Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Fascinating, Terry. And I really liked it, for reasons I hadn't expected.

I have often complained that your Clark doesn't seem to love Lois. Because of that, it was an unexpected pleasure to see Lois with a man who seemed very honestly taken with her:

She smiled. “Wow. You look very Saturday Night Fever.”

He drew in a breath but didn't speak.

“Lex? Are you okay?”

He shook his head. “Yes – yes, I'm sorry, you just look – you're fabulous, Lois.”

She blushed slightly and ducked her head. “I'm not as dressed up now as I was for the White Orchid Ball.”

“No, but now you're dressed for an evening with me, and – wow.”
I found myself loving that, at least as long as I can believe that Lex Luthor isn't a truly bad guy in this fic.

You even managed to convince me that Asabi is on the up-and-up. Maybe he will even prove to be a worthy ally of Lois's, when Nigel tries to nab her.

(Or maybe not. Maybe he is Nigel's associate after all. Oh, well.)

My favorite part of this chapter, however, was where Rebecca expressed her contempt and dislike of Cary Grant's dishonest character and Audrey Hepburn's gullible one. Clark always feels so righteous when he's lying to his girlfriends about himself, and I honestly think he needs to have someone take him to task for that once in a while. It is almost a pity that he isn't lying to Lois in this fic, because then Rebecca's words might have given him something to think about regarding Lois. Now I guess Rebecca's lecture may just make him want to share his secret with her.

Ah, well. No doubt Nigel is going to kidnap Rebecca, or something. If he does, it isn't going to be a good thing if she knows that Clark is Superman.

And Cat told Nigel(?) that Lois has an interview coming up with Dr. Platt. Is that why Platt gets murdered in this fic? And poor Cat. She has to stop betraying her friends soon. Can't anyone help her? Lois? Clark?

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! razz razz

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ann commented:

My favorite part of this chapter, however, was where Rebecca expressed her contempt and dislike of Cary Grant's dishonest character and Audrey Hepburn's gullible one. Clark always feels so righteous when he's lying to his girlfriends about himself, and I honestly think he needs to have someone take him to task for that once in a while.
I agree that Clark needs to see what he's doing and understand exactly why he's doing it, and that just keeping "The Secret!" really isn't a good enough reason to keep the secret. That's like hoarding money just so you have money, not so you can use it for anything.

But I don't agree that Clark needs to tell every girl he dates that he's Superman. Pretty soon there wouldn't be any secret to keep! And since so many of the FOLCs who've left feedback don't completely trust Rebecca, why would Clark trust her that far? He doesn't know her that well yet.

And even if Lex isn't the diabolically evil genius he has been in almost every other Superman tale, and even if some of the gentle readers are beginning to lose their gag reflex over Lex and Lois being a couple, I might point out that this is not a Lois and Lex forum. And that's the only hint I'm dropping here.

Both Ann and Maria have seen that Cat is in trouble and want someone to help her. The only problem is that someone who's in trouble has to be willing to accept that help, and Cat's not there quite yet.

Next chapter coming soon! Stay in touch!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I might point out that this is not a Lois and Lex forum.
Good to know since I have such a strong gag reflex, and I don't seem to be getting over it.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard