Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50247 03/06/08 10:06 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
...just not big enough! laugh

Yippee! A HiM variation. Love it Carol - but can we tempt you into moving it over to another folder perhaps? Or is there no chance of that 'cause she going to beat the crap out of him for lying to her?

Ok, I'll wait and see. goofy

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#50248 03/07/08 06:50 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, that gets all of that awkward revelation stuff out of the way, now she can just plot her revenge for the sewage works...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#50249 03/07/08 06:56 AM
N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
So, uh, where's the rest? How long are you going to make us wait?

He decided he could go for one more, just to see her reaction. "It's a *big* bed. How about we share?"

Lois opened her mouth as though to make a sharp retort then closed it. "You know," she sighed. "You're probably right."

Clark did a double take. "I am?"

She nodded. "That maid walked in without any warning and if someone else does and finds you sleeping out here... Well, that might invite a lot of questions we really don't want to answer."

That's genius!

She could feel his body molded against hers as they spooned.

And that made me shiver - delicious!

So, seriously, where's the rest?

"There are lots of people who can be clever with words, which is different from being right with them." Anne Enright
#50250 03/07/08 07:39 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, this looks fun!

I think we all wish that the show would have pressed just a few more buttons in the HiM episode... but then again, I guess that why we are here! Anyway, it's fun to see Lois's mindset after that kiss - she can't really ignore him now, can she? And then the whole revelation, or semi-revelation, was great. And all in the aftermath of spooning, lol.

I can't wait to see how Clark explains this one!

~Sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
#50251 03/07/08 09:24 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! An episode rewrite. dance I love these. And to HiM. dance Perfect. Keep it coming. Loving this.

hail

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#50252 03/07/08 10:15 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yay! A HiM rewrite. And it's sure looking good already!

He decided he could go for one more, just to see her reaction. "It's a *big* bed. How about we share?"

Lois opened her mouth as though to make a sharp retort then closed it. "You know," she sighed. "You're probably right."
Yes!!! They'll be sharing the bed!!! smile1

Lois tried to roll over, but a weight on her waist prevented it. Where was she? She looked around. The honeymoon suite. Why couldn't she move? Her hand moved to her waist to see why and felt an arm. An arm?

Clark's arm.

She could feel his body molded against hers as they spooned. She'd never spooned with anyone before.
Aaaaawwww!!!! thumbsup

Clark shifted again in his sleep so that he was back on his side, facing her.

And then the strangest thing happened.

He levitated.

He just lifted up off the bed and hovered there about 18 inches above the mattress.

Lois stared and then waved one hand underneath him to make sure that there were no strings or any other explanation.

There was only one logical conclusion.

Clark was Superman.
Wo-hooo!!!! dance jump

Come back soon with more!!!

Ann

#50253 03/07/08 10:39 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
love it! love it!! love it!!!

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#50254 03/07/08 11:09 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana

Clark was Superman.
And they'll never find his body once she's through with him... eek

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#50255 03/07/08 01:08 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Carol, I love this so far. 1st season revelations are some of my fav types of fic, so I'm really glad to see this!

Tell your muse that my muse will gladly pay for super express airfare to get her back home to you so you can finish this soon. Mt Everest can wait. laugh

#50256 03/07/08 06:32 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
fantastic!! laugh it's quite comical to imagine lois moving her hand underneath clarks body

Lois: Clark, you don't have to be embarrassed. That's what friends are for. Just tell me how much.
Clark: Lois, I want you to go out with me!
#50257 03/08/08 06:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Har, I guess hell didn't freeze over! I'm looking forward to Lois' reaction!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#50258 03/08/08 07:40 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
That was brilliant! laugh I loved it, and can't wait to find out what happens next. See, you had no reason to doubt yourself. thumbsup

- Alisha (who would also like to say that her offer for BRing this story still remains open)

#50259 03/08/08 10:45 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Carol, this was one of my favorite episodes. Lois and Clark's resolve was surely tested here! And I loved your rewrite. My only problem is that you said that this was part 1/2 or 3. Well it's been two days...WHERE'S THE OTHER PART(S)?
Clark continued the kiss for a few more seconds as the door to the bedroom and later the suite itself shut and then pulled back. He was breathless. He had kissed Lois a time or two, but nothing like that. He rolled off of her and then sat up, trying desperately to pretend it hadn't affected him like it had.

He could hear Lois' breathing and noted her increased heart rate. Maybe she had felt just a little of what he did whenever he was near her.
You bet your sweet little chumpy she felt something!

She nodded. "That maid walked in without any warning and if someone else does and finds you sleeping out here... Well, that might invite a lot of questions we really don't want to answer."

Clark stared at her. "Are you sure? We could always say that we had a fight."

"No. We're both adults. We can share a bed, even a round one, without a problem."

Clark stood. "If you think that really is the best way..." He grinned at her. "I'll even sleep on top of the sheets."

She rolled her eyes. "That's not necessary. Besides, I turned the air way down in here last night and it's pretty chilly in there. You'll get cold."

Clark doubted that was going to be a problem and was sure that his invulnerability had nothing to do with it.
Clark is so sweet and innocent her, trying to protect Lois's honour. His innocence surely show through her and if Lois ever doubted Clark's intentions, the truth is staring her in the face here.
She rolled over and closed her eyes. Maybe Clark would buy that she was asleep before he came back in.
He walked across the room, listening to her breathing. It was pretty obvious that she wanted him to think she was asleep, but her rapid heart rate told him that she wasn't.

He slid into his side of the bed, and rolled so that his back was to Lois. He'd do his best to make sure she wasn't uncomfortable, even if he didn't think he'd get any sleep at all tonight.
So, Lois plays sleep and Clark plays along. They're both just so nervous. It's so sweet. They're both so unsure about how the other one feels.
Lois tried to roll over, but a weight on her waist prevented it. Where was she? She looked around. The honeymoon suite. Why couldn’t she move? Her hand moved to her waist to see why and felt an arm. An arm?

Clark's arm.
Funny how sleep relieves one's inhibitions. Clark even subconsciously wanted t hold Lois...close to him and in his sleep, he could do it freely. And if Lois is honest with herself, she wanted Clark to hold her. That's why they both slept so peacefully, because they were both right where they wanted to be.
She could feel his body molded against hers as they spooned. She'd never spooned with anyone before.
Already, Lois has shared something with Clark that she had never shared with anyone else before; this intimate closeness {not sexual}.
Very few of her other dates – interviews Lucy had called them – had resulted in more than a chaste kiss on the cheek and many not even that.

And so this was the first time she'd ever truly *slept* with someone and she was finding it to be... quite comfortable. And safe. She'd never felt this safe, not even when flying with Superman.
Suddenly, it hit her. She could wake up every morning like this for the rest of her life and she'd be okay with that. She felt safe and secure and somehow knew that she'd sleep better than she ever had while wrapped in Clark's arms.
We fail to realize the intimacy of just "sleeping" together. To me this says a lot about how much Lois and Clark love and trust each other, though they don't know it yet.
He levitated.

He just lifted up off the bed and hovered there about 18 inches above the mattress.

Lois stared and then waved one hand underneath him to make sure that there were no strings or any other explanation.

Clark was Superman.
Okay, Lois cannot be too mad at Clark. This was first season!
Superman. That caught her off guard. Of course, she was safe with Superman. But this was Clark. He was a rock when she needed one. He'd taken her in his arms more than once. And he'd been a perfect gentleman during the pheromone fiasco. Many lesser men would have taken advantage of her.
Lois has to remember that this is the same man who could have taken advantage of her, but didn't. So that has to mean that he at least sincerely cares about her and that this is not something that he shares with just anyone.

Very nicely done! Please hurry back!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#50260 03/08/08 02:14 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Well done. I'm looking forward to more.

Elisabeth

#50261 03/10/08 09:35 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I don't often get the chance to read much fanfic anymore, but I'm really glad that I found the time to read this.

Wonderful beginning!

Now I'll echo everyone else and say...

"Where's the rest?"

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#50262 03/10/08 05:25 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
You guys have absolutely no idea how much it means to me to read this FDK. Literally.

That said... wink

Part 2 is 10 pages right now, but not at a good stopping point I don't think.

I'm msg'ing Missy right now and will ask her what she thinks wink .

There is nothing written of part 3 yet, but it may well end up as 4 parts - that's what I'm thinking right now.

Today I got waylaid by a bit of Kerth reading, guilt over not doing schoolwork, cake making and sick kids frown .

Hopefully, it'll be up no later than tomorrow [which *is* what I said in the first post wink ].

Thank you all again so much!!!!!
Carol

#50263 03/11/08 12:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm sorry I'm so late to the party. I saw that you'd posted this and meant to read it quite a few days ago... but, well, I got sidetracked and... sorry!

Heee! Loving it already. clap

That's it. This was it. This was Clark. Her best friend. It really wasn't a big deal at all.
*snorts* yeah, yeah, yeah. If it wasn't a big deal, you wouldn't need to convince yourself of it so hard. hehe!

Yeah, and there were pigs flying by outside the window too.

As long as tonight didn't entail a major emergency and didn't float in his sleep, it would be okay.

And if he was *really* lucky, hell was freezing over too.
rotflol

She could feel his body molded against hers as they spooned.
heeeee!!!

Suddenly, it hit her. She could wake up every morning like this for the rest of her life and she'd be okay with that. She felt safe and secure and somehow knew that she'd sleep better than she ever had while wrapped in Clark's arms.
Heeee!!!! I'm sorry, I know my comments are really super intelligent... but this is what's coming out of my mouth as I'm reading, you realize... Giggles and "heeee!" -- and that's a good sign. wink

Niiiiice start, Carol! I love it! (and yay! because part 2 is already up!)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard