Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm very bad about leaving feedback at the moment, even though I hang around here like a... hooker on a street corner. (Can someone come up with a better similie for me, please?)

Just had to let you know that I'm still reading and enjoying your fic. smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Columnist
Columnist
I hate it when my characters won't stop talking. Don't they realize I'm trying to write a story?

That was some fast thinking of Perry's, wasn't it? But I guess if a man in his position wasn't a fast thinker, he wouldn't be a man in his position, huh?

I enjoyed this part very much, and I'm looking forward to more!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I liked the way this part filled in the holes by telling us more about what Perry had done. I liked hwo he had driven so awfully fast to get to Clark, and I liked how he always knew that Clark was Superman. I liked how he assumed that Lois had always known, too. Maybe he should have wondered a bit more why Lois was so lost and heartbroken for so many years, if she knew that Clark and Superman were the same person. Perhaps he should have tried to comfort her before by reassuring her that since Clark wasn't really dead, there might be a way to bring him back.

I liked Jonathan and Martha's reaction, and Lois's quick thinking with the wet vac. Smart thing to make the contraption look broken, too.

It was fun to see "Clark the clerk" being used in the text, Anonpip. And twice, too. smile

Ann

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks so much for the feedback. As always, strokes to my ego are much appreciated. smile

gr8shadesofElvis-

No worries about leaving feedback. I'm a pretty bad lurker myself. Thank you so much for letting me know you're reading, though. I'm pretty cynical and was sure there were only two or three people still reading, so it's good to know there are others out there, even if they're being quiet.

Beth-

That was some fast thinking of Perry's, wasn't it?
I have to admit it was fun having someone else besides Lois have the great idea. I feel like that is completely her domain and yet clearly Perry didn't get to be where he was without his fair share of brilliant ideas as well.

Ann-

I liked the way this part filled in the holes by telling us more about what Perry had done.
That's good to hear. I have to say my problem with this part (and the subsequent ones) is that I find writing Perry to be difficult. I can't seem to "get inside" his character the way I can Lois and Clark and so it's hard to write him in a believable way. I'm hoping given how long it's been, anything that's out of character can be explained away by the fact that people change over time. So, I decided to ignore my issues with writing Perry as it's interesting to see people besides Lois interacting with Clark. (More of this in the next chapter, too.)

Smart thing to make the contraption look broken, too.
Coming off my comment to Beth about Lois being the queen of brilliant ideas, I kept finding holes in the story - things that Lois would have thought of right away that I missed and I'd have to go back and fix them.

My schedule the next few days is not so writing friendly - I won't be home until 10-11 each night which is quite late for me on a work night, but I'm heading out of town next week. Even though I always plan to write when I'm traveling, I often am not very good about it as my working hours are sort of ridiculous and I find myself sleeping whenever I have a free moment. So, I'm definitely aiming for posting the next part before I leave. Luckily, the next chapter is well underway, although my characters are still talking too much. But I hope to get some plot in with the schmoozing.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard