Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
You certainly revealed a lot in a short period of time. However, I still suspect that there will be loose ends at the end of this story.

I liked how easily Lex and Rebecca took their counterparts' dual identities in stride. In light of the circumstances it was too much of a relief for it to be an issue. I believe this was particularly true in light of Lex's concern that he had lost Lois all over again. Certainly living through her "death" earlier impressed upon him the desire to have her alive above all else.

I also appreciated Lex's concern over Rebecca. Hidden in his concern over her safe arrival, of course, was also his concern for Lois' safe arrival. Certainly she isn't back to her normal self yet, so you have given us all reason to worry. When we saw the blood on her I was worried for a moment that you were going to foist a dreaded Tank ending upon us.

I must admit that the conversation in first half of this part wasn't my favorite. You usually have a way of making dialogue flow freely that just wasn't here. I'm certain there will be those who disagree, but before Nigel died things seemed a bit forced.

All in all, though, I'm very much enjoying the ride. I can't wait to see how the story ends and only hope that there is a feeling of resolution at the end.

Elisabeth

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
All things considered, I'm a bit relieved, too. You never know what to expect when somebody promises to kill a character. And since I can't believe for a moment that the death you warned us about was Nigel's, I'm going to assume it will be Rebecca's after all. After all, I considered her the most likely victim all along. (I really think it would be some kind of 'cheating' to make us worry about a character death only to end up killing no one but the principal villain of a story.)

I sure wasn't sorry to see Nigel die. I positively squirmed when I had to listen to his self-satisfied gloating. And because he had learned about Clark's Superman identity, he was just too supremely dangerous to be left alive.

I'm glad that it was Lex who killed Nigel, too. Even though this chapter finally convinced me that this Lex is indeed a good guy, I still don't want Clark or Lois to kill unless it is absolutely necessary. Actually, killing Nigel this time was absolutely necessary, but I'm just glad that Lex took care of it, that's all. Besides, it was fitting. Lex blamed himself for being fooled by Nigel, and rightly so. It was good to see that Lex was able to outwit Nigel in the end, even though it was probably too late to save Rebecca. She, on the other hand, saved the other three, because Nigel would have killed them all if she hadn't distracted Nigel enough for Lex to kill him. Bottom line, though, she gave her life for Clark.

And now Lex knows everything. And Rebecca, poor girl, also knows everything, although I doubt that she will be able to remember much about the connection between Lois and Ultrawoman.

In the final chapter, we will see what happens to Lois and Rebecca. If Rebecca is going to die, as I suspect, then she can either die in Lois's arms, or she can die after Lois has brought her to hospital, or most traumatic of all, she might die because Lois loses steam over the water and sinks, so that Rebecca drowns. I hope you won't do that to Lois, because that would be just too traumatic for her. How could she face Clark after letting Rebecca drown?

Anyway. One chapter to go. In the last and final chapter, we will also see what happens to Cat and Arianna Carlin, I suppose.

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another great part, Terry. And if Rebecca dies, too, then I almost look forward to seeing Lois with Lex. After all, all of Clark's women die a violent death. On the other hand, they could simply fall victim the curse of unfulfilled love.

And what a twist to make Lois susceptible to green K but without the pain to warn her. This could so come back to haunt her. If she makes it to the coast.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
I had completely forgotten that you had given us warning about the death of a major character. I admit that I blew it off since anyone who has read this far has already made it through the first story. Hmmmm...

Elisabeth

Columnist
Columnist
I'm kind of disappointed that Becca didn't get to ride with Clark this time. That would've completed the whole revelation thing. Oh, well. Can't wait to see how this is going to end.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! smile1

How did Nigel got there? drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ah, so it was Arianna. She seemed just kind of... petty, when we met her before, but I guess she's through-and-through evil. I hope we get to see a bit of her empire unfolding in the last chapter.

So everybody knows everybody's identity now. (Clark is Superman; Lois is Ultra Woman; Lex is good; and Rebecca goes to pieces under pressure.)

I really thought Lois had taken a bullet in the head! I'm so relieved that she didn't die that way. I also really hope she isn't about to die in the next part....

Lex kills Nigel to defend them all. Clark wouldn't do that. Would Lois? Who do we wan to be the driving influence in Ultra Woman's life, hm?

Also, Lex seemed a bit... hyper-concerned over Rebecca. Am I misreading things?

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard