Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
In case I'm first I'll be right back... otherwise I'll post in the other person's thread!

<looks around> Where is the looking around gremlin? This one? goofy

"Lois, there is no little Clark or..." he raised a brow. "...Clarkette out there anywhere."
Clarkette??? Clarkette!!!! Isn't that the best LnC kid's name ever!!! Please let your Lois and Clark have a daughter and name her Clarkette, Carol! Please?

(I got all kinds of delicious images in my head as I saw that name. Clarkette. This image comes closest of the ones I was thinking of when I googled Clarkette, though I pictured Clarkette more like a girls' rock band... Clara and the Clarkettes? laugh )

[Linked Image]

One of these girls is presumably a Clarkette. I'd love it if she had a special affinity for bubble baths....

The astronomer in me absolutely loved this, too:

"Maybe the planet was going to explode and they couldn't save themselves but they managed to save you. Maybe the sun was going to go all quasar on them or something."

"I think you mean supernova, Lois. A quasar is sort of like a black hole at the middle of a galaxy. An exploding star is a supernova."
Woo-hooo!!! Yes!!!

[Linked Image]

This is a quasar. It is a galaxy with a black hole in the middle. The black hole is surrounded by a thick disk of material that swirls around the black hole at mindbogglingly breakneck speeds, until the disk itself glows furiously white hot because of the sheer incredible friction of the particles in the dust disk rubbing against one another as they twist madly around! The stuff in the disk moves inexorably closer to the black hole until bits and pieces of it gets swallowed up! But every time the black hole has a snack, it burps twin super-violent superjets bursting forth perpendicularly from the disk. Wowzers!

(Anyway, Krypton's sun neither went quasar nor supernova. Like Clark said, a star can't become a quasar. Under very special circumstances it can become a supernova. But if it does, it becomes simply super-brilliant, and if Krypton was close enough to the Earth that Jor-El and Lara could send their son to Earth in a spaceship, then there is just no way we could have missed if Krypton's sun went supernova on us!)

[Linked Image]

A typical supernova, before and after.

[Linked Image]

Krypton's son...

[Linked Image]

Krypton's sun? Don't think so.... wink

On a more serious note, I loved how Clark confessed his loneliness and his pain about his unknown origins and his intense longing for a family to Lois. Here's hoping that she will help relieve his loneliness and longing sooner rather than later!

But Carol, this sure worried me!

Neither noticed the credit card lying on the ground in the office.
Uh-oh! Nooo!!! eek

Okay! This was delightful. Please come back with more soon!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
Yay Carol! I was almost late for my class because I was reading this, but it was totally worth it. Lois and CLark taking a bath together? She's gotten over her intimacy issues fast now that she realizes she loves him!

I love this story so much so far. I love seeing how little things in the plot change because Lois is in the loop.

And supernovas! You know how much I like those... wink

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
[peeks quickly will respond more later]

Beth - I thought of you when I wrote that wink .

The gin scene on the floor by the couch in the ep is in the tub in the script so I thought I could get away with that. Of course, they ditched the heart shaped tub with swimsuits in favor of the floor and fully clothed in the ep :p ~~~. Maybe that was the problem. If Lois had seen the chest again... wink

Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely, Carol.

"We're taking a bath."

"Together?" he managed to squeak out.
I went goofy

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwwww! Boo Hooo sob sob! So sweet. Love it! More please!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hehehe! YAY, a new part! laugh

Poor Clark squeaking like a mouse. OMG, I laughed so hard. And then I really wished this had been in the N folder. *g*

Clark laughed. "No, but I have burned a hole in a towel or two when I try to dry off too fast."
rotflol strangely enough, I remember seeing that in quite a few video clips. LOL! I wonder why... heee!

I mean really, how well would I have fit in on Klingon?
ROFL! Well, I dunno... But I know this: there's this guy from there who was raised by a couple of humans, somewhere out on a farming colony. Yes, yes, raised by farmers. And he had to learn to control his strength so he would fit in with the rest of the humans. I'm not kidding! I have the dialog from that episode of DS9 copied on my hard drive because I thought it was just too damn amusing... wink

[...]Why did they send me away? I'm a good person right? I would have been a good son to them." Tear threatened.
Awwww!! Poor Clarkie! *hugs him*

After long minutes, she broke away. "I do love you, Clark. I think I always have."
Nooooo! Well, I mean "YES!!!!" but... you can't stop there! You have to come back here and give us the rest of this. Soon! I wanna know what comes next!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Carol, that was lovely, from the squeaky Clark to his infertility insecurities and Lois telling him that she loved him.

Now, and understanding that you are working on other things as well, how long 'til the next part?

Blogger
Blogger
Have just finished reading the parts of your story! It's great. Like it! laugh smile1 Can't wait to read on. So please post the next part as soon as possible!

I'm looking forward to it!

I am Top Banana - that's the way I like it... (Pilot - Lois Lane)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Carol, sorry I'm late with feedback but I didn't have to tell you that this story is the bomb!

Clark landed them on the roof of the Lexor. "I've always wanted to do this in front of you."

Lois looked at him, puzzled. "What?"

"This." He brought his arms up and spun. By the time he was done spinning, he was back in his jeans and T-shirt.

"Wow." She stumbled back. "Clark, we need to talk."

"I know." He sighed. "Do you trust me?"

She gulped and then nodded.

She glared at him as he looked her up and down intently then realized that she suddenly felt warm and that steam was coming off of her. "What are you doing?"

"Warming you up."

She looked puzzled.

"Heat vision."

"Ah."

"Come here." He held out an arm and she cautiously stepped into his embrace. He wrapped his other arm around her and in literally seconds, she was standing in the middle of their living room suite.
This was just so many emotions wrapped up into one scene...trust, awe... I've always loved that Clark wants to morph in front of Lois , I guess as a confirmation of being totally open and vulnerable to her.
"Come on."

"What?"

"We're taking a bath."

"Together?" he managed to squeak out.

She laughed and muttered under her breath, "Who would have thought Superman could squeak?" She shook her head as she walked towards the bedroom.

"I do not squeak." Against his better judgment, he followed her.

"You squeaked."

"I did not."

Lois sighed and rolled her eyes. "Fine, you didn't squeak, Super Mouse." She turned to face him. "But you are going to take a bath with me. We're married remember?"
I just love it when Lois renders Clark speechless from embarrassment. He is in love with her and it's almost like her calling his bluff.
I've wanted to put down roots, to get married..." He paused. "To have kids. I love kids. I want kids of my own. Is that realistic?" He shrugged. "For most adopted kids? Probably. For me? I doubt it. First, if I could find someone who loved me enough to marry me, given my rather unusual second job that could require me to miss important occasions, to run out in the middle of conversations, to be gone for days at a time in the case of a major disaster... Even if I could find someone like that, who could also accept the fact that I'm an... alien..." He took another deep breath. "The fact remains that I am an alien. I’m not from here. Who's to say if I could even father children?" He paused. "It's a moot point right now anyway." He played with the bubbles some more.
"So, I know that kind of love exists, but I don't know that it's in the cards for me.
That she could live with the fact that I'm not human and may not be able to ever give her children. Sure, me and this fictitious woman could adopt, but, so help me, I want to have children of my own."

By this point in his soliloquy, tears had silently begun to slip down his cheeks. He'd never been so open with anyone about his origins, about his hopes and dreams. Sure, his parents knew he wanted a family, but not how badly. He'd never discussed the possibility of infertility with them, knowing it would likely dredge up bad memories.
Clark has really opened up to Lois and now they have no more secrets. Just the fact that he trusted her that much speaks volumes. And I think Lois realizes what Clark just gave her.

Also, I think Clark is asking Lois is all of this all right with her. He's trying to gauge how she feels about all of this because he wants her to love him unconditionally, so badly.
"You don't ever have to repeat any of that."

"I'm not planning on it.
Wow! This is certainly the opposite of what we have always known this scenario to be.
"And there's no one in your life who made you feel that way? Who makes you feel that way?"

Clark carefully for a moment, trying to decide how to answer that question. "There is. Or was. Or something. I fell in love with a woman the first time I saw her, but she's never seen me as more than a friend or a spandex clad superhero." He carefully avoided her gaze.

"You mean me, don't you?" she asked quietly.
I'm so glad that Lois didn't try to deny Clark her feelings, here.
"I do love you, Clark. I think I always have."
There...confirmation.

Very well done. Just hurry up with the next part!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Columnist
Columnist
clap Another wonderful part!

I really loved their conversation. Clark's openness with Lois was very well written. I can't remember reading anything quite like it before.

mecry Poor Clark! Lois is going to have to prove to him that he is wrong. As for having kids...they can have fun trying! laugh

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thank you all. Part 4 will be up soon smile .

I appreciate all of the comments!!!

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard