Print Thread
#51597 04/24/08 01:46 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Only two more parts?!?!?! How on earth are you going to wrap it up that quickly?

And since I don't think you can get Kaylie and Jon [and Ellie and Jay?] married off that fast, does that mean there's another story coming?!?!?!

Okay - this part. Nice to see the flashback to when Jon lost his memories. Still not sure who it is - oh! Wait! Mrs. Cox. Duh. Not sure of the significance of the password [though that is why he was asking those questions]. The date he proposed?

Poor Winslow. Glad he's not dead. Wonder what's in the bag he gave Kaylie. Was Jon nearby just in case?

I'd say more soon but... wink . Will be watching for it once the boards are up.

Carol

#51598 04/27/08 12:21 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks for the comments, Carol.

Not sure of the significance of the password [though that is why he was asking those questions]. The date he proposed?
Yeah. His password was 15aug2024. As in August 15th, 2024. Was it maybe the year that threw you off? I debated not putting that in, but aug15 didn't seem like much of a password.

And since I don't think you can get Kaylie and Jon [and Ellie and Jay?] married off that fast, does that mean there's another story coming?!?!?!
Um... yeah, I think I so. I have an idea that could be interesting. blush

#51599 04/28/08 04:26 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Yeah - I got that that was the year, I just wasn't sure that was the significance of that particular date.

/me waits for new post with bated breath since the boards are working again smile

Carol [who would be a fool to turn down another fic in this universe]

#51600 04/28/08 08:52 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Okay - this part. Nice to see the flashback to when Jon lost his memories. Still not sure who it is - oh! Wait! Mrs. Cox. Duh.
I have a hunch it’s not Mrs. Cox! Unless she has changed her name, which I don’t think that’s what happened. All though, why did Beth mentioned Mrs. Cox in the first place?! confused Quit messing with my head Beth, just when I thought I got it all figured out… grumble

Not sure of the significance of the password [though that is why he was asking those questions]. The date he proposed?
That was actually pretty obviously to me why he was asking the questions. If he didn’t know his password he was probably trying out the dates.

“What do you want?” he demanded. “Why did you call me here?”
Even though I knew that she was someone else I still thought that it was Amanda. Me and my obsession with Amanda. I still think Amanda has something to do with it. You were so careful when I mentioned her the first time.

Next part, please!!! grovel

#51601 04/28/08 06:29 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'm still following this. I'm especially curious to see whether or not that device can restore blocked memories as well as remove access to them. (I subscribe to the theory that no memory is ever lost, just the ability to call it to mind easily.) So I'm thinking that both Jon's and Jay's memories can be restored, but maybe it would be at the cost of the memories gained between the erasure procedure and the restore procedure.

That wouldn't impact Jon that much, but if Jay and Ellie have progressed beyond sniping at each other to sharing tender and private moments, that might be a much tougher choice. And would Ellie want to lose what she and Jay might have to restore who Jay is? What would Kaylie say, or Jon? Would either of them be for that? Of course, if Jon underwent such a procedure, he wouldn't remember any Jay-Ellie pairing, but Ellie and Kaylie would. How might Kaylie feel about that?

This is interesting speculation, of course, and totally meaningless if the machine can restore those lost memories without further damage. Then all the subject has to do is reconcile those recovered memories with the new ones.

I was glad to see that the doctor wasn't in the house when the bomb went off. And I'm not all that surprised to learn that Mrs. Cox is involved in this. I always thought she was dropped unnecessarily (like Cat Grant) and the writers lost a chance to bring back someone who could be just as evil as Lex ever was. She might even go after someone else.

So please don't let Kaylie forget Jon! And don't allow Ellie to sacrifice her memories of Jay to take pressure off him. We are all a product of our combined experiences, and taking those memories away from us takes some part of our life from us. It baffles me to think that the stupid doctor never thought about that at some point, but then I remember my college freshman algebra instructor who couldn't explain what he did without thinking to anyone not as intuitive as he was.

I think there's something still to be learned from Gertrude and her lawyer. Somebody track down that lead!

I don't see how you can wrap this up in just two more parts. So it's a good thing you have some ideas for further stories in this universe.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#51602 04/29/08 08:51 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So many great scenes, Beth, and it's all starting to come together. Didn't see Winslow still being around at all.

And I like the concept of a follow up piece very much. Will you be able start posting as fast as you did with Fidelity?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#51603 04/29/08 02:24 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks everyone for the comments!

Sorry about the head-messing dede. wink We'll see some things come to light in the next chapter.

And I'm not all that surprised to learn that Mrs. Cox is involved in this. I always thought she was dropped unnecessarily (like Cat Grant) and the writers lost a chance to bring back someone who could be just as evil as Lex ever was.
I've always felt the same, Terry. Why did they give Lex so many illegitimate sons when Mrs. Cox would've been so much more fun? I felt the show was somewhat lacking in strong female villans. And ditto about Cat Grant.

I'm glad that there's interest in another story. I've already started twiddling with it, so I hope to start posting soon after I finish Fidelity. I never want to hold off for too long for fear that I'll lose momentum on the story.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard