Next Thread
Print Thread
#51246 04/14/08 10:44 AM
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I'm so glad to see this back!

I love Lois and Clark's flight, how he was such a good tutor for her. And the way he was so supportive throughout the whole thing.

I'm hoping the next part won't take so long to come as this one.

#51247 04/14/08 12:13 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Nice cliffhanger!

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#51248 04/14/08 10:07 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it. smile1

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#51249 04/15/08 02:25 AM
J
JDG Offline
Blogger
Blogger
J
Thanks Beth, Marcus and gr8! I'm glad you guys are enjoying the story. thumbsup
I'm hoping the next part won't take so long to come as this one.
Me too. I'm sorry it took this long, but you know that RL stuff gets in the way. The next part isn't very long, so it should go faster.

Thanks again!

J.

Perry: Jimmy, do you know what a man needs at a time like this?
Jimmy: A baseball bat and an alibi?
Church of Metropolis
#51250 04/15/08 05:18 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved it too. It's wonderful to see Lois so excited to share her secret with Clark. It gives him the chance to see that keeping his secret from Lois is silly - he should trust her the way she trusts him.

I melted into a puddle of WaFFy goo at the references to Lois listening to Clark's heartbeat. He didn't get nervous when she threatened to drop him, but it raced at the thought of kissing her. She'll be thinking about that again later, I bet. laugh

"Let's check it out," he suggests.

"Together?"

"Would you rather I just wait here?" he teases.
Cute banter.
The woman I rescued described me as a scrawny and aggressive brunette. My exhaustion burns away in a rush of indignation.
LOL lol

“I don’t want to be you anymore.” I look at our joined hands and I’m reminded again of Clark on my sofa this morning. “I want my life back. How do you do it? How do you get up each morning – assuming you even slept the night before – and go out there and be *you*? Don’t you get tired?”

“Sometimes,” Superman admits softly.

I look at him again and I can see that he does look tired. And sad – there’s definitely sadness in his eyes. It triggers a rush of compassion for him inside me. Who does Superman go home to? Does he even have a home? What would I have done without Clark last night and, most especially, this morning?

“Please tell me that you have someone who understands all this.” I squeeze his hand gently. "Please tell me that sometimes you get to have a real life.”

"Sometimes." Superman ducks his head and I suddenly feel like I'm prying - I can understand now why he'd want to keep that side of him private. "It's not an easy balance, Lois."

"Last night I went flying above Metropolis. Do you ever do that?"

"I’ve never done that with a beautiful woman in my arms.” Does he have any idea how flustered I get when he smiles at me like this? Is he teasing me? Flirting with me?

"You never asked me," I whisper.

"My mistake." His smile fades and I hear his heart rate increase.
Sorry for the long quote, but this was a great conversation. Oh, boy, Clark's in trouble now. Superman reminds her of Clark, he made reference to her flying with someone without being told and Lois hears his hear rate increase - Just. Like. Clark. Once she has a chance to think about it, the game is up and Clark is toast.

Can't wait.
BJ

#51251 04/17/08 04:09 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it and so glad to see part 2 of this wonderful story!!! dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#51252 04/19/08 08:31 AM
J
JDG Offline
Blogger
Blogger
J
AnKS - thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

BJ - wow! Thank you so much for the long feedback. You have completely made my day! notworthy
Oh, boy, Clark's in trouble now. Superman reminds her of Clark, he made reference to her flying with someone without being told and Lois hears his hear rate increase - Just. Like. Clark. Once she has a chance to think about it, the game is up and Clark is toast.
Actually, she figured it out at the end of this part. And, since she called him by name, he's well aware of that fact. wink Once she has a little more time to think about it, well, we'll just have to see what her reaction is.

Church of Metropolis
#51253 04/19/08 08:33 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
There are so many nuances to this story, as well as so many things shared: insecurities, friendship, support, trust. I enjoyed this immensely. Don't let RL keep you from Part 3.

Elisabeth

#51254 04/20/08 03:36 PM
J
JDG Offline
Blogger
Blogger
J
Thanks, Elisabeth! I'll try to get part three out before the server move next week. smile

Church of Metropolis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard