Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Another awesome post even though there was too much A-plot. wildguy wildguy Very nicely done!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
First off, my apologies. I somehow forgot this when I posted, although I have now fixed it in the original post. I just wanted to make sure to give credit where it is due. The idea for kryptonite binding with another substance as a way to capture what's out there was not mine. It was thought of both by my husband and Ann, separately. It was a brilliant and immensely clean fix for a problem I was having trouble fixing on my own. So, thanks!

Sheila,

Another awesome post even though there was too much A-plot...Well, there Clark goes again, grabbing Lois's hand, seeking comfort from her presence.
See, there's romance. smile

Okay...are you sure that there are only 2 more parts? That means that the story is finished and you're holding out on us.
It is true that the rough drafts of these are finished. But I was pretty jet lagged when I wrote them, so they need a lot of work.

I'm working on them, though.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm sorry, I should have replied much sooner, too. I have been sort of caught up in the political debate elsewhere on these boards... sorry... blush

I liked this part, although it was a little too A-plotty for me to feel inspired to write an emotional, heartfelt review! Sorry. But I'm really glad that you would use a huge piece of titanium to just sort of "attract" and "soak up" the kryptonite dust the way a magnet would attract little shavings of iron! I'm really glad that you liked my little suggestion, and I really like the way you developed my idea! clap

Speaking of kryptonite, this was awesome:

“Well, the good news is I don't see any differences from when you've been exposed in the past, so there's no reason not to see a full recovery,” Bernard Klein said as he put his materials away.

“And the bad news?” Lois asked.

“Well Clark's recovery time is slower than normal. It may mean that over time repeated exposure so close together could have a harmful effect. At some point, the recovery time could exceed Clark's lifespan.”
Aaahh gaahhh! Eeeeek!!! eek

Thank God his recovery time still isn't exceeding his life span:

“Could that have happened yet?” Lois asked.

“It's not likely,” Bernard answered. “As you saw, Clark's skin is already a bit impervious to needles, so he is repairing. It's just taking longer than normal.”
Pheew!!!

Otherwise, I giggled a little at poor Clark, who felt like a pin cushion. Insert giggle gremlin here! I also liked the general "feeling" of this part, and the way that I can feel the obvious "togetherness" between Clark and Lois, the way they belong together, even if they haven't fully realized it yet.

I loved the ending:

And one of the hidden rooms that does is right next to this one.”

“But how do you get between them? Not one of those silly things where you move a book and the wall moves?” she asked jokingly as she pulled a book out of the bookcase. But Clark did not answer at first and then laughed when the wall did move, nearly knocking Lois off her feet. Clark reached out and grabbed her wrist, pulling her toward him and away from the moving wall. “How cheesy,” she grumbled as they moved into the other room.
How cheesy, but how funny! It was a little bit like one of those comical scenes that breaks the tension for a moment in a movie! clap

Ann

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Ann,
I'm sorry, I should have replied much sooner, too.
No one should feel the need to apologize for when they leave feedback. Feedback is optional (and very much appreciated whenever I receive it).

I'm really glad that you liked my little suggestion
For the record, I loved the suggestion. This was one of the major plot holes that I had not decided how to solve and it was so great to get a suggestion that was easy to use and I could assume was believable since both you and Mark (hubby) came up with it separately. Plus, not being complicated science is always good, too. Much easier for me to write. wink

I liked this part, although it was a little too A-plotty for me to feel inspired to write an emotional, heartfelt review!... I also liked the general "feeling" of this part, and the way that I can feel the obvious "togetherness" between Clark and Lois, the way they belong together, even if they haven't fully realized it yet.
So, I knew this was going to be the case – that the lack of big romantic moments in this part would make it seem a bit flatter than the other parts. But I also felt like it was realistic and necessary. Life is not made up of big romantic moments and Lois and Clark have had several heart-to-hearts in this story now. In my humble opinion, the real romance in life is in the little things, mainly as those tend to be less thought out. By virtue of being less showy, they seem less like they were done in an effort to convince the other person that you care about them and are really just the result of the fact that you do. When I think of the things through out my relationship with my husband that touched me, there are definitely some big things, but it was more the small things that really did it, that really made me feel loved and cherished.

I feel like Lois and Clark need that now – less talking about how they feel and more just showing each other. So, while I would not be so silly as to say there are no more big moments for the two of them, don't expect too many…

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard