Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
eek

Wow, Terry. That was unexpected. A delightful chapter all-in-all. I liked the changes you made to Dr. Platt's character, so I was sad to see him go. Dr. Baines was just as sinister, though. Glad she gave us a clue before she bit the big one.

Good thing she gave Lois superpowers before killed Dr. Platt. Otherwise, Nigel's bomb could have hurt her.

More soon,
BJ

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, this instalment had a lot packed into it. There is going to be some interesting developments coming.

We still have Lex acting like a love struck teenager with Lois and she's just as bad. I find it interesting that Lois has this budding romance going with Lex yet she still acts jealous whenever Clark flirts with a woman. Hmmmmm.

I imagine Clark was a little too busy handling the megawatts of electricity to be able to make a move to save Platt before Baines put a couple of slugs into him. After all he was busy giving Lois superpowers.

Looking forward to seeing the fallout from this instalment.

Tank (who wonders how super powers, like super hearing, will 'enhance' Lois' date with Luthor)

Columnist
Columnist
Very interesting Terry! Now Lois had superpowers! I think this will only bring her and Clark closer, but may be interesting to see how it affects her relationship with Lex.

And I'm also interested to see how Lois responds to her new powers. In Ultrawoman, she was so busy with trying to keep up with Clark's previous work that she didn't have a lot of time for doing Lois things, such as using her superpowers to snoop around and stuff. It will be interesting to see what she does with them, and how Clark will respond to her choices.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Everybody seems to agree that Lois has superpowers now! Okay, does she? Because I couldn't see anything about that in the text. Are we supposed to take it for granted that if Lois is close to Clark when there is a powerful electric discharge, she'll get superpowers? Okay, I accept that it probably happened here.

And poor Dr. Platt was killed, again.

Well, I had just been reading Dandello's "A World Without Superman" when I started reading this. In Dandello's fic, Luthor calls Lois at work to ask her for a date - to demand a date is more like it. We could all feel how sinister it was. And here in this fic, Luthor calls Lois at work and asks for a date and she is all warm and happy! I found the juxtaposition of these two Lois/Lex conversations quite disconcerting.

Anyway, this was certainly an interesting chapter!

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I certainly didn't see that ending coming!

Ann, the hint that Lois now has super powers was in the way "lightning" went through them while they were holding hands.

Elisabeth

Columnist
Columnist
Ann, I know you don't have a background with the show, but there's an epi in S2 when a man get struck by lightning with Superman and he gets Superman's powers. A scientist later reproduces that in a lab setting, and a similar thing happens in S3 with a little boy who was sitting by the plane wing when Superman was rescuing it during a storm.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow. What a surprise in the last few sentences. And of course, the "Lois now has superpowers" conclusion was set once the lightning bolt came into play.

And if Lex were the bad guy in this, he really is a complete wacko. How can he run around all lovey dovey and yet order Lois killed. Is he completely wacko? Since the answer to that would be no (probably), I can't wait to find out what's going on.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard