Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
See ... I am able to post sections without evil cliffhangers. wink

Elle Roberts

She's a dancer who doesn't dance. He's a painter who doesn't paint. It's like a bohemian version of the Island of Misfit Toys. – “Igby Goes Down”
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Again, Elle, this was amazing (oh surprise...). I like the way you're portraying Agent Call-me-Daniel Scardino; it helps me hate him more... lol

But Luthor... the more we see of him, the less I trust him. I might be too picky, but his last line sounded way too assertive.

I don't know who lied to you, but Lois Lane is not dead."
How can he be sure that she didn't die afterwards? Is he still in touch and doesn't want to say? Is he repsonsible fro her disappearence? Sorry, I just refuse to believe Lex is with the good guys...

Great job! Hope you don't take too long before posting part 9.

Cris (wondering how a true evil cliff hanger would be. Two Lex Luthors?)

Cris
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Elle,

I love Perry's conversation with Clark. I also really like how Clark went against Cat's advice. Good job, Clark! I definately don't trust Lex, though. smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Elle, this was the worst evil cliffhanger of all. You still haven't brought Lois into the mix.

Clark is a boring guy. Lex is an evil smuck, even as a missionary. But Lois, Lois is the heart of every story. If we don't get some Lois real soon, I'll have to get real cranky.

Tank the Resting (who thinks it's time to introduce a few whams into the mix also)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well this is getting good but I agree with Tank, where is Lois? Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Whew! Finally finished playing catchup with this one! laugh

I did a superb spit-take at Lex, but I was pretty much expecting Mayson and Dan. (You don't like Mayson much, do you? wink )It's been great fun seeing all the twists on different LnC characters in your alt-universe. Perry, Cat, and James, in particular, are absolutely fantastic.

I have absolutely no idea what to expect next here, but it's been great fun so far. I look forward to finding out what Luthor is really like, whether or not Lois is amnesiac, and how Cat explains the copy-machine. laugh

More, soon!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Elle

WOW! An excellent part! clap
There's no way Clark should trust Luthor! eek

I can't wait to see what happens next.
Please post more soon.

Tricia cool

Features Writer
Features Writer
Elle
good segment
I agree with Tank also
more soon please
merry

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The only thing I give you to write about is my job, nothing about how I'm wasting government money to impress some girl.
ROTFL, Elle! Once again, you toss in these little skewings of what we know to be fact - and I love them.

"Is not from agency sources. For all I know, you made all this up in hopes of getting some big story."
Course, he's still a moron. goofy Guess there was only so much you do to help him out there, huh?

The idea that this was a ruse, some elaborate set-up, made more sense to Clark right now than the possibility that Lois Lane could be alive.
Noooooooooooooo. Don't give up, Clark!

Though the words had not been meant for him, Clark still recalled what H.G. Wells had said to Lois after she had rebuffed his desire for her to remain with him. 'The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.'
grumble

I had to stop quoting the bits I enjoyed the most because I was heading towards two pages. laugh Suffice it to say, loved the conversation between Cat and Clark which had some...intriguing...elements. <g>

"Lex, up until I found that picture, it was thought Lois Lane was dead. I don't know why she was in Senegal, but it most likely was not to dig up any dirt."
Just hearing Clark refer to Lex on first name terms, as though he's becoming a friend and confidante makes my spine ice up. <shudder>

There, I made it. Just barely. You didn't make it easy though. <g> Wonderful stuff, Elle - more soon! I'm on the edge of my seat with every new segment.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
Elle, I haven't been commenting on your story so far, and I apologize for that. Because I have been reading it eagerly, and it is just wonderful. And I think your signature is very apt - you are "evil-in-training". Thinking back, I think a couple of your cliffhangers negate the "in-training" part...

Mayson and Scardino are a perfect couple. They definitely deserve each other. I'm sure I've read other fanfics that have paired the two of them as well, and I applaud each and every one of them.

But this...

Clark turned to see a dark-haired man dressed in a conservative suit
well, if ever we weren't sure if we were in an alternate universe, this would be the moment of clarity. Scardino in a conservative suit, and not undercover.

And like everyone else, I just don't trust Lex either. Maybe it's just all the baggage of knowing our Lex, but I think that this particular character "tweak" isn't going to hold...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard