Next Thread
Print Thread
#52526 05/27/08 12:31 PM
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
party I'll be back!

Okay...I'm back and it seems that there are threads started all over the place! This is such a wonderful story. I'm so glad that the investigation is finally wrapped up and Paul and Professor Snoddgrass will pay!

The whole graduation scene was so sweet.
"I can't believe your ex-girlfriend is going to be here."

"Lois, she's not my ex-girlfriend. We went out three times."

"Okay, fine. The woman who tried to get my husband to sleep with her a week after we got married."

"You got me there. She did do that, but she really didn't try very hard."

"*That's* supposed to make me feel better?"

He shrugged. "Maybe?"

Lois crossed her arms in front of her and stared at him in the mirror. "Do you wish she would have tried harder?"

Clark just looked at her eyes reflected back at him. "Of course not, but it's not like it was an all out seduction or anything. She kissed me, I told her to back off and that was the end of it."

"Uh huh."
Lois is starting to openly mark her territory. It seems that she is becoming more comfortable with Clark and slowly allowing him to be more than a roommate to her.
One of the things that had surprised her was that he'd held her hand almost the entire time.
Lois is subconsciously realizing how much Clark's touch gives her comfort. And she is coming to terms, though slowly, with the fact that Clark really does love her and his little gestures show it. He's not going anywhere.
"Lois," Lana said. "Would you be so kind as to ride with my parents and Wayne to make sure they don't get lost?"

"Lana, honey, then there's no room for you," her mother said gently.

"Oh, I'm sure Clark wouldn't mind giving me a ride." She smiled sweetly at Clark. "Would you, Clark?"
Ruthless hussy!
Clark looked at Lois helplessly. "Ah... Lana..."

Perry's booming voice cut in. "Now, none of that. These two have worked hard to get where they are and I'm sure they'd appreciate a few minutes alone now that it's all said and done. Alice, darlin', why don't you take Mrs. Lang and Lana in our car and I'll go with these two fine gentlemen?"

Alice eagerly jumped in. "That sounds like a great idea. Lucy, why don't you join us? Jimmy probably needs a few more pictures and then he can give his camera to Eduardo or Cat to take back to the Planet for him." Jimmy scurried off and Lucy nodded her head. "This way, ladies."

Lois tried to silently communicate her thanks to Perry who glanced her way and winked before walking off.
Amazing how wise life experience is. Perfect timing for Perry and Alice. Great save! Poor Clark, again trying to be too polite.
Clark glanced at Lois but released her hand to take it from his former stepmom. He slowly opened it and tears instantly sprang to his eyes. "My dad's wedding band," he said softly. "I don't even know when I lost this."

"Oh, Clark." Lois' eyes filled with tears too. She knew how much it had broken his heart when he couldn't find it.

He almost blindly reached for his wife and pulled her close to him. "Dear God, I still miss him so much," he whispered against her hair.

"We all do, Clark." Laura had tears on her face as well. "Your parents were good people. I know they would be so proud of you today." A voice from the other room called her. "I'm glad I found that. Really, I am. And if I'd known yours had broken I would have sent it as soon as I found it."
That was so touching. Laura Lang isn't nearly as conniving as her daughter. Maybe she should teach Lana to be more like her.
"I wonder if it fits." He gently took the ring out of the velvet lining and set the box down. He looked at the inside and read the inscription. "I'll love you till the end," he whispered. He stared at it for another minute and as he started it towards his left hand, he was stopped.

"Let me." Lois took his left hand in her own and, with her right, began to slide the ring on his finger. She hesitated only slightly before saying softly, "With this ring, I thee wed." It slipped on easily. "Look at that. Perfect."

Clark pulled her back into his arms. "Thank you."
OMG! This was simply beautiful! love
"I told you earlier there was something I want to give you. You'll have to give it back; it's not really mine, but I'd like you to at least read it sometime." She fingered the ribbon that held the paper in place. "I'm still not sure I'm ready for this, but if I want this to work, I have to trust you at some point." She handed it to him without looking at him.

He climbed into the bed next to her and held it on his lap. "Are you sure?"

She nodded. "Yeah."

He tugged on one end of the ribbon and the bow came undone. He unfolded the paper and pulled a book out. "The Amazing Adventures of Fairy Princesses Lois and Lucy." He turned to look at her. "Really?"

"You'll have to give it back to Lucy at some point. She knows I'm giving it to you and encouraged me to, but she does want it back."

"Of course."

"It's not completely autobiographical, but it might give you some idea of what life was like before I met you. I told her different stories after Journalism Camp. The fairies went the way of the dodo and were replaced with Princesses who were a reporter and photographer living in the wild west." She paused. "I have some of those written down, too. Maybe I'll let you read them sometime, but for now... I'm not ready for that."

"Come here." He wrapped one arm around her and pulled her towards him, kissing the side of her head as it came to rest against him. "Thank you," he whispered, his voice husky; his eyes misted over. "I know how hard this must have been for you and... Just thank you for trusting me."
This is a turning point for Lois and Clark realizes how difficult this step had to be for Lois. He has sat back and let her lead the way. They're going to be okay. The little gifts that they gave to each other were yet so...big. There was so much love involved in the thoughts that Lois and Clark put into one another's gifts.

This was all simply so beautiful! You've got to hurry back with more Carol. This was simply awesome!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
There are so many threads started here.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Technically, I think this was the first FDK thread wink . Was kinda fun to see them all change!

Sheila...

I think now that Lois' head believes Clark isn't going anywhere, she's much more able to defends what's 'hers'. Her heart is still more than a little guarded, but it'll get there. You don't like Lana? *wide innocent eyes* Would help to tell you that one of the WiPs clamoring for attention on my HD is a Clana fic? *shudder* Sort of. Don't you just love Perry and Alice?!?! I don't see her like we saw her on the show at all. I see her as more like [and don't ask me why] Barbara Bush [the mom, not the daughter who just got married]. Sort of. She's the closest I can get to a real person when I see Alice. I'm glad you liked the ring thing. It came from my TDDUP fic where something similar happened.

Watch this space later tonight or tomorrow for more.

Carol [who's off to respond to the other fdk threads smile ]

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard