Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51773 05/02/08 12:03 PM
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Okay, I haven't read this part yet, but after I realized that I am one of the guilty readers who haven't left you any feedback yet, I had to give you something.

Trust me, there are lots of people reading your story. It's just that sometimes we forget to comment. I have a really bad habit of not wanting to start threads and instead waiting for someone else to do it. But then I usually end up forgetting to give feedback on people's wonderful stories.

I've been reading your story from the beginning and I can't wait to read this next part. thumbsup

EDIT:

Okay, just read it.

She really had to discover how Clark contacted Superman. Maybe by knowing that, she would discover where Clark was.
Hmm... Maybe, Lois. wink

Poor Lois is tracking down Asabi and Nigel when we know they won't really be able to help her. I'm glad that Lois was able to get over some of her pain in order to search for Clark.

#51774 05/02/08 12:21 PM
Beat Reporter
Online Sleepy
Beat Reporter
I really love your story and I hope you keep posting it. clap

Kathryn
#51775 05/02/08 12:45 PM
M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
I agree. Keep posting. I'm enjoying this story very much!

#51776 05/02/08 01:20 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Je vous ai envoyé un email.

Peace, Carolyn
#51777 05/02/08 02:13 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Yeah, what Beth said. Actually I can't speak as to why the gentle readers haven't been giving this worthy fic much feed back, I can only answer for myself. I'm lazy.

I know it's not fair, but I've gotten out of the habit of giving feedback on every instalment of fics that I am reading. I think it just comes from reading so many over the years. I do try to give the writers some comments along the way, just not everytime.

As for this story. It's actually one of the scenarios I've always wanted to see. It has the potential for angst ala TOGoM. It's able to give us Lois' fears for Clark at a time when she is just realising how important he is to her.

I agree that her fears in this situation would center on Clark, but I feel that its a bit unrealistic with a season one Lois to not be more worried about Superman.

This is a good fic and I certainly hope you continue it.

Tank (who sees an obvious revelation in the not too distant future)

#51778 05/02/08 02:30 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I too am enjoying this.

But what about Martha and Jonathan? I know that they couldn't be with Superman at this point, but wouldn't they be in Metropolis 'looking' for Clark? Would they eventually [maybe even by now seeing how Lois obviously feels] have told her the truth? Or something? I'm sure you'll let us know.

One thing that does concern me is the shuttered windows. Understandable of course because they don't know that Superman is solar powered.

Waiting for the next part!
Carol

#51779 05/02/08 09:10 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah, it sucks when people don’t leave you fdk. Our bad! blush

Please don’t stop posting your story. I’m interested, I’m enjoying it, I always love episode rewrites (and presumably we’ll be treated to a revelation further on down the line as well), it totally doesn’t suck and I applaud you for posting an English version!

And since I can’t read French, I’ll never find out what happens if you don‘t carry on posting.

Looking forward to reading part 4.
thumbsup

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#51780 05/02/08 10:07 PM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Yeah! Feedbacks! THANKS! smile1 dance

I was becoming so worried. I hoped that I would receive two, maybe three comments, with any luck, so I am reaaly happy to know there is people out there who are reading and enjoying my story. I know it can happen that nobody leave feedbacks on a part, but two chapters with no comment whatsoever really put me on edge. So thank you to everybody. You've just reassured me. laugh

Je vous ai envoyé un email.
Yes, I've got it, and I've sent a response back to you. Thank you a lot.

As for this story. It's actually one of the scenarios I've always wanted to see. It has the potential for angst ala TOGoM. It's able to give us Lois' fears for Clark at a time when she is just realising how important he is to her.
That was exactly what I wanted. I love to read angsty story, even if I didn't had the time to read anything in the last year. And so, I wanted to try for the first time to write angst. My first story is completely comedy, and the second one completely romance. No Angst. So this time, I tried to write an angsty one. I'll hope you'll think I succeeded when the story will be entirely posted.

Tank (who sees an obvious revelation in the not too distant future)
Oh? You think? Maybe you're a descendant of Nostradamus...

But what about Martha and Jonathan? I know that they couldn't be with Superman at this point, but wouldn't they be in Metropolis 'looking' for Clark? Would they eventually [maybe even by now seeing how Lois obviously feels] have told her the truth? Or something? I'm sure you'll let us know.

One thing that does concern me is the shuttered windows. Understandable of course because they don't know that Superman is solar powered.
No. My bad. She is Nostradamus daughter... Have you read the story in french? You seem to know a lot about what will happen...

Effectively, we will know about the feelings os Martha and Jonathan soon enough. In part 4 actually.

And the shuttered windows... Well, I don't really want to comment that so early on on the story. I'll come back to it when a few more chapters will be posted.

And since I can’t read French, I’ll never find out what happens if you don‘t carry on posting.
Well, you won't have to learn french! LOL I just wanted to know if there was readers or if nobody was even cliquing on the link. But since you're there, I'll keep posting.

But I've got a proposition from someone to beta-read next part. And since my english grammar really sucks, I've accepted the offer, of course! So, I won't post daily anymore to let her time to read it and work on it. So, except if she finally decides that I am too big a challenge, I won't post next part until she finished.

But rest reassured, nobody will have too long to wait. The fanfic is already completely written (yeah, more than a year and half ago, actually), and traduced. I'va also already sent it to the archive, and a GE is looking into it. So in a few weeks time tops, the story will be archived, no matter what. Thanks a lot to both of you, my BR and my GE.

Thank you to everybody who let me know they were reading and enjoying. I'm really grateful for the comments. Keep writing them when next part will be posted, please smile

#51781 05/03/08 04:26 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I like you're story very much. I started reading the French version, but I didn't come very far. My french is way to bad to get through a story in what little spare time I have.

I'm really curious what will happen when Clark wakes up, so I beg you to post more. grovel

Very well written!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#51782 05/03/08 04:46 AM
Beat Reporter
Online Sleepy
Beat Reporter
I started reading the French version, but I didn't come very far. My french is way to bad to get through a story in what little spare time I have.
Me too I even used a dictionary and an online translator laugh

Kathryn
#51783 05/03/08 05:27 AM
C
Blogger
Blogger
C
I absolutely enjoy reading your story. Your style is great and I´m curious to know what will happen soon and what is about Martha and Jonathan. I´m always happy when I discover an angsty fanfic that is refering to the "House of Luthor" episode. These are my favourites.

Please go ahead posting your story! I even registered here for saying this to you and brought myself to write in english. blush

#51784 05/03/08 07:03 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Just started reading this today. Great story ! I am loving the angst.

#51785 05/03/08 04:53 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I have not read part 3 yet, I just finished parts 1 and 2. I like the path you are taking with this so far.

I look forward to more updates.

#51786 05/03/08 09:42 PM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Wow! More responses! Yeah!

Me too I even used a dictionary and an online translator
That is cheating! LOL
But that's nice to know that someone wants to know what happens next this bad smile

Please go ahead posting your story! I even registered here for saying this to you and brought myself to write in english.
Oh my! That is the best compliment I ever had!

I do remember why I registered three years ago. It was for a video trailer made by Kaethel. I loved it so much, I wanted to give her feedback. So, I registered, and then I noticed that nobody had posted on that thread for a whole year, and so I didn't dare. It took me a few days to have the strenght to bring the thread up to tell her that I loved her trailer. And I was afraid too of writing in english. I've never done it before, not even in class since I never studied english in school. I'm autodidact, so I didn"t even know if she would understand my comments. LOL.

So that means really a lot to me to know you've registered and brought yourself to write in english to give me feedback. Thank you.

And thanks to everybody who posted such nice comments laugh

#51787 05/09/08 06:00 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Sorry I lost you for awhile. When I found your story again I was already several parts behind.

In addition to the content, I like that your parts are very long. It allows the reader to sink their teeth into the subject.

Thanks for writing,

Elisabeth

#51788 05/09/08 11:39 PM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Thank you, Elisabeth.

I was wondering if I had lost you. You were one of the two people who gave me feedback on the teaser, and then, when I didn't have any comments on the two next parts, I was becoming worried that even the people interested in the beginning were becoming fed up with my story. I am glad to know you are catching up.

I hope you'll keep liking what you read smile

#51789 05/25/08 06:51 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Poussin!

I've just gotten around to reading your story and it's quite captivating a read.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard