Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#50454 03/16/08 04:22 AM
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
"I'm Superman's 'friend'." She made the sign of quotations with her fingers. "Whoopee."
hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#50455 03/16/08 05:32 AM
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
This is the first Fanfic (without a *n* wink ) that I have read since Wendy's Christmas one! It was your name on the Topic Starter column got me really curious to read this one.

Great work! We need more from you, Tank... once an year is just... such a Tank Ending for the Fanfic Boards. frown

So, how about a GGGoH for 2008? Prankster for 2008? Lucky Leon for 2008? wink I dunno if you rewrite these episodes; I just named some in random, but we do need more stories from you!

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
#50456 03/16/08 09:57 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nice one-shot, Tank. Only it might not be a one-off after all. What about something like this for a sequel?

Lois and Superman go on like this for a few months, Lois gets some of her fire back, she meets someone with the initials D. S. (or someone else) and starts to feel something for the new guy, Superman gets jealous and argues with Lois, who tells him that he's a hero for the world but only her 'friend' ("Whoopee.") and he can't run her life and he can't expect her to mourn for Clark forever, and D. S. proposes and the sequel ends as Lois discusses the proposal with Superman and then thinks about it alone.

Then you can hunker down behind a snow fort and duck the tomatoes in the feedback folder.

peep

I think I might have to join you there soon.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#50457 03/16/08 10:44 AM
Kerth
Kerth
The obvious answer is to bring Clark back from the dead somehow - they never actually had a body. If he can fake healed bullet wounds somehow - with, say the help of a brilliant doctor who happens to be Lois's dad and has built cyborgs and ought to know how to convincingly fake that sort of thing - and come up with an explanation for the vanishing act it ought to be do-able.

Explaining the vanishing act is the tough part, but again a doctor or two that can be trusted might be the answer - he's been a John Doe treated for amnesia for the last few months. God knows he has a history of it...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#50458 03/16/08 11:54 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
bummer... and I mean that in the best possible sense. smile definitely need a sequel.

c.

#50459 03/16/08 01:04 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
very nice... and very different since things aren't exactly resolved :p

liked it though, wink thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#50460 03/16/08 02:41 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
You're an evil man, Tank Wilson. You've been writing happy endings for such a long time now that you suckered me in to thinking this would be another rewrite of TOGoM with a brilliant new way of resurrecting Clark Kent and then... Whamo! dizzy

Poor Lois. I can't help but feel her pain, frustration, anger and then depression during this vignette. Clark, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be feeling much but a self-righteous, martyr-like stoicism.
I don't apologize for what I did. It may have been wrong to think so, but I honestly felt that it would be for the best if you thought that Clark had died that night.
<sigh> Still making lunk-headed choices for Lois and still unwilling to see things from her end. He tells her she's brilliant when on a story, but never gives her the chance to help him get his life back. cat

All-in-all, a well-written vignette. Like many others, I loved the final line. "Whoopee"

Oh, and this...
Fin
Are you sure you didn't mean this to be a Tank/Wendy challenge fic? Shouldn't we be looking for the other half from Wendy in a few days?

Hey, I can hope, can't I?
BJ

#50461 03/16/08 04:56 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well Tank, I can honestly say that I've never read this take on TOGoM. But very nicely done.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#50462 03/16/08 06:36 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wait a minute bucko! What do you mean "Fin"? This does not look finished to me. Either go back and write the next part to this where Clark manages to get his life back or we go looking for Wendy to finish it.

You hear me?! wildguy

You say I'm a witch like it's a bad thing
#50463 03/16/08 06:51 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very nice angst.

"I'm Superman's 'friend'." She made the sign of quotations with her fingers. "Whoopee."
Call me evil, but every now and then it's nice to have a bitter ending. :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#50464 03/17/08 12:13 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Thanks for the kind words.

The whole 'point' in writing yet another version of TOGoM has always been trying to find a new twist on the situation that the episode presented.

I've written several versions over the years and have done all those crazy schemes as to how Clark (and Lois) figure out how to get Clark's life back.

The twist in this one was that they couldn't get Clark's life back. The conditions that played out left them with the unfortunate conclusion that Clark was still gone, but (at least?) Lois knew the truth... but is that really better?

No need to bother Wendy about this. She's already come to the rescue once before with a similarly ended tale, and I don't think Doctor Who would have the answer either.

Tank (who apologizes for not figuring out a logical way to cut Lois' hair this time)

#50465 03/17/08 02:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Niiiice! Angst and coffee to start the day - just wonderful. smile

Clark was gone. She had gotten him killed. He was dead, and it was her fault.
That sums it up so well. smile Excellent!

That whole dialog she's having with herself in the park is so beautifully written! Darn it... I'm sniffling too, now. frown

...bah, and I more than sniffled through the rest of that. Evil. Very evil.

But I loved every last word of it. thumbsup

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#50466 03/17/08 10:17 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Actually, I think Dr. Who can come to the rescue. Okay, so maybe not. They just need to wait until some OTHER doctor starts randomly experimenting with interdimensional travel and then Clark appears, as if out of nowhere but really just moving superfast, and claims to have been sucked through the interdimensional vortex.

Or not.

Terry's idea wasn't bad either.

But my favorite idea for an ending went like this. "Whoopee."

Elisabeth
who loves all of Tank's endings, whether they're TEs or not

#50467 03/17/08 11:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, so where's the rest? smile

...There is more, right? You can't just leave it like this, Tank! This is not a finished story. Heck, she hasn't even had a haircut!

So? What's the hold up? Post the rest! NOW! wildguy

~•~
#50468 03/18/08 02:13 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, just for those few of you gentle readers who would like a 'peek' into the future of this particular Lois Lane, I give you...

An Epilogue (sort of).

Within a week of the night of the 'Revelation', which was what she called it, things happened very fast for Lois. She had spend the rest of that night crying for what might have been, but after finally getting a few hours sleep she awoke with a new perspective.

Lois was, if nothing else, a proud and independant individual. While it would have been wonderful to have explored a real relationship with someone as special as Clark, it was not meant to be. And even though she had allowed herself to wallow for a time, she realized that she could not let who she was be defined by a man. Even if he was a super man.

So, it was high time that she took Clark's advice and got on with her life. But Lois decided that she wasn't going to just go back to her old life, but took this situation as a sign to reinvent who Lois Lane was, and was going to be.

First up was a physical change; so she made a trip to her friend, Cindy's, salon and got a make over. The new short, layered hairstyle would be perfect for her new life... in California.

A couple of phone calls to the L.A. Times showed her that there was a definite interest and she had secured an interview with the managing editor.

Another call to her sister, Lucy, told her that she would have somewhere to stay until she could find her own place.

By the end of the week she had resigned her position at the Daily Planet, said her tearful goodbyes to her friends, and boarded the plane to the West Coast.

By the end of the first month she had a solid position at the Times and a cute studio apartment in a nice neighborhood.

By the end of the first year she had won a Pulitzer, and had a small circle of good friends.

Shortly after the new year, she met a handsome actor named Jon Tenney and they fell madly in love. They were married and lived happily ever after.

Tank (who says you should always try to give the gentle readers what they ask for)

#50469 03/18/08 03:13 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
TANK!!! wildguy wildguy wildguy

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#50470 03/18/08 03:48 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Thank you, Tank. I feel so much better now that Lois has closure.

Elisabeth

#50471 03/18/08 04:12 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ha ha! Tank, now the story is complete smile cool clap

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#50472 03/18/08 04:48 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
LOL! I'm glad you took my advice (even though I know I wasn't the only one who gave you any). And, of course, you gave her a haircut. Nice timing, too.

My favorite line:

Shortly after the new year, she met a handsome actor named Jon Tenney and they fell madly in love. They were married and lived happily ever after.
Now we need a story where Lois butts heads with Chief Brenda Johnson over a murder investigation. Come on, you can do it!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#50473 03/19/08 06:31 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Originally posted by Sheila:
TANK!!! wildguy wildguy wildguy
See quote above. wallbash

You say I'm a witch like it's a bad thing
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard