Print Thread
#49204 01/20/08 01:36 PM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I really like how you let us see Lois's frustration and fear of asking Clark if it was him that she had kissed last night. Because, well, it might have been Superman, the real Superman, instead. (Oh, Lois... :rolleyes: )

What you didn't write, but let us feel on our own, was how Clark was going through the same kind of doubts and fears. Could he refer to the kisses they had shared? What if she had kissed him just because she was drunk? What if she had forgotten it by now and would be furious if he reminded her of it? What if she even thought he had been taking advantage of her?

So neither of them dares to ask or to refer to what really happened. And yet both of them so much want to do it.

You had me giggling at the penultimate line of this part:

Clark leaned in to murmur, “If this guy is lying, I hope we can nail him with some hard evidence.”
Who is lying, Clark, but you? And as for nailing the lying guy with some hard evidence... my mind was really in the gutter for a moment there. Sorry. blush

Ann

#49205 01/20/08 02:49 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I hate to say that I don't remember this story being posted but I just went back and read part 1 and it s amazing. I'm loving it and hope that you will continue without too much delay.

Poor Lois--I hope she gets some answers soon and poor Clark doesn't have a clue if he should say something or not!

Nicely done!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#49206 01/20/08 03:38 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Somehow I missed part 1 as well. Thanks for linking it.

I really like this so far. The cat fight between Lois and Cat was well done. I am looking forward to more. I can't wait to see how Clark handles this.

#49207 01/20/08 04:57 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Poor Lois! How frustrating, trying to feel out the truth of what happened while navigating the minefields of
- embarrassment over her behavior
- blossoming feelings for Clark
- conflicted feelings towards Superman
And of course she's too stubborn to squash her pride and just ask. Then again, if she *does* have feelings for Clark, better not to have him think she's kissing other boys, hmm? And Clark! Trying to salvage their friendship by not mentioning that passionate kiss. He must be feeling such a mixture of emotions
- hurt that she's not mentioning it
- fear that it will mess up their friendship
- guilt that she may have been too drunk to remember the kiss
- fear that she may have seen too clearly the night before
After all, if she is convinced Superman kissed her, and it turns out it was Clark, then she may put 2 and 2 together...!

Anyway, can't wait for the next part!

#49208 01/20/08 05:44 PM
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Ok we know it's Clark either way ..... or do we?

Because damn it why hasn't the boy said anything yet? Why damn it? Why?

....OH!

Because she said something in the cab or before the cab to make him think that she thought he was Superman - she asked him to fly her home and he couldn't refuse!! So he's waiting to say something when he sees her as Superman!!!

Can't wait for the next bit!

The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
#49209 01/20/08 06:02 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh nice I just read both parts. Very cute so far. I am looking forward to more soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#49210 01/21/08 02:21 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Originally posted by TOC:
What you didn't write, but let us feel on our own, was how Clark was going through the same kind of doubts and fears. Could he refer to the kisses they had shared? What if she had kissed him just because she was drunk? What if she had forgotten it by now and would be furious if he reminded her of it? What if she even thought he had been taking advantage of her?
One of the wonderful things about using a limited POV is trying to show what the other person is feeling and thinking without making it clear to the POV character. In the case of Clark, the audience already would suspect what he is feeling, since we're aware that Lois has actually kissed BOTH of them...

You had me giggling at the penultimate line of this part:

Clark leaned in to murmur, “If this guy is lying, I hope we can nail him with some hard evidence.”
Who is lying, Clark, but you? And as for nailing the lying guy with some hard evidence... my mind was really in the gutter for a moment there. Sorry. blush

Ann
Don't be sorry. I may be tempted that direction... with the right encouragement... no promises though. laugh Thank you for reviewing!

Originally posted by Sheila:
I hate to say that I don't remember this story being posted but I just went back and read part 1 and it s amazing. I'm loving it and hope that you will continue without too much delay.

Poor Lois--I hope she gets some answers soon and poor Clark doesn't have a clue if he should say something or not!

Nicely done!

~Sheila
I was hoping I would be able to grab a couple of new readers this time around! Since it's been over two months since the last part, I figured a lot of people wouldn't remember/never saw it. Thank you for giving it a try!

It is a bit of a quandary here, isn't it? I love those. smile

Originally posted by cp33:
Somehow I missed part 1 as well. Thanks for linking it.

I really like this so far. The cat fight between Lois and Cat was well done. I am looking forward to more. I can't wait to see how Clark handles this.
You're welcome -- thanks for following the link! I missed Cat in later seasons, and this storyline just seemed to call for her character. I'm looking forward to how Clark deals with this, too!

Originally posted by Mercy:
Poor Lois! How frustrating, trying to feel out the truth of what happened while navigating the minefields of
- embarrassment over her behavior
- blossoming feelings for Clark
- conflicted feelings towards Superman
And of course she's too stubborn to squash her pride and just ask. Then again, if she *does* have feelings for Clark, better not to have him think she's kissing other boys, hmm? And Clark! Trying to salvage their friendship by not mentioning that passionate kiss. He must be feeling such a mixture of emotions
- hurt that she's not mentioning it
- fear that it will mess up their friendship
- guilt that she may have been too drunk to remember the kiss
- fear that she may have seen too clearly the night before
After all, if she is convinced Superman kissed her, and it turns out it was Clark, then she may put 2 and 2 together...!

Anyway, can't wait for the next part!
That's a really nice summary there! I may have to steal it for my own story notes! Unlike many of my stories (in other fandoms), this one's outline is still very much a WIP. Thanks for the review as well!

Originally posted by The Little Tornado:
Ok we know it's Clark either way ..... or do we?

Because damn it why hasn't the boy said anything yet? Why damn it? Why?

....OH!

Because she said something in the cab or before the cab to make him think that she thought he was Superman - she asked him to fly her home and he couldn't refuse!! So he's waiting to say something when he sees her as Superman!!!

Can't wait for the next bit!

The Little Tornado.
Clark's thinking here is purposely unclear, and it will likely remain that way until he tells her... I intend to keep this in Lois' POV. But I can tell you that he has many things to worry about here. Mostly stemming from not being sure whether A) Lois remembers at all and B) who Lois thinks she kissed. He's just as worried as she is about making a misstep, and has more experience at hiding his true feelings. laugh And see, I did continue this! *hugs*

Originally posted by Laurach:
Oh nice I just read both parts. Very cute so far. I am looking forward to more soon. Laura
Thanks for jumping aboard! I hope I can write another section, and in less than two months this time. blush

#49211 01/21/08 03:46 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Ah the reason why I don't like to post WIPs anymore and why I won't for anything longer than a 2-3 parter or so smile .

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed both parts of this and can't wait to see more!

So does she remember if Superman was wearing glasses or not? That might help wink .
Carol

#49212 01/21/08 08:25 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wee, Costumes!

That's just so Lois, dancing around the matter instead of grabbing the bull by his horn.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#49213 01/22/08 04:44 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Originally posted by carolm:
Ah the reason why I don't like to post WIPs anymore and why I won't for anything longer than a 2-3 parter or so smile .

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed both parts of this and can't wait to see more!

So does she remember if Superman was wearing glasses or not? That might help wink .
Carol
You know, I've done it both ways. And as much as I think sometimes that I should wait until it's done, I always get a charge from the feedback, and often the feedback sparks an idea that I'd not had before, causing a bit of a change of direction. So I always enjoy posting WIPs as I write more.

She doesn't remember the glasses, not at this point. But more memories will be coming back as time goes on. laugh Thanks for reading and commenting!

Originally posted by Darth_Michael:
Wee, Costumes!

That's just so Lois, dancing around the matter instead of grabbing the bull by his horn.

Michael
It is, at least for this version of Lois. I always think of S1 Lois as trying (and often failing) to keep a tough exterior, not letting anyone see her weaknesses. But of course, Superman/Clark gets right under it, and it causes her no end of trouble. smile She's about to get more active, though, I promise!

Thanks again! smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard