Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
It's interesting that what Martha sees as wise decision making Lois understands to be weakness. It's certainly telling about Lois' insecurities.

How wicked of you that you let us know that Nigel had a strong reaction but you wouldn't let Lex or Lois see.

All in all, another well-rounded chapter. I know that when everybody finishes their Kerth reading they'll enjoy it.

Elisabeth

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I agree with what Elisabeth said. Unsurprisingly, given my tastes, the Lois/Martha part was by far my favorite. You bet I giggled at this:

The door was no barrier to her x-ray vision, and it revealed Martha Kent standing patiently in the hallway. Lois was glad it was Martha and not Jonathan or Clark who had awakened her. She now knew what style and brand of underwear Martha wore, and she was again glad that she was learning to control her powers before she determined whether or not Martha had any tattoos, scars, or other identifying marks anywhere on her person.
Ha-ha! Well, good thing it wasn't Clark who woke her up, then - or maybe that's a bad thing?

This was so funny, too:

“No. What's the biggest difference between the last time you ate pancakes and this morning?”

“Oh. Well, it's – it's my – my powers.” She stared open-mouthed at Martha. “You mean – you mean it's not you – but it's really me? These powers have made everything taste so good?”

“Well, it's either that or you have at least one super-power that Clark doesn't have.”

“What power?”

“Super-taste.”
Yes, now that Lois has got super-taste, she can really, really savour Martha's excellent cooking! laugh

And this was great:

“And just for the record, I think you're doing the right thing, dear.”

Lois eyed her warily. “You haven't heard my decision yet.”

“No, but if you'd chosen to have Bob try to remove your powers, you wouldn't be asking my advice on how to use them. If you'd decided to hide them, you'd have the option to come out of the closet – “ Lois giggled at the phrase “ – okay then, "reveal yourself' any time you wanted to later on. No, I think you've decided to wear a brightly-colored spandex costume and fight for truth and justice using your new abilities.”
Yes! I love the idea of Super-Lois, fighting for truth and justice.

Lois stared at her for a long moment. “Do you practice psychology on the side or are you psychic?”

Martha grinned. “I'm a mother, dear, so it's a little of both.” She stood. “Tell you what. Why don't you let me take your measurements? I bet I could come up with something that will suit you.”

Lois made a face. “Something that will "suit' me?”

Martha frowned, then smiled in comprehension. “Sorry, that one was unintentional. I'm generally not a fan of puns.” She gestured to her sowing room. “Shall I go find my tape measure?”

“Thank you so very much, Martha! You're a wonder.”
That thing about a mother being a psychologist as well as a psychic was so funny. And Martha is making Lois a suit! Yes! Is she going to be Ultra-Woman?

Then Lois was reunited with Lex and Clark with Rebecca... and I realized just how much I hadn't missed them. Lex and Rebecca, I mean.

And I hated the fact that Lex and Lois both missed Nigel's reaction to seeing Lois alive!!! razz

Asabi's warning to Lex was interesting. Does he really suspect Nigel? Or is this a super-clever red herring aimed at hiding the fact that Asabi himself is the "boss" who gives orders to Nigel? Ah well, probably not. But why is Lex so dense that he won't take Asabi's warnings seriously? frown

Here's hoping that Lois and Clark will shake off their Lex and Rebecca delusions as soon as possible!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Another interesting part.

I getting the definite vibe that Lex isn't necessarily 'in' on what may be going on behind his back in the Luthor Empire. I worry about that because it would tell me that Lex really isn't smart enough to have built that empire.

Besides we need Lex to be evil so Lois can be disappointed when she finds out about the real Lex and be driven to Clark.

Of course, since it's not as likely that Rebecca is one of the bad guys, that means she's toast.

Tank (who wonders if maybe Terry isn't going to pull the ulitmate switch and keep Lex the dupe and make Rebecca the mysterious 'boss')

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice part, Terry. I enjoyed the interaction between Lois and Martha. I'm also glad that Perry made the announcement to the newsroom about Lois and Clark being alive.
Everyone but Cat Grant.
I hope to see Perry doing some investigating of his own. This is the second time (that I can remember) that you've mentioned Perry's suspicions regarding Cat, but he's yet to do anything about it. I'd love to see him assign Jimmy to her tail or to have him directly overhear one of her phone calls in to the Boss.

Personally, I have no idea who the big honcho is. My one guess would be Bill Church Sr., but LOL at Tank's suggestion that it's really Rebecca. Perhaps she's not really writing in a journal - maybe she's split personality and "J" is her evil twin.

Enjoying it,
BJ

Columnist
Columnist
Jimmy found three different young female interns to hug, and to his great delight they each hugged him back.
I loved that line. Do you know that one part where Jimmy runs into the poll in Top Copy cause Diana is talking to him? Probably one of my favorite parts in the whole show ever because it's funny without drawing attention to itself. Just like this line. Thanks for some good Jimmy humor. laugh

And Lois is going to be a superhero? I'm wondering how Clark will take this. Will he welcome the company or feel like it's more reason to worry about her? And what about Jonathan?

I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter!

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Thanks for the feedback, y'all. I think everyone will be surprised when the identity of "The Boss" is finally revealed. And I'm glad so many of you liked the interaction between Lois and Martha. I've always seen Lois as "adopting" Martha as a mother figure, since her own mom was so messed up and offered so little help or support.

And Tank, you've actually given me an excellent idea for - well, let's just say you're quite perceptive. This is, in fact, one of the best ideas I've never had. It makes one of my coming plot twists so much more believable - at least, it does in my head.

Next chapter up soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've just managed to catch up on it. And wow what a ride.

A not-evil Luthor. Hm, wonder how that had happened.

The Boss - likely suspects on accord of unlikeliness, i.e. surprise factor:
- Sam (why not?)
- Jimmy (Wouldn't be a first one)
- Virginia McCoy (why not?)

More realistic options:
- Asabi
- The Head of Security in Lex Corp (the 60 year old ex-FBI guy)
- Bob Fences

Not options:
- Dennis Lang (because he knows)

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Dang, I was really hoping Lex was in on it. I dont mind a good Lex in stories, I just hate when Lois hooks up with him. I dont see how she and clark will get together now. If Lex really is this good man and cares that much for Lois, why look to Clark. If it takes Lex dying to hook them up, then that feels like a cop out. Then I would think they would both be second best to each other. I am so glad this story is finished and I dont have to wait to find out how it will end. Now I am off to read the rest.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard