Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wow, I can't believe no one has posted fdk yet. I really enjoyed this chapter, Terry. The dialogue between Lois and Clark is wonderful in this story and the teasing is great. Lacking in UST, but the friendliness makes up for it. wink

Seeing Lois get her powers is always interesting to watch. I'm wondering why they haven't told Martha and Jonathan about Lois getting the powers yet, but knowing Martha, the episode on the porch has probably clued her in. She's pretty intuitive and they have lived through Clark getting the powers once.

Ack! I can't believe that you're making us wait another chapter for the conversation with Bob. Please hurry back iwth the next chapter.

BJ

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I really enjoyed Lois in this chapter. You paint her emotions and reactions to her new powers in a way that feels so realistic to me. And Clark is so wonderfully sweet and supportive with her. *is still hopeful that there may be love there*

Great job, Terry.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
“A-a-and I don’t have any idea how to do any of that and people look up to you and you have a charitable foundation, which, by the way, does lots of good things, but who’d buy an action figure of me – “
Err... Hmmm... The Teri Hatcher doll --Sorry. No picture was available.

“And you shouldn’t be so fiddle-winking sensitive, Lane.”
I'll be sure to use fiddle-winking on my next Scrabble game--assuming I get the coveted hyphen tile.

Methinks those two are getting awfully flirtatious these days. I'm enjoying reading, but I think that was an awfully cruel place to end the post even if it was long enough.

Elisabeth

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This was such a very good, intense chapter. It was riveting to see Lois develop her vision powers, being unable to control them, and trying to hide what was going on from Martha.

I loved how Clark helped her. I certainly loved this:

So she opened her eyes again, slowly, ready to snap them shut if the world suddenly turned crazy again.

It hadn't. She sobbed with relief. Clark gripped her shoulders and rubbed them gently but thoroughly. “I know, Lois, I know. It'll be all right, I promise.”

Clark's voice had a calming effect, and his hands made the tension in her neck and shoulders melt away like ice in an oven. How was it that this super man who could bend steel bars with his hands, could fly, could survive horrific explosions, and could command such respect and fear from the bad guys, could also soothe her with his voice and with his touch?

He was such a wonderful friend.
I'm sure we are all waiting for him to become more than a friend.

“Lois? Is something wrong?”

She sighed. “Have you noticed anything about your powers that might be odd? Like, today you have half the strength or speed or flying ability that you had yesterday?”

He frowned for a moment. “No. My powers are at full strength.”

“That's what I thought. So why do I have these powers too? They weren't split from you. It's almost as if they were copied somehow.”
Good observation. I've wondered about that myself every time I see Superman's powers transferred to another person, and yet they are still all there in himself.

“I see what you mean. I'm still the same, so what happened to change you?”

“That's the sixty-four thousand dollar super-question, isn't it? And if we don't know what happened to cause it, how can we undo it?”
She hates her powers. Of course, such a totally radical change would most certainly be scary. How can she fit in now? How can she be normal?

He paused. With his voice at its lowest volume, he asked, “Is it so terrible to be like me, Lois?”
Now that is the sixty-four thousand dollar super-question. And there is another, hidden question there someplace: Am I terrible, Lois?

“That's not what I meant. You – you're Superman! You know what to do when the bad guys do bad guy stuff! You know how to rescue mugging victims and stop burglars and catch bullets and – “

“Lois, you – “

“A-a-and I don't have any idea how to do any of that and people look up to you and you have a charitable foundation, which, by the way, does lots of good things, but who'd buy an action figure of me – “
Excellent writing and characterization.

“You're right, as usual.” He palmed the panel and the door began to open.

“Don't patronize me, Kent.”

Her prickly attitude finally got to him. “And you shouldn't be so fiddle-winking sensitive, Lane.”

She stood still, watching his face for a moment. He could tell that she was listening to the link. Finally she exhaled noisily. “I'm sorry, Clark. You're right. I'm on edge, but I shouldn't take it out on you.”

“No. You shouldn't.”
But this is one thing that I don't really like about the Clark that I associate with "your Clark", Terry. That Clark can be fiddle-winking sensitive, to say the least. When Lois blew her top and said something admittedly extremely hurtful because he had lied to her about his feelings for her, he nursed his anger at her for what seemed like years, even though she had forgiven him for his lies long ago. And when Tempus killed Lois and Clark's children, Clark could never forgive Lois for being unable to save the kids, even though she had most certainly done her very best to save her family. I think Clark should follow his own advice: don't take his anger and bitterness out on Lois. I'm very glad he hasn't taken his grief over Lana's death out on Lois.

This is certainly getting more and more interesting!

Ann

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
The interaction between our duo is getting more interesting as circumstances keep forcing them together. Almost isolating them from the rest of their friends. If Lois keeps the powers for any length of time it will force her to be that much closer to Clark by default. As if the 'connection' wasn't enough. It's almost as if they were 'brother and sister'... wink

Tank (who thinks is was a tad cruel to keep teasing us with 'Bob' and yet holding it off for another instalment)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard