Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Lara, this is a wonderful, uplifting Valentine's Day fic that I loved. Thank you for sharing it with us!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww, that was wonderful and WaFFy. What a great Valentine's Day treat!
"Some fluff piece you wouldn't like," he replied, looking slightly embarrassed. He moved his notebook to the other side of his keyboard.

"Oh, come on, what are you hiding?" she asked, her curiosity piqued.

Lois reached for the notebook, but Clark moved it again, out of her reach.

"I told you. It's just a fluff piece." He sighed, seeing her raised eyebrows. "For Valentine's Day," he admitted.
Oh, Clark. Trying to be evasive or secretive is the best way to interest Lois.

I won't quote it, but Lois's message to Clark was beautiful. /me sighs happily.

BJ

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Aw, thanks Lara for sharing this sweet story! smile I absolutely loved Lois' post reaction.

Mona

Top Banana
Top Banana
So I'm to blame, eh? Can't say I'm sorry at all, as this turned out to be a very lovely story! I may have to think about encouraging you more often. laugh

Anyway, very sweet story! And a fantastic revelation! *happy sigh* With stories like these, I may yet come to like Valentine's Day. wink

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
Loved the story, Sara! And I am amazed that Saskia could be in some way involved in something so un-evil wink

Love fluff pieces; there aren't nearly enough lately (say 5 or 6 a day would be nice, so all of you writers out there, get workin' devil )

Cris
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a wonderful story! I loved everything second of it and I see a Best Revelation Kerth in your future!!

I wish I had found my Clark yet... <dreamy sigh>

Natascha

N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
This story has stayed with me since I read it last night. While stories often make me think, it’s very rare for me to still be thinking about the story the next day. There were lots of little moments in this story that played out perfectly in my head – where I could actually *see* the characters as if this was an episode and not a story. Here’s a few of my faves:

Clark was there, too, a pencil in his mouth, typing furiously.

For whatever reason, I just love Clark chewing on his pencils and pens. blush There aren’t many stories with that little detail, which just makes it sweeter when I see it. In my mind, his shirtsleeves were rolled up, too. wink

He stopped typing barely long enough to give her a surprised look. "Fake? Why would any of them be fake?"

"Well, some of the anonymous ones are just way too... out there," she explained. "You know?"

"Doesn't mean they're not real, Lois," he offered.

There’s another part I can see perfectly in my mind. I love it when Clark is hopelessly romantic and Lois lets her cynicism show.

After reading a few posts, several of which she could easily have convinced herself might had been written for her, Lois decided it would be better for her sanity to read notes from a different folder. One where she couldn't jump to silly conclusions from reading love notes. One where reading posts wouldn't leave her feeling strangely lonely and heartbroken.

And this is why I love Lois’ cynicism – it’s there to disguise that she’s also a hopeless romantic.

I loved the entire note to Superman/Clark. I’ve thought about it over and over again, imagining his thoughts and expression as he read it.

And, finally, your closing image has stayed with me. I’ve replayed it countless times in my imagination, thinking about what happens next. Does she turn around? Does he kiss her?

This was a very moving and beautiful story. Thank you so much for posting it. thumbsup

"There are lots of people who can be clever with words, which is different from being right with them." Anne Enright
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, that's adorable.

Ann

Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh! Oh, oh, this is wonderful. Loved everything about it, but most definitely Lois's anonymous note. And yeah, the image of Clark typing at his desk, so lost in his thoughts that he had no idea how gorgeous he was. *bg* Great story!

Columnist
Columnist
What a delightful story! Wonderful, wonderful job.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
This is a FANTASTIC story. It's so natural and believable, even though it has an "Aw, shucks" quality to it. A work of art.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
BIG DITTO what Elisabeth said.

I loved Lois' "What Have I Done" internal babble.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Columnist
Columnist
Ah, I can't believe I missed this this morning. notworthy

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a superb revelation episode! thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Absolutely delightful, Lara smile .

Caroline

Columnist
Columnist
Beautiful! I absolutely loved this, Lara. Feel free to write us some fluff any time. smile

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Columnist
Columnist
Oh, a Valentines fic, just what I need!! laugh

I loved this revelation. Who's calling Lois galactically stupid? wink .. and the ending wow.
Loved it!!

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwww!!! Thank you so much for your comments! You guys totally made my day.

[Linked Image]

Saskia - yep, it's your fault, cause I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day either... and I totally wasn't planning to write a story for the occasion.

nepenthe - I should have thought to add it to the description, but for the record, in my head, his shirtsleeves are rolled up, too.

<hugs> all around and huge thanks for your comments!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Perfect!
Carol

Features Writer
Features Writer
I am so glad to see my favorite HotBat decided to post her V-day story so I'm not the only one hurling literary candy hearts at the readers! And like I told you when I first read the actual message she sends, I love, love, love this. I think the reason is because Lois uses her great love -- words, and by extension, writing -- to tell Clark how she feels. It's so fitting, given both her personality and her profession.
He frowned and flipped a few pages of his notebook back and forth. "I'm not sure how much longer I'll be," he told her. "You'll just be wasting time, hanging around here."
He must be realllyyyyy uncomfortable about the "story" he is working on for him to not want her to hang around. Gee Clark, she's practically begging you to spend the evening with her, and you're too dense to notice!
"Come on, Clark, candy hearts don't exactly win Kerths," she commented, giving him a disbelieving look.
I'm glad you decided to use this! And I think it fits well … it sounds very Lois. Amused and arrogant at the same time, because you can bet your sweet chumpy she wouldn't bother doing the "assignment" if Perry had given it to her; she'd probably tell him to take a candy heart and stick it up his ...
"Well, I just thought it would be fun to do." He shrugged, though he had a fairly embarrassed expression on his face.
I love that a mere question from Lois can make the Man of Steel embarrassed. Never mind that he parades around in a spandex suit that shows off his … uh … candy hearts.
"You're serious?" He frowned at her. Was she really offering to help? On a fluff piece that she normally wouldn't get within twenty feet of? Who was this woman and what had she done with the real Lois Lane?
She's willing to help him on a fluff piece? Ha! Lois is in love, Lois is in love! But can you blame her?
And a good choice on her part, may I add. If I had to pick between the Pulitzer and Clark, well, it would be a hard choice, but in the larger scheme of things, the award wouldn't keep me warm at night.
She'd lost count of the number of times she had rolled her eyes, shook her head and just plain laughed at the entries and their replies.
Ahh, you make the girl fall in love, but you can't take the cynic out of the girl.
One where reading posts wouldn't leave her feeling strangely lonely and heartbroken.
Aww. I like this. It fits in well with Lois hating the holidays, and also the fact that under all of her cynicism, she really is a romantic, and a lonely one at that.
All but the last three messages had been answered. And just a few minutes ago, even. This meant that that Superman was out somewhere in Metropolis right now, reading messages that people were leaving for him. And answering them, too.
I love that he would take the time to answer love letters. He's a darn nice guy.
It would explain so many things, however, Lois realized. The reason why she'd never, ever, seen Clark and Superman together, even though they claimed to be close friends. Why Clark had felt an urgent need to leave Metropolis, during the heat wave last year. How he'd suffered memory loss inexplicably, when Superman had gone missing after colliding with the Nightfall asteroid. And it would so easily explain why he kept walking out on her, abandoning her in the middle of a conversation sometimes, with the worst possible excuses known to man.
I love her reasoning process, and the scenarios that come to mind. And I love that she figured it out so easily, on her own.
Clark, her mild-mannered partner, the guy who brought her coffee in the morning, listened to her whenever she went off on some crazy tangent... The guy who walked her home when she left the Planet late at night, the guy who held her when she cried after some lunatic tried to kill her - again.
Awww. I love this. She can't be that mad, because look at how great he is to her as Clark, never mind everything he has done for her as Superman.
Of course he was Superman. He couldn't not be.
I love this because she wants him to be! I have read so many stories where she is sooo angry and determined that he couldn't be Superman, that she couldn't be that blind. This is a nice change.
If I could turn back time, start over again, I wouldn't push you away like I did that afternoon in the park. I'd tell you that I love you, right then and there. For everything that you are. No ifs. No buts.

I'll wait until you're ready to tell me what I already know. I could be wrong - I hope I'm not.

Please tell me that I'm right, and that it's really you.
Lara, damn you! Making me teary at WORK! There is no crying in newspapers!
She turned a corner and stopped, leaning back against the wall, eyes closed and heart still pounding in her chest.
I can picture this so well. She's standing in this slightly darkened hall, her heart pounding, her nerves on alert, her legs about to give out with fear … anticipation … mortification. It really encompasses how Lois deals with these things.
"You're right," he said, against her ear. "And I love you, too."
Awwww! I love the ending. It's so simple, and so beautiful! blush

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard