Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49673 02/13/08 11:16 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wow! I saw this was up and actually said SQUEEE! goofy Is that enough inspiration for you to continue?

I'd forgotten about this it's been gone so long, but I'm really glad to see it back!

Aaw, sweet. It made me smile. I hope they work it out. twins

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#49674 02/13/08 03:20 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm very glad to see this back! And I liked the chapter. What happened there was somehow so typical - Clark promised Lois that they would go on a date together, but then he just has to run over to the Daily Planet. I loved this:

“Lois? What's the problem?”

“Nothing.”

“You *are* mad at me.”

“No, I'm not.”

“Yes, you are.”

“No, I'm. . . well, actually I am starting to be. Just let it go, okay?”
Perfectly written.

“Lois. . .”

“I don't want to run into anyone, okay!”

“Why not?”

“I just don't.”

“It's 7:00, Lois. There will only be a few people there working late.”

“Who?”

“What?”

“Take a peek and tell me who.”

“You're kidding, right?”

Lois gave him a disgusted look.

“Okay, not kidding.” He pulled down his glasses and peered through the ceiling of his car, the paring garage and several floors of the Daily Planet. “Looks like a researcher, one who has started since you left, Morty in Obits, Jane in sports, also new, the security guard-”

“All right, then.”
There are people at the Daily Planet that she really doesn't want to see.

“I'm right here, Lois.” Clark scooted down against the wall and stuck his fingers
under the door. Warm fingers grasped his instantly. “What exactly were you doing in the closet?”

“I was headed to your office when I spotted Ralph heading towards the men's room. So I ducked in here so he wouldn't see me.”

“I know Ralph can be a pain, but-”

“I didn't want to see him, I didn't want to talk to him, and I didn't want it announced to all and sundry that I “did you” even after I divorced you.”
That's why she didn't want to go the Daily Planet! Because she didn't want to meet Ralph! (And Cat, I suppose.) And then she met him anyway and got herself locked in a closet! (Gaaahhh!!!! I would have died of fright in there. I'm a claustrophobiac.)

Then the final talk between Clark and Lois, why things went wrong between them, even though they love each other... it was sweet, and so true.

I love this! I hope we'll see you back soon with more.

Ann

#49675 02/14/08 08:02 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I loved this part so much! I have to admit, I wasn't too crazy on your story to begin with, but now that Lois and Clark are on the mend, I'm really enjoying it.

I love the dynamic between the two of them when Lois knows, yet their relationship is still up in the air. It makes for some interesting scenes.

#49676 02/14/08 11:59 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am so glad to see this back! I wondered what happened to it!
“You *are* mad at me.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Yes, you are.”

“No, I’m. . . well, actually I am starting to be. Just let it go, okay?”

“Lois. . .”

“I don’t want to run into anyone, okay!”

“Why not?”

“I just don’t.”
Why is Lois so ashamed of hers and Clarks relationship. I think it's wonderful that they made love again and must have been really enjoying themselves to create a life, the "task" that they had not earlier been able to unconsciously conquer. I believe that things always happen for a reason and God knew that he would need this trump card later in their lives.
“Clark?”

“I’m back.”

“Are you going to get me out of here?”

Clark sighed. “Yes, but apparently the guard is new and not yet entrusted with all the keys so the head of security has to be tracked down, and he’s not answering at home-”

“So it’s gonna be a while.”

“Sorry, yes.”

“It’s dark in here, Clark.”

“I’m right here, Lois.” Clark scooted down against the wall and stuck his fingers
under the door. Warm fingers grasped his instantly. “What exactly were you doing in the closet?”

“I was headed to your office when I spotted Ralph heading towards the men’s room. So I ducked in here so he wouldn’t see me.”

“I know Ralph can be a pain, but-”

“I didn’t want to see him, I didn’t want to talk to him, and I didn’t want it announced to all and sundry that I “did you” even after I divorced you.”

“Lois-”

“And don’t try to tell me that Ralph wouldn’t do that. We both know that he would.”

Clark chuckled. “Probably.”

“He would!”

“Lois, is it so bad? Are you really so upset about Pulitzer? Sometimes you seem really happy about it and then there are times, like now. . . I just don’t get it, Lois.”

“Oh, Clark.” He heard her give a deep sigh. “I *am* happy about the baby. It certainly wasn’t something I ever dreamed about, at least not in the last eight or so years, but I love him already. I worry all the time about him, I’m afraid I won’t be able to carry him long enough to give him a good chance at life. I’m afraid that I won’t be a good mother, that I’m just too old and out of the loop. I’m afraid people like Ralph will judge me and our child. And I. . . I’m. . . Clark, I don’t want to do this alone.”
Ahh, and now the truth comes out. Lois admits that she doesn't want to be alone in this. She should know that Clark would always be there for her. At first I thought that she really was embarrassed about "doing Clark" after they were divorced. In the broad scheme of things, they were still married, just not on paper. Clark has never stopped loving Lois.

I think Lois getting locked in the closet forced them to talk and forced Lois to realize how much she really needs Clark emotionally. And his touching her under the door showed how dependent Lois is on Clark's presence.
“You’re not alone, Lois.” Clark squeezed her fingers. “I’m here for you in any way you want me to be. And not just because of the baby, but because I love you and I’m the biggest fool in the world for letting you get away. What happened to us, Lois? Why?”

“Clark, don’t think for a minute that I regret being JC and Mariel’s mother. To even be a part of two such wonderful people’s lives is an honor. But I *do* wish I could have done both. Other women have a family and a career. I don’t understand why I was so incapable of doing so. I needed to get that story. I needed to prove to *myself* that I was the reporter that I always wanted to be.”

“And I didn’t listen.”

“Why, Clark? I always thought we had a pretty good relationship. Why didn’t we talk to each other?”

“I always felt bad that I wasn’t able to be there for you and the kids as much as I wanted to be. Yet any time I had to miss being Superman because I was with you I felt bad. I constantly struggled with what was more important. Spending time with my family or saving someone else’s family. Once JC and Mariel graduated I felt like I didn’t have a right to tune out those calls for help any more. Like maybe now I could make up for any calls I hadn’t answered in the past because I chose to spend time with them. But I forgot the most important person in my life. I took it for granted that you would understand.”

“I do understand that you have to help people, Clark. But I still miss you when you’re not there. And because of the reason, there wasn’t anyone else I could talk to. Mariel was just starting out in her own marriage and your mom doesn’t need to be worrying about us.”

“Why. . . why did you divorce me?”

“Oh, that was so stupid. I guess I figured that if we weren’t married then it wouldn’t hurt that you didn’t have time to talk to me. And we argued all the time anyway. I wish I hadn’t done it. And I never meant to go to Irrat by myself. It was supposed to be Lane and Kent together again, but it just-”

“And I got mad instead of listening to your explanation. But I was scared that you were getting farther and farther away from me.”

“We were a pair of fools. That’s what we were.”

“Lois, we don’t have to stay fools. If you will let me back into your life, it will be different. JC is ready to take on more of Superman’s responsibilities. He can especially handle all the PR stuff that he can schedule around his classes. And Mariel is happy as a stay at home mom so Pulitzer can stay with her anytime that you need to work.”

“I’m not even sure I want to go back to work. I’m not really sure what I want to do, but right now. . . I’m just so tired all the time.” Lois voice was wobbly with stress and tears.

“Ah, Lois. I wish there was something I could do.”

“You can’t. I know you would if you could.”

“So where do we go from here?”

“Out of this closet would be nice.” Clark could sense Lois mentally square her shoulders and push away from the moment of weakness. Lois might be willing to let him back into her life, but she wasn't going to throw the door wide open. No, Clark was going to have to work at opening the door slowly and carefully.
This is so Lois...redirect the intentions of this conversation. Clark is asking Lois if she'll have him back and she is afraid to say yes. He has already admitted that he should not have let her go and reinforced the fact that he will be available to her in whatever capacity that she wants him. But he doesn't want there to be any doubt in her mind that he loves her. That was such a sweet little dialogue.

Thank you for such a wonderful chapter to such a sweet little love story. Please don't abandon it.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#49677 02/14/08 04:22 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm glad to see another chapter to this story. I love how Clark has admitted he was wrong before and that he knows he will have to change to make things work for both of them and their unborn child.

I love that they're calling the baby Pulitzer. lol I'll be eagerly watching for the next installment.

BJ

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard