

Clearly, Clark still fell for Lois in this new reality, and though they seemed to have a rocky start to their relationship, I'm assuming these little notes they found are assignations ... but, perhaps, Lois is not free. So who is she with now? Of course, I could have made the wrong assumption.

They both should be writing down their pasts in details. I really think they're going to need those notes.

ML, I hope you find a way to put this story up on the archive. I know I'd love to read this in one long read.

Yours Jenni

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
ML - if you mean italics for the flashbacks... There's always Annesplace, but you could use some sort of designator, different from your usually scene splitter, like SSSSS or ~*~*~* or >>><<< to indicate what would normally have been italicized and put it in the author's note. Or even just a single * before something that would be italicized.

Just a couple thoughts wink .
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ML, what is this about not adding it to the archives??? I'm with Carol on this. There is always a way to do it wink

And why are Lois (and Clark) writing down their memories? After all, if their memory changes, wouldn't the notes change, too? Or is it that History is playing catchup and they will first loose their memories, and only some time later the time ripples will reach the present and change the notes too. That's it? Isn't it? eek They will already hate each other, yet have those notes. Perhaps trying to work together and fix this before it is too late.

Please, don't post more frequently then every other day. Although ,don't make us wait longer, either. Otherwise, I know I will end up reading this and reading this, and reading this. And then when will I have time to write my own story, new short stories for the smut month, and leave FDK help

Michael, (sort of) patiently awaiting his next fix.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
Blogger
Blogger
C
ML,
this is so thrilling. clap clap clap

I´m a big fan of dramatic stories with a lot of angsty elements, but this one is killing me smile Never before I suffered so much with Lois & Clark.

I love your story, it´s a very interesting and promising beginning and I´m eager to know, how you will go on with it.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh wow,

This is all so intriguing. I feel like I'm walking through a haunted house- you know that there is something that's going to pop out at you just around the corner, but you just have to keep moving forward to see what it is. The reworking of their memories is scary yet such a good touch. I personally like this approach better than having them wake up with no memories. I love the added texture it gives to see them understand the subtle (and growing) differences between their remembered and altered past.

That said- did I mention that these new memories are scary?! It almost seems that the more they push, the more their old memories start to unravel. I can't wait until they get to the Planet/Star to see what else has changed... so we can fix it.

Can't wait for more!
~Sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
So who is she with now? Of course, I could have made the wrong assumption.
Well, Jenni, since you asked she... Oh, wait! I can't tell you that laugh

so he's done or doing something he's not exactly proud of - maybe
Well, you see... Oh wait! I can't tell you that, either, AnKS laugh

As for the italics... yes, they are for the flashbacks. And trust me, the one thing I will tell you about this story is that there are a lot of flashbacks laugh .

Anyway, I have, in addition to the italics, put two ** at the beginning and end of every flashback. But I'm not quite sure it's enough. The italics, I think, work so much better. On the other hand, I'll probably end up posting it on the archives. I was just really hoping someone would have a brilliant idea that would really keep people from getting confused as I jump back and forth.

So... I guess that's something I'd ask people to keep their eyes open for as they read through the story. Does it get too confusing?

Please, don't post more frequently then very other day.
Now, there is the voice of reason. What's with all these other people anyway, wanting the entire story now? I just don't understand wave (who would just like to point out that, in spite of the above comments, I believe in happy endings)

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
ML - you might check out one of Beth S's super future fics, if only for the flashback aspect [and they're great, but that's a different issue wink ].

She uses * * * for scene breaks and *** for flashbacks iirc and nearly every part she posts on the boards have at least one flashback. The fics are Honesty and Fidelity and the currently posting, Strength.

Carol [who will still take the whole file;)]

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Please, don't post more frequently then very other day.
Now, there is the voice of reason. What's with all these other people anyway, wanting the entire story now? I just don't understand evil
I'm one of those people that likes to read a good book all in one sitting, and won't do anything else until the story is finished and I know how it all works out. One section at a time like this is just sheer torture. Of course, I love the story, so I'm willingly subjecting myself to it smile

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I like the strong emotional themes you have running through the story. There's a longing for the child that no longer is, as well as a fear that their marriage will also dissolve. There's a curiosity as to what change they might have made, however small it might have been, as well as a longing to make things right in the end. Overlayed atop of all of that is the feeling of Lois and Clark clinging to each other as they always do during rough times.

The dual memories are an interesting touch. They haven't lost anything yet, but fear that they might. On the other hand, they're starting to gain an understanding of who they have become.

As for the italics issue,
have you considered
paginating differently?
It would be a lot of work,
but you could manually
shorten the columns like this.
That way it visually looks
different than the rest.

Elisabeth

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
ML, just caught up and I'm loving it!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks for the suggestions. It gives me some ideas to work with.

I'm really glad you guys are still enjoying the story. The next part should be posted soon. Just giving it a final proof read - and saw that there is something else I have to correct. (Don't you just love editing laugh )

ML wave

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard