Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Oh this part is soooooo sweet.... smile1

Can´t wait to read the next part, please don´t let us wait too long. smile

I am Top Banana - that's the way I like it... (Pilot - Lois Lane)
Columnist
Columnist
I'm really enjoying this story so far. I've said this before, but S1 revelations are some of my fav stories to read, so I always enjoy a new one.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
What a lovely fic! Your portrait of Lois is absolutely irresistible.

Clark's face was unreadable and he refused to meet her eyes. That annoyed her. If you were going to pluck someone from certain death, the least you do was look them in the eye afterwards, for crying out loud. There had to be some protocol for this type of thing. Proper etiquette for how to act when you reveal to your best friend that you"re really a superhero.
Oh, so Lois!

Obviously her first assessment of him had been correct - Clark really had had been raised in a barn. But then she thought of Clark's mom and decided to cut him some slack. She liked Clark's mom and didn't want to insult her.

Clark though… was fair game and always had been.
laugh

“Clark?” she began again. “Where are we going?”

“Someplace safe,” he muttered.

“Well, that"s helpful.” Had he always been this cryptic? She studied his features. She really should have been able to figure this out by herself - some investigative reporter she was.

“Clark?” Her voice sounded small even to her ears.

“What?”

“I just wanted to say….” Lois took a deep breath, “thank you. You know, for saving my life. Again.”

A tiny smile played along his lips. “Well, it seems to have become a full time job lately.”

Lois stared at him, ready to tell him that it wasn't her fault that somebody kept trying to kill her. Only… the words never came. Instead, Lois found herself bursting into tears. God, she hated when she did that. It always happened at the worst times too. Like this one - this had to be one of the worst times ever. And the more she tried to not cry, the harder her tears would fall.
The mercurial changes in Lois's moods, the way her emotions are sent careering this way and that in the pin-ball machine of her mental babbling... I love it!

“Don't cry, Lois,” Clark pleaded. “I'm sorry.”

With an unladylike sniff, Lois raised her head to stare into Clark's face. “Why are you sorry?”

“For… lying to you.”

“Oh. That.” Oddly, that wasn't upsetting her. At least not at the moment. “That's not why I'm crying.”

“Then why are you crying?” he asked softly.

Lois sniffed again. “I don't know!” she wailed.
Oh, so adorable and sad!

If Lois thought she'd been tired before, the weariness that struck her just then barely paled in comparison. She was grateful for the strong arm wrapped around her waist and unconsciously leaned against Clark, letting him take the brunt of her weight.

“You ok?”

“I'm tired. I'm really, really tired.” The fight or flight adrenaline had fled, along with her tears - and left her barely able to function. She hated when that happened too.

When strong arms swept her off her feet, Lois didn't complain, merely dropping her head against the muscular chest beneath her cheek and closed her eyes. She felt safe - and that was a feeling that had been in low abundance the past few days. The steady beat of Clark's heart was threatening to lull her to sleep. That was just like Clark. Steady. There when she needed him.
Awwww....

“It's ok, you know.”

“What is?”

Lois gestured to him. “That you are, you know… Superman.” She yawned. “Tomorrow it might not be, but for tonight it's ok.”

He gave her another one of those illegal smiles and she found herself returning it. He was still her comfortable Clark and she loved that about him.
Aaaawww!!!

“Clark?”

He spun back around to regard her and Lois noted for the first time that his face mirrored her own weariness. “Yes?”

“Will you stay with me?” Lois hated the weak, slightly pleading tone of her voice. It annoyed her. Honestly, sometimes she didn't know how Clark put up with her.

He nodded and made his way across the room to settle in the chair that occupied one corner. “I'll be right here if you need me.”

Lois frowned. That wasn't what she meant. “No, I mean… could you… sleep next to me?
Yes, having Clark sleep next to Lois is always a brilliant idea!! laugh (And I wouldn't mind a brief trip into nfic territory, or at least a terse report that Lois and Clark took a trip into nfic territory on their own, but they didn't invite you along... wink )

Looking forward to next part. Please keep the lovely B-plot going!

Ann

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I am still enjoying this as well.

Looking forward to the next part.

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh ditto, I really like this part. Lois is nervous but comfortable and Clark is so Clark. It is very sweet. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Top Banana:
Oh this part is soooooo sweet.... smile1

Can´t wait to read the next part, please don´t let us wait too long. smile
Next part is written! Just having it looked over, should be posted tomorrow. Thank you so much for the nice comments!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by TOC:
What a lovely fic! Your portrait of Lois is absolutely irresistible.

Clark's face was unreadable and he refused to meet her eyes. That annoyed her. If you were going to pluck someone from certain death, the least you do was look them in the eye afterwards, for crying out loud. There had to be some protocol for this type of thing. Proper etiquette for how to act when you reveal to your best friend that you"re really a superhero.
Oh, so Lois!

Obviously her first assessment of him had been correct - Clark really had had been raised in a barn. But then she thought of Clark's mom and decided to cut him some slack. She liked Clark's mom and didn't want to insult her.

Clark though… was fair game and always had been.
laugh

“Clark?” she began again. “Where are we going?”

“Someplace safe,” he muttered.

“Well, that"s helpful.” Had he always been this cryptic? She studied his features. She really should have been able to figure this out by herself - some investigative reporter she was.

“Clark?” Her voice sounded small even to her ears.

“What?”

“I just wanted to say….” Lois took a deep breath, “thank you. You know, for saving my life. Again.”

A tiny smile played along his lips. “Well, it seems to have become a full time job lately.”

Lois stared at him, ready to tell him that it wasn't her fault that somebody kept trying to kill her. Only… the words never came. Instead, Lois found herself bursting into tears. God, she hated when she did that. It always happened at the worst times too. Like this one - this had to be one of the worst times ever. And the more she tried to not cry, the harder her tears would fall.
The mercurial changes in Lois's moods, the way her emotions are sent careering this way and that in the pin-ball machine of her mental babbling... I love it!

“Don't cry, Lois,” Clark pleaded. “I'm sorry.”

With an unladylike sniff, Lois raised her head to stare into Clark's face. “Why are you sorry?”

“For… lying to you.”

“Oh. That.” Oddly, that wasn't upsetting her. At least not at the moment. “That's not why I'm crying.”

“Then why are you crying?” he asked softly.

Lois sniffed again. “I don't know!” she wailed.
Oh, so adorable and sad!

If Lois thought she'd been tired before, the weariness that struck her just then barely paled in comparison. She was grateful for the strong arm wrapped around her waist and unconsciously leaned against Clark, letting him take the brunt of her weight.

“You ok?”

“I'm tired. I'm really, really tired.” The fight or flight adrenaline had fled, along with her tears - and left her barely able to function. She hated when that happened too.

When strong arms swept her off her feet, Lois didn't complain, merely dropping her head against the muscular chest beneath her cheek and closed her eyes. She felt safe - and that was a feeling that had been in low abundance the past few days. The steady beat of Clark's heart was threatening to lull her to sleep. That was just like Clark. Steady. There when she needed him.
Awwww....

“It's ok, you know.”

“What is?”

Lois gestured to him. “That you are, you know… Superman.” She yawned. “Tomorrow it might not be, but for tonight it's ok.”

He gave her another one of those illegal smiles and she found herself returning it. He was still her comfortable Clark and she loved that about him.
Aaaawww!!!

“Clark?”

He spun back around to regard her and Lois noted for the first time that his face mirrored her own weariness. “Yes?”

“Will you stay with me?” Lois hated the weak, slightly pleading tone of her voice. It annoyed her. Honestly, sometimes she didn't know how Clark put up with her.

He nodded and made his way across the room to settle in the chair that occupied one corner. “I'll be right here if you need me.”

Lois frowned. That wasn't what she meant. “No, I mean… could you… sleep next to me?
Yes, having Clark sleep next to Lois is always a brilliant idea!! laugh (And I wouldn't mind a brief trip into nfic territory, or at least a terse report that Lois and Clark took a trip into nfic territory on their own, but they didn't invite you along... wink )

Looking forward to next part. Please keep the lovely B-plot going!

Ann
WOW!! Thank you sooo much for this amazing review!!! It really means a lot that you spent so much time on it!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by carolm:
I am still enjoying this as well.

Looking forward to the next part.

Carol
Thank you so much. And thank you especially for answering my plea of help!

Columnist
Columnist
Waiting for the other shoe to drop... that sounds like the perfect description of Clark in this fic.

I hope there is more coming, I am really enjoying this one very much.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard