Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kermtzu Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
C_A, you have summed up the wonderful mass of contradictions that are Lois Lane in these few words,
“I always thought that I could’ve happily waited a lifetime for you,” she told him. This from a woman who refused to wait for anything.
Poor Clark's dilemma comes through so clearly here,
How would Superman react in this situation?
The poor guy is the only one who knows how Superman could and would react to situations, but this one has him staggered. There is no one on the planet that can help him here, and he's fully aware that his role can't help him here in the core of what is his real universe.

I like. Keep that muse on notice. I'm lucky right now that mine is up and running, and the words flow. We all know how that situation can change, and how jump starting it is so important.

Kevin

Two wrongs don't make a right. But three lefts do.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I agree with everything Kevin said. It's great to have you back, C_A. For me, who always wants Clark to come clean with Lois, I loved how much fear and pain it took him to tell her, and how he overcame his fears and hurts after all. Because of all the people he had ever met and who had ever meant anything to him, she was the one he couldn't lose just to protect his secret.

Beautiful.

Ann

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Oh, C_A, this is haunting. And Clark's reaction to Lois's surprise declaration is wrenching. The only part I'd like to see is Lois's full reaction. We only got to see the moment the light bulb went on. You didn't show her unscrewing the bulb and forcing Clark's fingers into the open aperture for a huge shock. You didn't show us Lois forcing Superman to eat that light bulb she was holding in her hand. And you didn't show us Lois storming into her bedroom to change clothes so she could throw Clark's sweatshirt back into his face.

Or, maybe you ended it at exactly the right time, because that way we all get to imagine what Lois does in the next ten minutes. May your muse stay around more! The two of you do really good work together.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Columnist
Columnist
This was a haunting look at Lois and Superman. I really liked how you handled the reveal.

Columnist
Columnist
Beautiful!!
Whatever he had expected to find when he came here, this verbal attack wasn’t it.
Poor Lois, she almost dies every week, and Superman is always there for her. But now that Clark needed his help he wasn't there.

The truth hit her like a ton of bricks. He saw it in her eyes, which first narrowed and then widened in surprise when the realization dawned on her.
I like how she slowly understands what Clark just said. So C_A try to keep your muse close to you, because this really was great!! wink

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I was in the middle of leaving feedback when my eight-year-old snuck in and messed with my laptop. I don't think I have the energy to redo all of that work, but I did want to tell you that I disagree with your take on this. I think it is VERY good.

Well done,

Elisabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
This was nicely written. I'm always interested in what Lois would have said/done if Clark had told her the truth during this episode.
“Don’t understand what? That you had more important things to do when my partner and best friend was shot dead tonight?” Her voice was dripping with acerbity.

“No!” he cried. “That I… that I have always loved you. Always. And that I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you. That I’m sorry I’ve been putting you through this when… when I really just need to tell you that -“ His voice cracked. “Clark’s not dead. I’m not dead.”

“What are you… I don’t…”

The truth hit her like a ton of bricks. He saw it in her eyes, which first narrowed and then widened in surprise when the realization dawned on her.
This was one of the best revelations.

Thank you for such a neat little story.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
C_A, if this is what your writing is like with a rusty muse, I can't wait to see what you produce when it's all warmed up.

This was a wonderful little story with very well rendered characters. The emotions both Clark and Lois are feeling come through very well and are believable. And the revelation was very nice - very believable given Clark's emotions at the time. I just wish we could have seen more of Lois' reaction.

On the other hand, that was a lovely place to end.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oh, man.... and here I thought this was going to be a cute little thing to make me smile. Yikes!

Of course, the second I realized it was a TOGOM vignette was the same second I was hooked and I couldn't tear my eyes off the screen.

That was just.. wow. Powerful and.. wow. Just, totally, totally, *wow*.

notworthy

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Thank you all for your very kind feedback blush . I really did think that the premise was rather unoriginal and boring (TOGOM? Again? And there's not even a twist at the end?), so I'm surprised you all enjoyed it so much.

I know I ended it in a somewhat cruel place but I figured we've seen Lois react to the revelation so often that it wasn't necessary to go on. It wasn't what I wanted to focus on, anyway. Rather, I wanted to explore a situation where the revelation does not happen because Clark deliberately decides to tell her, or because she accidentally discovers the truth, but is the result of a very emotional situation in which the truth just breaks free against their will, so to speak (hence the title). The same goes for Lois' declaration that she had been mistaken in thinking she loved Superman.

I think the readers can imagine the aftermath of these revelations without my help wink .

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I think you did all you set out to and more - I really felt the emotions of these two as I read your story, C_A.

c.

C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Carol, thank you so much for your comments smile . I'm glad you liked it.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard