Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Yeah, be careful and Lois Lane - those go well together wink .

Lovely as always, Beth. I get the feeling Jon's a bit put out by not going to STAR Labs - a bit petulant - 'well fine if you're going to STAR Labs I'm going to patrol and you won't get to see me tonight' *pout*.

Can't wait for the next part wink .
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She’s a trouble magnet, so be careful, okay?
Har, truer words were never spoken!

Another great part. I did have to grin at Jon being pouty, in the excellent words of Carol. Hmm and Ellie and Jay...I'm still keeping an eye on those two. For what? I'm not exactly sure LOL. They could just as easily be kissing as they could be beating the crap out of each other at the end of the story. Looking forward to what happens next!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Kaylie and Lois on a mission? Oh, oh. This spells Trouble. With a capital T. I'm just not sure for whom it spells it. Husbands, Bad guys, investigators...

“And about the whole worrying thing,” Jon continued. “You know I wouldn’t be nearly as worried if you weren’t going to investigate something with my mom. She’s a trouble magnet, so be careful, okay?” He was teasing me, but I could still see the inner concern behind his words.
Hm, yeah, the boy knows his mother all too well, I'd say.

Ellie and Jay, alone in a small room. People better knock and bring stretchers. Reminds me of the Klingon courting habits. You know, beating the crap out of your prospective partner in order to who him.

And I still am worried that Kaylie starts putting away mementos. It's probably a wise thing to do, but does nothing to alleviate concern for her well being.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
My apologies to anyone reading this story who happens to be a scientist. My knowledge of the human body comes mainly from reading wikipedia articles, and obsessively watching House. Add that to my own creative extrapolation and you get what you see here. Sorry if I make anyone cringe.
Don’t worry, I have no idea about what you just said. If you said something stupid, for me it’s irrelevant. Me, I’m just an IT intern! How is that for a coincidence? laugh

I liked this part, Jon is seeing his grandpa among the crowd, I thought that he was making a big deal about it, but he must have really suffered! dizzy

'well fine if you're going to STAR Labs I'm going to patrol and you won't get to see me tonight' *pout*.
My thoughts exactly. I want to see what’s going to happen between Ellie and Jay, I’m really sure they will end up kissing, lol.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Is it bad that I dreamed about Jon and Kaylie last night?

I don't remember much except that Jon was actually dressed like the Crimson Superman from... Cindy Leuch's Dawn of Discovery Series rather than Supernova. I knew he was Supernova though - it was just the clothes that were different.

That can't be a good thing... can it?
Carol

Columnist
Columnist
Thanks everyone for the comments!

I wanted to have Lois and Kaylie investigate something together for the longest time, so I'm really glad it's got other people interested too. Even though it does make their significant others tremble in terror. wink

Michael, my knowledge of Star Trek stops at that weird finger thingy, so I have no idea about Klingons, but it does sound like an interesting possibility.

dede, I'm glad my bad science didn't put you off the story, but now that I hear you're a computer guru, I'm going to be on my toes if Jon ever has to say anything smart!

And Carol, I can't really complain if this story is always on you're mind. Makes me feel pretty good! wink Am I right in remembering that the Crimson Superman's costume was less formfitting? If so, I don't think Jon would object after the whole pin-up episode.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part Beth. Keep it coming.
er
Michael, my knowledge of Star Trek stops at that weird finger thingy, so I have no idea about Klingons, but it does sound like an interesting possibility.
I think by "weird finger thingy" you are thinking of Vulcans as in "Live Long and Prosper"and the splayed hand spread with a V between the fingers.
Klingons are the dudes with the wrinkly foreheads, eat blood happily and say "It's a good day to die!"
This is not to be confused with the Jaffa on Stargate SG-1 who yell "Jaffa Kree" and have a gold medallion in their foreheads.
O.K., geek exit now.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Columnist
Columnist
I think by "weird finger thingy" you are thinking of Vulcans as in "Live Long and Prosper"and the splayed hand spread with a V between the fingers.
erm, yes. That would be the thingy. blush Thanks Artemis for the mini tutorial. Now I don't feel quite so clueless.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Beth - that was one thought I had wink . Yeah, his was a Spandex top but looser pants iirc. I'm thinking something like a figure skater or something. The flappy pants as opposed to a speed skater.

Something like:

[Linked Image]

But with a more Superman-y shirt of course.

If I remember right, he did go out in Clark's Superman uniform a time or two when his wasn't handy and they looked enough alike no one questioned it.

I'm sure Jon would be more comfortable, though his friend would still have had it made into a poster and gawked at him wink .
Carol

Columnist
Columnist
Thanks for the visual Carol. That's pretty much how I pictured the Crimson costume too. (and ditto on the Superman-y shirt wink )

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Jon and Kaylie have such cute dialog when they're not ignoring each other. I think they'll turn out okay in the end, but they moved into this engagement thing pretty quickly, and they need to realize it will take a little work. :-)

Columnist
Columnist
Thanks Amy. I'm glad to know that you're reading my story!

A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Kaylie and Lois are investigating together? I'm suddenly extremely worried for Kaylie's well-being. Well, I would be if I wasn't almost certain that Clark and/or Jon will be keeping an eye on them wink !

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard