Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48993 01/07/08 06:17 PM
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Angel!!!! You posted! Off to read and I'll be back! I have a lot to catch up on because I've been MIA, but...I'll be back!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#48994 01/07/08 06:50 PM
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay, I'm back! Girl that was even better than I remember! The ventilator scenes and Clark's attempt to talk, his extubation and the whole coughing thing afterwards...it was all written so beautifully. I have actually seen that exact scene many times. You done good!
Martha was opening her mouth to reply when Superman suddenly jumped up, a look of horror crossing over his features as he was apparently hearing something the rest of them couldn’t. “What the…? Lois!”
A low moan filled the room, and Martha watched with growing worry as her son thrashed around in the hospital bed. Clark’s dark eyes suddenly shot open, and Martha stared at him, shocked that he was awake.
Even in Clark's state of unconsciousness, he still has a bind with Lois and could feel that she was in trouble. That just shows how close their hearts really are.
“I guess it takes two Supermen in any universe to keep you safe, huh?” he teased. Lois looked into his eyes and realized that he was more than a little shaken himself. “I just hope that *my* Lois can manage on her own while I’m here.”
Aahh, very true.
“Lois…” that one word relayed so much, all the pain, despair, and confusion he was feeling. “Did you marry him?”
Poor Clark, regardless of his state he only has one thing...person...on his mind and that is Lois. And of course she doesn't want to burden him with the gory details of her forced marriage to Luthor.
Lois took in a breath, his question visibly upsetting her. “Clark, we can talk about all of that later. You should just concentrate on getting well.”

“Lois is right, Clark. Just get well. The rest will sort itself out soon enough.”

Clark shook his head vigorously. He regretted the motion an instant later when a sharp pain shot through his head. “No, tell me now. There are things that I can’t remember. What happened?”

Silence met his question, and Clark frowned. “I need to know. Just tell me.”

“I married Lex. I did it to protect you, Clark. But I broke free on our wedding night. I ran to you. I had found out where he was keeping you,” Lois paused as a fresh batch of tears escaped down her cheeks. “I knew that I had to get you out of that cage before…”
And Clark didn't stop until he got the few questions answered that he wanted answered. Lois figured how important it was to reassure Clark that she did not give herself to Luthor for his freedom, though she would have, solely for Clark's life. But she assures him that nothing happened.
Lois left the room, and Perry’s sharp gaze fell on Clark. “Okay, Son, What is it?”

“Was I that obvious?”

“Oh, I don’t think Lois noticed. She’d jump through fire for you, Clark.”

“She might as well have, for all that she went through.”

“Let’s not get into all of that now. I’m guessin’ that you have somethin’ you want to say. Well, time’s tickin’ away, Son.”

Clark smiled at his boss and began to tell him what he had in mind.
Okay, Clark isn't going to ever let Lois go again and I think that he is going to propose. And Perry, the observant editor that he is, picked up on the fact that Clark is up to something.

FInally all is going to be right. Superman will help Clark to take back his private life and Clark is going to live and he and Lois will be together?

Hurry and send the next part over Angel. I can't wait to read what happens next.

~Sheila party

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#48995 01/08/08 05:39 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hope part 16 doesn't take you too long. I have chocolate if that'll help.
Maybe your chocolate is special, because mine hasn't been working. Thanks for the fdk, gr8shades!
So apparently my chocolate wasn't special either. Might as well just keep it to myself then. goofy

Glad to see you've made it back eventually. May the madness continue... laugh (my memory is way too long.)

I think I'll go and read your story now. Lol.

...What? No madness?? Oh well, I suppose even LnC need a little down time between crises. That was almost bordering on Waffy! Nice to see you back SA. thumbsup

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#48996 01/08/08 06:43 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow that was wonderful. Great job! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#48997 01/11/08 09:28 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hello, everyone!

Thanks for the fdk, Sheila, gr8shades, and Laurach! I'm glad that someone is still reading, considering how long I disappeared on everyone. I can't say when the next part will be up, but I'll try not to disappear too long this time.

The fact that you're still reading, and even had time to leave fdk, means a lot to me.

smile Thanks again, everyone!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard