Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I'm starting to feel like Lex may be in trouble here. And I'm also starting to feel like I like him. frown It's still always possible that he's got another personality who's The Boss, or something like that, but the person we're seeing here is one I wouldn't want to lose. No, he's not perfect, but he'd like to be better, and really, that's pretty good for a billionaire who employs hundreds of thousands of people. (I'm not saying I'll be unhappy if he and Lois break up, though. smile )

Cat put in her feelers to find out more about The Boss, but she's not supposed to here back until after this weekend is over. I wonder how that's going to play into things.

Only two parts left! I am going to miss this story!

Columnist
Columnist
I'm seriously on the edge of my seat waiting to see how this will all work out. And in only two parts! Is there going to be a sequel?

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Huh. Only two parts left. And matter is about to hit the fan. Will there be time for a happy ending? Suddenly I don't think so.

No one died in this part. I was almost surprised. But I started to think that the person who is going to die could be Lois after all. Not so that she is going to die physically, but so that her Lois Lane identity gets shot, the way Clark's did at that Al Capone club (can never remember what the place was called). It was interesting that Lois had gotten herself a new outfit that no one has yet seen. This could be the perfect opportunity to wear it, and to pretend to be an entirely new heroine.

It amused Lois that Clark's baggy trunks were soft gray and his loose casual shirt was cream-colored and buttoned up most of the way, while Lex's much tighter trunks were bright red while his upper body was covered by a close-fitting pale blue t-shirt. Not exactly Superman's colors, but close, and it was a symbolic role reversal that she didn't think Clark was aware of.
That was a funny little detail. It is probably symbolic somehow, although I'm not exactly sure how. Maybe it only reflects the fact that Lois loves Lex, not Superman. But does she really?

She did, however, wonder at Lex's choice of attire. Was he trying to make a statement to her, to Clark, or to all of them? Or did it even matter? Or was he trying to impress her with his physique?
Lois doesn't quite get the point of Lex's "Superman suit" herself.

Then several porpoises leaped out of the water near the bow of the craft. Lois was so excited that she clapped her hands and squealed with delight. “Look! Look! It's Flipper!”
Wow!!! I would have been totally delighted myself!

Back to your relationship, Clark. How serious are you about her?”

He hesitated, then said, “I think she's pretty serious about me, but I don't know how serious I am about her. Besides, she doesn't know about my part-time job yet. I have no idea how she'd take that news.”

“You mean the news about – “ she made a small wavy motion with one hand “ – you know.”

“Yeah.” He waited for a moment, then said, “I'd really like to tell her. I mean, I'd really, really like to tell her.”
Clark wants to tell Rebecca about Superman, but he is scared of what her reaction might be.

“So, you really wish you could tell Lex so you'd have another person close to you to talk to about it all?”

“Huh. I never thought about it like that, but – yeah, I guess that's part of the reason he and I are – whatever we are. The problem is that I don't know how Lex would react to knowing who I really am – I mean, who else I really am – my other self – and I'm a little afraid of telling him. You know he's never been real fond of Superman, and he isn't exactly Ultra Woman's biggest fan, either.”
And Lois wants to tell Lex, but she is worried about how he will react, too.

Sounds like Clark and Mayson all over again.

And Lana was a control freak who controlled her and Clark's relationship, and she made a lot of money, too.

Normally I'd be really angry at Clark for throwing Lois over board, but now that she has superpowers I forgive him! And the thing she said to him to provoke his retaliation was definitely funny!

Clark shifted forward and pointed at a star to the northeast.

“Look at that bright one there. Isn't that part of Orion's belt?”
No! If you see one bright star, then it's not part of Orion's Belt, unless it's hugging the horizon. Orion's Belt is unmistabkable:

[Linked Image]

Three bright stars in a row. Orion's Belt.

In Sweden you can never see Orion to the northeast. It is always more or less to the south. In the United States it rises higher in the sky, traces out a bigger arc on the sky and moves farther to he north, but I doubt that even you could see it in the northeast. I'd say you need to go to the southern hemisphere for that! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

“No buts! I was in good shape then and I'm still in good shape now. I get all the exercise I need in the newsroom.”

“In the newsroom? How?”

“By jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down the boss, knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility, and pushing my luck.”
That's so funny! That's so great! It's vintage Terry!

But Lois wasn't a bit like that other woman. Lois was curious, open, friendly, and caring about other people, none of which the bodybuilder had been. The other woman had spoken almost exclusively about heath issues, her personal measurements, her current workout routine, her upcoming contests, and her prospects on the competitive stage. Things like world peace, injustice, crime, political corruption, and the problems and perks of running a billion-dollar business empire had never crossed her steroid-stimulated mind.

He sighed deeply and gazed up at the star-speckled sky. She shifted closer and put her hand flat against his chest. “Mmm,” he murmured. “You feel so good.”
You made me like Lex here. Of course, a part of me is still protesting. That is Lex!!! He can't be good!

And Lex and Lois had a good time that night, and so did Clark and Rebecca. They had a good time the following day, too, when they were playing Hearts.

And then Nigel shows up with a gun.

Are we goig to have the same shocking, chaotic ending to this tale as we did to its prequel? Somebody is dead at sea, Clark and Lois are witnesses, and their worlds are falling apart around them?

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup

He blinked at her sudden change of subject, then smiled. “It was the designation the craft bore when I purchased her from an estate sale three years ago. I have had no reason to change her name.” He kissed Lois’s ear lightly. “Up until now, that is. Do you have any suggestions?”
Change name of the boat is bad luck. eek

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Thanks for reading, y'all! Does my old bones some good to read feedback on my baby.

Amy, that dual personality thing would've been fun to play with if I'd only thought of it some months ago. I'm glad you've (sort of) accepted Lex as a not-bad guy, since that's what I've been aiming for all along. And yes, danger has just walked down the stairs and asked for a meeting. Of course, Nigel doesn't know what he's stepping into, but then our quartet doesn't know what they're stepping into either.

Beth, we'll have to see about a sequel. A lot can happen in two parts.

Interesting, Ann, that you assume that Lois will be a victim. And its noteworthy that you picked out some of the dialogue between Clark and Lois that I did the most work on. It's hard to keep the reader's attention during exposition, especially emotional exposition. I'm glad you weren't bored.

A note about Orion's belt: That's one of the two or three astronomical figures I can pick out myself. As often as I've gazed into the heavens (and I like learning about astronomy, so keep telling us stuff, Ann!) I have never been able to figure out how anyone can see Virgo or Taurus or Diogenes with a lamp or whatever. I just don't see them. Of course, I don't think that spotted shirts and striped pants clash, either. It appears to be a mental deficiency on my part. But I put that in as a conversation starter. Clark and Rebecca needed to talk about Lana, so there you go.

Maria, I'm so sorry to read about your illness! I hope you get better all of a sudden and feel great again. I've missed your comments. And thanks for the note about the boat name. I did not know it was considered bad luck. Maybe Lex won't change it after all. Of course, maybe he won't have the opportunity to change it, either.

Next chapter up tomorrow! Hang on, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Terry, you have me quite worried there. Will we get LnC after 70-80 parts, or will there be a Road 3 to get them together.

And even if Lex is a "good" guy, so was Lana in Road 1. And she got sort of made to go away, too.

Looking so forward to seeing the rest of this tale.

Michael

PS: Okay, I'll admit it, I don't like seeing Lois with anyone but Clark. They are soulmates for crying out loud. whinging

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm hanging my head in shame, here. I could have sworn I left feedback for you. I only hope your old bones survived my omission, since I have been faithfully reading.

I see lots of parallels between this boat ride and another one in a previous story. A boat in the middle of nowhere. Bad guys on board. Life-altering consequences.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard