Print Thread
#48959 01/06/08 06:07 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Jessi - this was wonderful! I loved that Lois had Supes take her to Smallville and I loved Santa! Just fabulous!
Carol

#48960 01/06/08 06:20 PM
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Thank you so much Jessi! notworthy This story was so funny and sweet. Even though I don't celebrate Christmas, I have always loved the spirit of the Holiday and some waffy movies and stories made about it. I can totally picture this story as a small movie.

Aww, Clark as Santa flying Lois in a sleigh-what could be more magical and help heal past Christmas hurts of Lois' than that-amazing. I certainly agree with Carol how awesome it was that Lois said without missing a beat that she wanted to go to Smallville.

The end of course under stars, was ever so romantic and sweet.

Thank you again for both writing and posting this for me!

Mona

#48961 01/06/08 08:21 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Jessi, this is absolutely adorable! I am glad that your lovely beta gave you the courage to post it! wink

You did a great job of incorporating all of the requested elements, and I really love that of all the places that Lois could go, she had Superman take her to see Clark. Awwwww. laugh

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#48962 01/07/08 12:33 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Very sweet! I love how all the Kents together heal Lois and her spirit. The best part for me was the image of Clark by her side introducing her to friends and then when she saw him as Santa.

Funny how she knows its him in one disguise but not the other.

#48963 01/07/08 02:06 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
awwww, very cute story! I loved it when Lois said she wants to be in Smallville. clap

#48964 01/07/08 02:22 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Such a sweet story. Of all the places Lois could go, she choose Smallville. The best choice ofcourse wink

And I loved the kiss at the end!

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#48965 01/07/08 03:05 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ah, Jessi, Jessi, how I wish you would write more!

This is such a wonderful story - it's sweet, it's amusing, it makes you feel all good inside. *happy sigh* You really need to come up with more of these. I know you can!! Just, you know... sit down and write. *giggles*

Thanks for sharing this beautiful little tale with us. It certainly did wonders for my spirit. smile

sloppy

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#48966 01/07/08 05:16 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Beautiful fic, Jessi. Interestingly, an important part of this vignette is how Clark fools Lois with his dual identity. But instead of irritating me, you make me feel for Clark very much. He wants to be with Lois is his Superman persona, too, but he feels unable to:

A look she couldn't quite read came over his face before he shook his head. “I should get going.”

“Right. Of course. You probably have something more important to be doing,” she agreed quickly, hoping she didn't sound too disappointed.

He gave her an almost regretful smile, then passed the blankets into her arms. “I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Lois. You deserve it.”
On the other hand, he is absolutely delighted that Lois has come to spend Christmas withhim, Clark Kent:

Jonathan's welcome had been just as amiable as Martha's, and Clark had seemed thrilled to see her. In fact, up until a couple minutes ago, he hadn't left her side.
He was thrilled to see her... he had flown her out himself, though of course in his own eyes he wasn't himself when he was Superman, but it's not as if he could be surprised that Lois was in Smallville... and yet he was thrilled to see her. That's adorable.

Lovely fic, Jessi!

Ann

#48967 01/07/08 02:43 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOved it Jess. Just wonderful! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#48968 01/08/08 01:32 PM
N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
This was a wonderful little story! I was totally captivated from the very beginning. You had such sweet and charming banter between Lois and Clark and the whole story gave me warm fuzzies.

I hope to see more stories from you. thumbsup

"There are lots of people who can be clever with words, which is different from being right with them." Anne Enright
#48969 01/08/08 03:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very sweet story! It put a big smile on my face. smile Thank you for sharing this lovely Christmas fic. thumbsup

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#48970 01/08/08 10:02 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Very nice. I still can't get over (being quite happy about it for sure) that most fanfic is so wonderfully in character (unlike those books I read).

Speaking of which, *this* possibly is my favourite quote from the story:

Not only was Lois Lane surviving a holiday party, but she was enjoying herself. It was a true Christmas miracle if there ever was one.

#48971 01/08/08 10:06 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a treat! Lois, left all alone, gets the chance at an uninterupted night with Superman, and what does she choose to do? Go to Clark! I could just picture the warm atmosphere in the Kent household too. Perfect holiday fic.

#48972 01/09/08 11:35 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Aw, shucks. I really wasn't expecting such positive feedback for this thing. blush

Carol, not only do you write me tons of stories, but you start a FDK thread for me, too. Thank you!
goofy

Lara! Hey, I finished this story in less that ONE MONTH! You should be proud! laugh I do hope to be writing more. You make it all possible! I don't think this one would ever have been posted if it wasn't for your encouragement. goofy . I had actually done a lot of thinking about Clark fooling her with his identity in this one. As a matter of fact, I had originally intended to write in a revelation, but there just didn't seem to be room in this quick little fic. Those revelations can be quite messy sometimes. It means a lot to me that you enjoyed my work, though. Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback, Laura!

nepenthe - Wow, your first post was FDK for this? Thank you for the great comments, it's things like those that keep me wanting to write!

Andreia, glad I made you smile! laugh

Hi Clarkie! Those books are pretty bad, aren't they? You'll definitely find a lot of better reading on these boards (and I'm happy you think mine fits in that category)!

Mercy, thanks for the FDK! If I could go anywhere in the world it would be to Clark, too. wink

Thank you again to everyone, you really know how to inflate a girl's ego!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard