Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50356 03/11/08 05:53 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Nice Carol. goofy

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#50357 03/11/08 07:09 AM
Columnist
Columnist
This was great!

But I think Lois and Clark need to have a bit of a talk. Clark still thinks that she only sees him for his powers, and that's going to backfire if confesses the "I'm falling in love with you" thing first.

I loved the twist on the conversation between the Kents and Clark. In fact, I have to say I found in even funnier than the one in the show. Maybe it just seems so much more crazy from Jonathan and Martha's perspective.

I'm looking forward to more!

#50358 03/11/08 07:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Such a nice surprise... Lois knows and Clark immediately knows she knows... ofcourse.. they still have to talk now.. looking fwd to next part!

thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#50359 03/11/08 07:53 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! I also love that Lois' didn't go ballistic on Clark. I'm looking forward to how this will end. *crosses fingers* please let there be some making out... or more. evil

Great job Carol!!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#50360 03/11/08 08:46 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just adorable! More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#50361 03/11/08 01:04 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
laugh I love it when Lois doesn't go completely nutso and takes the revelation so well. YAY!

"I almost woke you up to yell at you, but I know you're not supposed to wake up someone who's sleepwalking." She shrugged. "I wasn't sure about sleep levitating."
hehehe! smile *excellent*!

Superman had to p... relieve himself.
Damn you! I had just taken a sip from my coffee when I read that! ....it came right out my nose!!!! (and I wish I was kidding!)

She'd fallen asleep last night contemplating a relationship with Clark. Was that still something she wanted?
Heee! I sure hope so!! smile

But a relationship was more than just arms and a chest and a great six-pack.
Yes, but... I mean, arms like that you can't get anywhere else. *lol* ...I'm sorry, I had to! hehehe!

"The shutters are lead lined. I can't see what's going on."

"That's odd. What about the walls? Are they lead lined?"
Ahhh! WTG, Carol!! Finally someone had him think to look elsewhere. (does lead keep him from hearing, though, I wonder?)

Lois smiled shyly at him. "No." She grew bolder and winked at him. "I am going to send you for take out later though."

Clark laughed. "Just name the country."
OMG, that is SO cute!! ...totally makes me want one like him. (cause, heh... even Batman's not able to do THAT!)

This story is so much fun!! Come back quick with the next part! laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#50362 03/11/08 01:57 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Thought I'd pause for a moment before I tuck the kids in to say how much I enjoyed this.

Elisabeth
BTW, a blue arrow would be nice

#50363 03/11/08 02:07 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Will say more later, but thanks all smile .

Little blue arrow added...

What can I say? It was like 1am...
Carol

Edit: so it was 11:20 - it felt like 1am... wink

#50364 03/11/08 03:56 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
This was great! I loved Lois' calm reaction to Clark when he woke up. And the realization that she was falling in love with him was really well written.

#50365 03/11/08 04:35 PM
Columnist
Columnist
At least now she knew why he could eat all that junk food. Flying probably burned a lot of calories. Walking through fires probably did too.
I loved this line!

Great part. I'm looking forward to the next one!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#50366 03/11/08 04:45 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
More Please!

desiree

Don't think about the pink elephant... I dare you!

Thanks to Tineke for the avatar
#50367 03/11/08 05:45 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think my line of choice is this one:

Superman had to p... relieve himself.
It was the perfect transition. I like that she didn't flip, but I still think Lois was extremely calm - especially with the whole 'fallen in love' revelation. Those are two big revelations!

Martha and Jonathan were hilarious. They had a pretty big revelation of their own!

Anyway, loved the part - and the continuously growing total part count (i.e. 2/3 or 4) is exciting wink

Thanks for sharing,
~Sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
#50368 03/12/08 06:30 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I really like this, too! It was really funny when Martha and Jonathan thougt that Clark and Lois were married... and decided to do a little celebrating of their own!!! clap sloppy

Ann

#50369 03/12/08 12:09 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Carol, I just loved it! So many people commented that they were glad that Lois did not go ballistic with the revelation but we have to remember that this was early first season and Lois and Clark had not been friends that long. So he was not at the point of sacrilege yet.

"Anything happen last night?" he asked, avoiding the topic he knew was sure to come up.

"Depends on what you're talking about."

"Across the street."

He could almost see her shrug. "I haven't checked yet."

"What about here?" He raised his eyes to meet hers, certain she would see his fear and trepidation written in them.

"It was..." she paused for a moment, "...enlightening."

He chuckled softly. "Somehow, I think that's probably the understatement of the year."

She smiled at him. "Probably."

"Are you mad?"

She shook her head. "No."

"You're not?"

"I was, but I'm not anymore."

"Oh."
Poor Clark. He doesn't know where to start. His biggest concern is if Lois is mad at him or not. And as I've said before, it's too early in the game for Lois to be too upset with him.
She'd fallen asleep last night contemplating a relationship with Clark. Was that still something she wanted?

Before she'd realized he was Superman, she'd been reveling in the feeling of safety in his arms. Thinking about how she would like to wake up like that every morning and how well she would sleep every night.

She'd been getting ready to admit to herself that she was falling madly, desperately, completely, hopelessly in love with Clark Kent.

Where had that thought come from? Had she really been ready to admit that she was falling in love with Clark?
Deep down, she knew it was true. She was falling in love with Clark Kent. The pheromone thing had opened her eyes to her physical attraction to him and the kiss yesterday had further confirmed that. And the way he'd reacted to her when she was throwing herself at him... her first thought had been that he hadn't been attracted to her, but then she'd remembered the next morning, as she was fighting off the 'hangover' that came after the pheromone had worn off. Something along the lines of 'Take me, I'm yours'. So, yeah, he was attracted to her too.

He was definitely good looking. She'd realized that from the first moment she'd stopped to take time to look at him the day after they'd first met. *She* of course was immune to a pretty face, or so she'd thought. But Clark was so much more than just a pretty face. He was kind and generous and compassionate and had a body to die for.
I think that Lois should tread lightly when she tells Clark of her feelings. She has obviously harbored feelings for Clark and him holding her while they slept just confirmed her feelings. But he is probably going to think that the Superman revelation had something to do with it.
But there was so much more to him than a great body.

He was smart – smarter than she was many times, and that was something that pained her to admit more than she would ever let on. He was gentle. He was the last true Boy Scout and his powers had nothing to do with that. He would be the same caring Clark whether he was born on Krypton or in Kansas.

And that was what it all really boiled down to. She loved him. Powers or not, she loved him.

"Lois?"

His voice interrupted her musings.

She looked up to see that he was sitting back down on the bed. He had pulled a T-shirt on and one part of her mind noted that it made his arms look incredible.

But a relationship was more than just arms and a chest and a great six-pack.
Girl get a hold of yourself! Lois has it for Clark...bad!
"At least it didn't take us all night to figure out that this big stack of stuff is nothing." She looked at him. "And that was pretty impressive. You could come in handy, you know."

Clark's face became serious. "There's more to me than superpowers, you know."

She nodded. "I know.
Clark is wanting Lois to know that there is more to him than Superpowers and sort of asking her to please "really look at him."
"Lois and you? Is that... does everyone know?"

Clark was still lost in thought as he answered. "Oh sure, Mom. No problem. We're registered as husband and wife."

Jonathan and Martha shared a stunned look, but Jonathan was the one to voice the question. "Clark, is there anything... you'd like to tell us?"

"Not really. Things are going pretty smoothly, assuming Lois keeps her end of the bargain and lets me go first tonight." Clark didn't really care about their bathroom arrangements, but he wouldn't let Lois know that.

Jonathan and Martha nearly dropped their phones.

"I... that would be... I'm sure she will, Clark," Jonathan managed to croak out. "But, um, Clark... a gentleman always lets a lady go first."
I've always wondered about that conversation. I wondered if Jonathan and Martha actually knew what was going on and just pulling Clark's leg or did they really suspect that something had happened between the two of them. That phone conversation left lots of holes for inferences.

Again...loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Now if you would just produce the next part!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#50370 03/12/08 12:20 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thank you again guys. This afternoon just go really rough and I appreciate the comments more than you know.

Sheila - there is a line in the script that was cut from the ep [I discovered it while 'researching']. After they hang up, Jonathan says he wonders why they weren't invited to the ceremony leading me to believe they thought there really had been a wedding. And in the phone conversation he has with them later, Clark says he's sorry for misleading them or the misunderstanding or something like that.

Thanks again guys smile .
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard