Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52214 05/16/08 05:18 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Wow, I can't believe I get to start the feedback thread on this! OK, first let me say, I read and loved the first two stories in this series and I'm thrilled that you've gotten this one going so quickly.

It works. I like the first person narrative, and the switching POV, a lot. It really is a teaser -- it leaves you wanting more! I'm guessing Jay's nightmares come from something in his NIA past, so the mystery is why Ellie is having trouble controlling her strength. I can't see how those two things could be related, but then again maybe that's why I'm not an author and you are. smile We shall see...

Now I'm wondering if any of the others (Clark, Jon) are having this problem with strength control; if it happens during rescues or only in more intimate settings; and how exactly any of this will lead to Lois getting kidnapped. OK, maybe not the kidnapping, although we are talking about Lois here...

Love it, love it, love it. More soon? Please?

Peace, Carolyn
#52215 05/16/08 10:32 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Beth, i like the premises. A lot. Seeing Kaylie and Jon was/is/will be great, but Ellie/Jay is going to be different treat. Can't wait to find out what's up with her control issues. Red-K, first real love, hormones? Something altogether 'Beth' smile ?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#52216 05/16/08 08:08 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, a new story!

Hmm am quite worried about Ellie. At least, it's not all that common to start bruising people during some action, but hey, there's no Krypton manual in stone. Will have to read-and-find-out!

:p
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#52217 05/17/08 05:07 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks so much guys!

CarolynK:

I read and loved the first two stories in this series and I'm thrilled that you've gotten this one going so quickly.
Wow, thanks! One of the reasons I was able to get this started so quickly was because I've had the premise in my head since the beginning of Honesty. And I knew exactly what this opening teaser thing would be like. As for the rest of the story... Well, I have a plan, but it's not nearly as solid as I usually have. Which could be a good thing, I think.

Seeing Kaylie and Jon was/is/will be great, but Ellie/Jay is going to be different treat.
Glad you think so, Michael. There's a lot to explore with these characters, and I never really got a chance to do so when Kaylie was my primary narrator. Kaylie and Jon aren't about to fall off the map, but they are going to take the backseat in this story.

Hmm am quite worried about Ellie.
Yeah, this is going to be hard on her. I always liked Lethal Weapon, and I kind of wished they had explored it more (well, that's what I always wish with episodes that I like). Anyway, whenever I thought about a fic where the problem is much more drawn out, it never really worked. Clark just got really upset and ran away. But Ellie will handle it differently, I think.

Besides personality differences, the gender roles also make this interesting. Ellie is much stronger/more physically capable than Jay. Which may not be a bad thing by itself for their relationship, but they are being comstantly reminded of that fact every time they try to get close. Not to mention that Ellie is currently employed at a job she loves and working towards a degree, while Jay is unemployed, having been essentially fired from the last job he had. Some interesting stuff there, no?

Thanks everyone for the comments! I'm planning on posting on a rough weekly basis, depending on how fast I am able to write.

#52218 05/17/08 12:10 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Not like you need me to tell you this, Beth, but I'm so excited you have decided to write this. Since the very beginning, Ellie captured my heart in a way that even Kaylie and Jon didn't, despite how much I liked Honesty and Fidelity. So, I'm so excited to see her more fully explored. And I think Jay makes a very nice balance for Ellie.

#52219 05/18/08 03:23 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Since the very beginning, Ellie captured my heart in a way that even Kaylie and Jon didn't
I can see why she would. She has, by far, the most energy out of all the characters, and scenes with her tend to be snappier. I'm so glad to know that she made a good impression!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard