Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Gently, he disentangled himself from her arms and slid out of the narrow bed, smiling when Lois immediately flipped onto her stomach and moved into the space he'd just left. During the night, he'd realized something…

Lois Lane was a bed hog.
A-haah!! That's adorable! And he can't help loving her for hogging the bed, too. Was it someone on these boards who said that she had a cat who always wanted to sleep in the middle of the bed, and she asked her mother if she could have a larger bed? But the mother said no, because the cat would have hogged the middle of the larger bed, too? laugh

Anyway, it must be love when you smile fondly when someone is trying to hog the bed from you!

She had multiple reasons to be angry over his duplicity; the very least of which was the way he had let swoon over Superman. If nothing else, Clark knew that Lois would hold him responsible for that, since Lois Lane didn't typically swoon. Her initial reaction to Superman had amused him at the beginning, but as they grew closer, it had become increasingly difficult to keep himself from grabbing her, kissing her and admitting the truth. That the man she had been making moon eyes at was the same man she worked beside and insulted on a daily basis.
Clark is explaining to himself why he was lying to her; I'm all ears, and I'm as interested as I'm skeptical. Because I just never believe that he had a truly good reason to lie to her at the same time as he was trying to make her fall in love with him. After all those years of reading the comics and watching the movies, I don't think anything can convince me that he had a truly good reason to lie!

Fear of her reaction - of losing her - had kept him from telling her the truth. He hadn't wanted things to change. Hadn't wanted the teasing insults to stop. Not that he was a glutton for punishment - he wasn't - but the barbs she continuously threw his way told him that she cared about him.
Hmmm. This still isn't a good reason - I mean, if he truly won her over he would have to tell her eventually, wouldn't he? Or would he have kept lying to her until the kids started flying around the living room?

Still. There is something quite appealing about the idea that he was afraid that Lois would become too respectful of him if he told her that he was Superman. I like that he liked her insults and saw them as proof that she cared about him. Okay, and she never insulted Superman, so clearly she didn't care for him as much as she cared for Clark!

He had hoped that she would work it out for herself that he was Superman - but she had remained uncharacteristically oblivious.
Your Honour, it wasn't my fault that Lois believed in all the lies I fed her!

Hmmmph! Yeah, liked the reckless driver said - it wasn't my fault that the parked car suddenly appeared out of nowhere and collided with me - I had really expected it to move out of my way!

He liked doing things for her. But the very fact that she was letting him fix her coffee, knowing that he was Superman, well, that just seemed to touch him in a way that it really shouldn't. It was just coffee. Yet - it was so much more than that. He knew Lois well enough to know that she'd never have been comfortable enough around Superman to let him fix her a cup of coffee. There was a definite pedestal his suited alter-ego had been put on - and there wasn't enough room on that pedestal for simple things like coffee. Clark remembered the odd reaction from Lois when Superman had mentioned doing errands.
This is very sweet.

But, you know, I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of Mad Dog Lane, too! She needs to get back her ability to be furious with Clark!

Lois could feel herself getting worked up. This was just too much. Too weird. She was angry that he lied to her but more than that - she felt like she was losing him… Because he wasn't that nice safe, farm boy that she had thought. He was more. So much more.

“Why did you put up with me?” she blurted, not meaning to voice what was really bothering her.

He looked confused. “What do you mean?”

Lois waved one hand in his direction. “You know. Why did you let me be so mean to you? All those awful things I said about you and you just put up with it. Why?”
Hey! I must protest! He wasn't always so nice to her. He threw her into a dumpster, sent her on a wild-goose chase to the Metropolis Sewage Reclamation Plant, and made her believe for days that he was dead when he certainly wasn't... that wasn't nice at all! Lois, you shouldn't be telling yourself that he was always so nice to you, because he really wasn't nice all the time!

“Oh… Clark!” she sniffed. Why did he have to be so understanding and so Clark-like?? He couldn't be a total jerk for just once in his life?
He was a total jerk now and then! Hey, Lois, show some Mad Dog Lane spine!

“Come here.” He scooted his chair out and held his arms out to her.

Lois wasted no time taking what he was offering - the solace of his arms. Snuggling into his lap, she allowed him to comfort her. Yep, this is exactly what she needed; his chest right there to pillow her cheek, his arms wrapped around her, his soft murmurs against her hair…
But this is so sweet... ahhh... I love it when they embrace! sloppy

“I'm still probably going to be mad at you later on,” she choked out. “Just to warn you. Don"t think that you"re completely off the hook.”
I'll take that as a promise, Lois!

“Wouldn't have it any other way,” he informed her, pressing a kiss to her forehead.
And I love it that he does, too! laugh

But Lois starts crying. frown

Then Martha and Jonathan appeared, and this was just adorable!!!

“Clark?” Martha asked, wondering what her son was doing in her kitchen with a lapful of Lois Lane. Oh she hoped it meant what she thought it did.
Aaaaawwwww!!! sloppy sloppy sloppy

Well, then Martha cooked breakfast for Lois and Clark, before Clark was leaving for Metropolis to try to find out who was trying to kill Lois.

And then I think you gave us a double helping of this chapter, Bellarata! laugh (Sorry for laughing, but it was a bit funny!)

Welcome back with more posts, and maybe with a slightly madder Lois Lane!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
I just have to say how much I like your narrative style. It bounces all over in such a fun way that makes this story so interesting to read.

But like Ann, I wouldn't mind some yelling from Lois, although I do like the nice stuff too.

Looking forward to more!

Blogger
Blogger
I'm a newbie around here, but I just have to tell you that I am really, really enjoying this story!

Peace, Carolyn
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, Bellarata, this is just such a wonderful and adorable fic. So much fluff smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
My not being on line much means I haven't done much reading lately, so I just discovered this. It's always a treat to discover a great story and find that more than one part has been posted. I love the emotions in this chapter especially. You really have a way of making me feel what they are feeling.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm loving this fic so far, it's very touching, please keep the posts coming!

All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
Columnist
Columnist
“Come here.” He scooted his chair out and held his arms out to her.

Lois wasted no time taking what he was offering - the solace of his arms. Snuggling into his lap, she allowed him to comfort her. Yep, this is exactly what she needed; his chest right there to pillow her cheek, his arms wrapped around her, his soft murmurs against her hair…
I love this section. Please come back with more soon. I am really enjoying this very touching story.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just bumping this up to the top. Bellarata, can you please continue? You've got me hooked.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bump again. More soon? Please?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just read this chapter but have not read the first two - which I will now go and do - but please do come back with the next chapter and more!!! It's a good story! I'm hooked too. smile1

Cheers
Elizabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Holy moly, I forgot about this fic!! Thanks for reminding me!

Will dig it out and try to work on it! *hugs you guys*

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, I reread it and it's great! Please come back and finish it. I know the next step is grinding through the plot part. Remember, Lois was the one who got the hint about Mr. Makeup.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was wondering if this fic has been finished at all? I can only find the first three parts? It's such an interesting story I'd like to be able to read the whole thing!

smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard