Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51410 04/20/08 03:22 PM
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Catherine, what a lovely story! Though I haven't been leaving feedback, I have been following every chapter. I've just been very busy with school but could not stay away!

I've been out of town this weekend for my regional sorority convention and now I have two minutes left to leave feedback. LOL!

She sighed. “Look, I may not remember him, but I know him well enough to know that he wouldn’t do anything like that. It’s not who he is.”
I love how Lois is certain that Superman did not kill anyone, but not sure how she just knows this. Though a part o Lois's memory is wiped out, her emotions are still there.
The threat caused Clark’s vision to swim with red. With a cry of rage, he slammed his head forward, ignoring the pain that lanced through his skull as his blow connected. He lashed out, connecting fists with a ribcage, a nose, a throat, anything that he could reach. Then, not caring that he was playing dirty, not when his wife’s life rested on the line, he brought his knee up swiftly to the other man’s groin.

As his duplicate doubled over, Clark rushed over to where Lois was slumped against the wall.

“No, no, no,” he begged as he knelt down beside her, his hands fluttering between her bruising neck and her still chest. Tilting her head back, he sealed his lips over hers and breathed air into her lungs. He pulled back and brushed his fingers across the smooth skin of her cheek. “Come on, honey. Breathe.”

She can’t die.

Air shuddered into his lungs as he bent down again, forcing his body to stop trembling as he breathed into her once more.

Don’t leave me. Not again.
Now, I'm trying to figure out who this Superman double is. Is it Tom Berry? Does Clark have a split personality, literally? After all he woke to find mud on his feet and wasn't sure how it got there, at the same time that his double kissed Lois. What is going on with Superman?

Hurry back Catherine!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#51411 04/20/08 03:30 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Wow - Cat. This was great. And the incentive Clark needed to start being Superman again - sort of. While I know he's concerned about Lois, turning your back on a psychopathic Superbeing is never a good idea, even if you did just hit him where it hurts.

Any chance we'll get the next part before the boards go down for the weekend?
Carol

#51412 04/21/08 01:09 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
You know, that part was not nearly long enough. Then again, where would the suspense be? wink
Anyway, I love this story. I am anxiuosly awaiting the next part. thumbsup

#51413 04/21/08 04:15 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Wow, another action-packed chapter. I wonder if Clark's identity issues are going to be solved now that he flew to Lois' rescue?

And now we're talking about a Superman clone, right? I'm very curious to see who's behind that.

#51414 04/21/08 04:45 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
It's late and I shouldn't be leaving feedback. I should be sleeping. But I did want you to know how much I'm enjoying this.

Elisabeth

#51415 04/21/08 04:48 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I should be sleeping, too. laugh I just want to say I'm in the edge of my seat waiting next part. hyper

Please, post next chapter before the boards go down on the 25th! grovel grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#51416 04/22/08 07:38 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great part, as always. So we are talking clone here?

/me wonders if now all the pieces are in play or what is still lurking in the shadows.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#51417 04/22/08 03:54 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Loved it Catherine!

Like Michael I was thinking maybe this other Kryptonian is a clone with the hope that he's not that perfect and would die soon goofy

I want to know what's written in Arianna's letter to Lois, will it reach her or this Tom had taken it with him?

Lois will be allright, right?! Come back with the next part!!

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
#51418 04/23/08 08:54 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Here's the legit feedback that this part deserves.

Henderson headed for the front door. Before he touched the doorknob, he turned back to her. “Be careful around Superman.”
He may be sarcastic, but he's always looking out for her best interests.

She sighed. “Look, I may not remember him, but I know him well enough to know that he wouldn’t do anything like that. It’s not who he is.”
In the same way, she is always faithful to her friends, whether she remembers them or not.

He stood for a moment. “Sometimes, the death of someone you love can change a person. Especially when you feel it was your fault.”

He left before she could realize that he was speaking from personal experience.
An intriguing response. I believe you're telling us that Henderson has a past we haven't heard about.

The cell door opened. A shadow figure took two steps in and as she opened her mouth, a cloth was pressed firmly against her mouth.

The face of Tom Berry was the last thing she saw before her world went black.
Have we met Tom Berry before this part? For that matter have we met Michael Reynolds? I'm pretty sure we've met Alex. My guess is that he's a clone of Superman who had been raised by Lex Luthor. Just a guess based on the flimsy evidence that he arrived through the window, was a man who was dangerous to irritate, who felt the need to deal with street trash and who had enough of a temper to leave a hole in the wall.

I may not be the biggest fan of Arianna Carlin, but I've never wished her dead. Course, as you pointed out to me earlier, you never actually said that she died.

“Hello Lois,” the voice was deep, eerily familiar, but with a dark edge to it. “Didn’t I kill you already?”
Remind me not to read Imbroglio just before bedtime. This guy is absolutely creepy.

She had never realized how intimidating Clark could be if he chose to be so, but his doppelganger exuded an air of threat and power. She had no doubt in her mind that this person wasn’t actually her husband.
There's that faithfulness again. She barely remembers Clark, yet she trusts him enough to know that he wears a white hat.

I'm not talking to you about the cliffhanger. You know how I feel about those. (The word addicted comes to mind, but I won't write it down since I'm not talking to you. laugh )

Elisabeth

#51419 05/03/08 08:34 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hey, it's been like 2 weeks, since the cliffhanger. Please don't leave us hanging much longer.

#51420 05/16/08 01:29 AM
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hellooooo.... Catherine?

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#51421 05/16/08 03:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Please? Pretty please?
I can't bear hanging anymore! [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

#51422 05/16/08 03:31 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ack! I'm so sorry, you guys. A bunch of stuff came up in RL, and my writing literally went out the window because I just wasn't feeling it... BUT! Today I was out, and I brought my notebook with me. I wrote more of part nine and have the rest of the part mapped out, so no fear, it should be up soon! laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#51423 06/30/08 12:04 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Catherine, where are you??? spider

#51424 04/17/09 02:54 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Cat?!?!

More please? Sometime soonest?

I didn't realize how long it had been till I scrolled through the scroll [wish I'd been there still frown ] but I was thinking about this the other day and wondering if we'd ever get more.

So please?!

/me is not above begging or chocolate chip cookies if that'll help...

Carol

#51425 04/17/09 03:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a coincidence...

Sometime ago I had written Catherine about this story and today when I got on boards I had a PM from her about... Imbroglio. eek Or it was mental transmission or we're very in sync... laugh

I hope Catherine will see this thread, but just in case she doesn't, she hasn't given up the story, but she's not sure about where she was going with it. goofy

Andreia

#51426 04/17/09 01:16 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Nag... er support is fully appreciated! XD

Fortunately I remember most of the back story that I had going for this. Meaning I know what happened BEFORE the story. What happens in tying everything together, I don't know D:

*stabbities annoying characters in the eye*

But yes, I have taken this out and blew the layers of dust off. Still a bit dusty, and will take a bit to get worked on, but it shall be done! RAWR!

...I just can't guarantee when D:

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard