Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51484 04/22/08 03:49 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Henry, I only started reading your fic recently - don't know why because I loved RS in the 80's - and I'm glad that I did. You write really well and I'm enjoying reading it. thumbsup

Hey, better late than never. blush

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#51485 04/22/08 04:58 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Henry - great chapter. You've answered a few of my questions with this post. It seems as though the a-plot is coming together.

“For instance” Steele began “did you know that I once stole the “Three Nude’s of Cairo”, it’s a painting—very valuable at that. Of course Laura made me give it back, but for a few moments I was the owner of one of the greatest paintings ever…painted.”

This interview was not at all what Clark had imagined. Steele was supposed to be tight lipped and reluctant, the Clark would whip out the photographic evidence and Steele would crack under the pressure—at least that’s how it had played out in his head. Now the complete opposite was occurring, and to top it off Steele somehow discovered his secret.

“And that’s not even the half of it” Steele grabbed the lapels of Clark’s jacket and mock whispered “I’m not even Remington Steele” Steele darted his eyes around the room as if to confirm that they were alone “Laura invented him, he doesn’t exist. At least he didn’t before 1980—do you know where I was in 1980?” Steele asked, looking as if he expected Clark to answer “I was in South Africa, don’t really remember why, but that’s not the point—the point I’m trying to make Mr. Kent is that I’m a fraud. I owe everything I am to Laura Steele-Holt…I mean Laura Steele…ur Holt Steele. “
I loved Clark's "interview" of Remington. LOL! Loved the morphine induced conversation. Neither man of Steel[e] has any secrets from the other, yet the information given will (hopefully) help Clark find and deal with the bad guys.
Steele glanced at it speculatively “You’re not thinking of opening it are you? That would be a blatant invasion of privacy Mrs. Steele—“

“Your point being?” Laura asked giving him some eyebrow of her own.

“No point, I’m just wondering what’s taking you so long to open the bloody thing.”
There were more parts that I liked (like Remington's insatiable hormones), but I loved this interaction between Laura and Remington. Cute.
He entered the room, and maneuvered over to the bed. With a quick flick of the wrist he pulled the sheet back to reveal two pillows embedded with bullet holes, it was less than a second later that his whole world went dark.
Yay! Bernie knocked out the slime bucket and can now escape and help Clark save the world.
dance
Hurry back with more,
BJ

#51486 04/22/08 05:35 AM
H
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
H
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by gr8shadesofElvis:
<strong> Henry, I only started reading your fic recently - don't know why because I loved RS in the 80's - and I'm glad that I did. You write really well and I'm enjoying reading it. razz .

I'll try to write more soon, but it's almost finals week which means I'll be writing around alot of studying dizzy

New Rule: Don't call me when you're stuck in traffic. It's not my fault radio sucks. And did it ever occur to you that there wouldn't be so much traffic if people like you put down the phone and concentrated on the road? Besides, I can't talk now--I'm in the car behind you, trying to watch a DVD.~Bill Maher

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard