Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Squeeeeee! Wendy's back! dance And not only is she back, but she actually gave me a partial dedication. A girl could die happy, couldn't she?

Especially when it's such a waff-erific story with everything you'd want on Christmas Eve - drunken Lois (a personal fave of mine), a Clark who will do anything (and risk everything) for Lois, and a revelation.

I hope this is the beginning of a Wendy revival. grovel

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Dedicated to Coolgirl...
Aaaawwwww... That's so sweet of you, Wendy! I'm ready to go through all that Poll Fun *disaster* again if only I can extract some more stories from you!
Lois Lane, the Scrooge of the Daily Planet
“Lois.” Oh, damnit, he’s laughing at her again. “Lois, how much have you had to drink?”
“Are skunks drunk?” she questions, even as she’s seeking out his lips yet again.
“No, Superman’s hiding under the sofa-cushions,” she retorts.
I know these lines contain humor, and should make me only laugh but I can also feel Lois' vulnerability. How do you do that - bring out the underlying subtle emotions and project it in just a single line?!?!?! sloppy

That was a really wonderful Christmas read!

Now how about a NewYear read, a Valentine read, and one for Easter? We're not gonna demand much, but please do justice to LnC in between your other Fandoms!!! We're starving ( or at least, I am) for *your-kind-of-stories*!

I hope this is the beginning of a Wendy revival.
Me too, Sue! Me too!! jump

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
It's so not fair that I see that you've posted a fic just moments before the boards go down. frown

This should have been named Imbibing Christmas Spirit. What a quirky little Christmas revelation. I like it! I like their honesty with each other and the simplicity was beautiful.

So glad you shared this with us, Wendy. Merry Christmas.

Elisabeth

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Welcome back, Wendy and may you stay back, lol. smile I loved how Clark revealed his secret via "choices" to Lois. Very fun and creative!

Mona

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
This story is a warm blanket on a cold night, Wendy. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. jump

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wendy's back! Wonderful. What a Christmas present!

To me, there were two things that absolutely stood out in this fic. First it is how Lois, in her drunken state, "divides herself in two", so that she becomes one person who is "reasonable" and one who has sunk to a more primal level and is effectively out of control. And then reasonable Lois is watching primal Lois act, and she is disbelieving herself. The telephone conversation was absolutely priceless!

She lifts the receiver, and then hesitates. Who? Her mom didn't leave a phone number. Her dad - well, he never did appreciate being disturbed. Which only leaves Lucy. She doesn't know where Lucy's staying in California - but, wait. She gave Lucy a cellphone for Christmas, after all, for this exact reason. Her sister's never been great at staying in touch.

But, instead of Lucy's cellphone number, her fingers tap out a different sequence.

“Information. Can I help you?”

What? Did she do that?
Wonderful. And it goes on:

She looks at the phone as if it's some kind of alien object that's just materialised in her hand. Put it down. Hang up. All she has to do is hang up and it'll be fine.

Instead, a voice - her voice? it can't be - says, “I'd like a number in Smallville, Kansas, please. Jonathan and Martha Kent.”
Oh wow!

What is she doing? It's not as if she wants to speak to him, after all. What's she calling Smallville for?

“I have the number here, ma'am. Would you like me to put you through?”

No. Absolutely not. No way on Earth. “Yes, please.”
Love it!

Christmas at the Kent farm. She can visualise it now: snow on the ground outside, logs crackling on the fire, a huge tree in the corner of the living-room, mistletoe hanging over the fireplace and the scent of fresh pine everywhere. No need for scented candles in the farmhouse.

And delicious smells coming from the kitchen - pies, cookies and all the traditional Christmas meats and vegetables, cooked to perfection by Martha. If there's such a thing as a perfect family Christmas, that's where it'd be.
This made me teary-eyed. Poor Lois!

“But you didn't call to talk to me, Lois!” Martha exclaims. “Here's Clark now!”

Clark. No. She didn't call to talk to him. Really, she didn't. “Hi, Clark.”
mecry But because she said that Superman was hiding under the sofa-cushions... that made it inevitable that Superman would come to her apartment just about now, didn't it? laugh

“Lois.” He's firmer this time. “Lois, listen to me. I'm gonna hang up now. But I'll be right back. You hear? I'll talk to you again in just a minute. Don't go anywhere.”
He's coming!!! Right now!!! rotflol

He shakes his head, and she can tell he's almost shaking with laughter. So not fair. “Lois, how much have you had to drink?”

She shrugs. “Not much.”

“Too much.” He sighs. “I wonder how much of this you'll even remember tomorrow.”
Let's hope she won't forget!!!

“Lois, concentrate. Here or Smallville?”

He really wants her to answer? That involves making a decision. That's so not fair. “Um... Smallville,” she manages at last, probably because it's the only way she's going to find out just how it is they don't need a plane.

“Good. That's what I hoped you'd say.” He bends and kisses her once more, then, in a flourish, he removes his glasses.

His face swims before her. Her jaw drops. Two faces meet her gaze. They blur and shimmer and resolve into one. And, oddly, it feels as if she knew all along. Now, anyway. Tomorrow, when she's sober, she might feel differently.

But now... well, the answer's simple.

Clark's Superman, and that's so not fair, but he's her Clark, her Superman, and he's going to take her home for Christmas. That's fair. Oh, so much better than fair.
Aaaawwww!!!!

“Clark,” she whispers as, now that he's dressed in the Spandex and he's scooped her into his arms.

“Yes?”

“Am I a Scrooge?”

He chuckles, and the rumble of his laughter sends shivers through her body. “Only if I'm your Spirit of Christmas - past, present and future.”

“Works for me.”
Aaaawwww!!!!

Wonderful, Wendy. Thank you for this lovely piece of Christmas cheer!

Ann

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Wooooooooooow, Ann! What a lovely long FDK - *9 Pagedowns on my screen*! laugh

I think you included the whole story, smile but Wendy's stories are like that - you start quoting... you absolutely *have* to quote the whole thing!

I'd have done the same, only it didn't strike me! wallbash

CG
------------

Columnist
Columnist
I love it that's she's trying to stay strong and telling herself that she doesn't mind being alone on Christmas.

Bah, humbug,” she mutters
Our little female Scrooge goofy ( I always love watching all these christmas movies!!)

“No! No, of course I didn’t. I said... I said, am I smooth. Smooth! Smooth
rotflol Love this!!!!!

He grins. “Lois, I’m fast, but I’m not that fast.”
Good answer wink

His brown eyes that are turning her into that puddle right this second...
And this... it's so aaawwwww.

“Am I a Scrooge?”

He chuckles, and the rumble of his laughter sends shivers through her body. “Only if I’m your Spirit of Christmas - past, present and future.”

“Works for me.”
Super ending!! smile This was really a great christmas story!!

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Kerth
Kerth
Wendy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a Christmas present!!! notworthy

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
A cute Christmas vignette by a very promising newcomer. Hope to see more from this writer in the coming new year.

Tank (who wishes Wendy and John the Happiest of Holidays and all the best for the New Year)

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
A cute Christmas vignette by a very promising newcomer. Hope to see more from this writer in the coming new year.
HA HA HA! Tank! I've never laughed so much in my entire life! rotflol rotflol rotflol

CG
------------

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wendy I love Christmas stories. Adore them. I'll read them year round.

I think that is why I constantly find myself in your stories on the archive sifting through them and reading all the Christmas themed ones (of course then eventually I find myself reading the others as I think to myself, "Oh but this one was so good I can't skip it!")

This is such a beautiful addition to those stories and I look forward to reading it over and over evertime I go to the archive. So cute and so funny and so sexy. Loved it. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy, that was wonderful! The revelation scene makes perfect sense, and I kinda wish the show had taken this path. If you wanted to, you could write about Lois waking up in Smallville and trying to remember how she got there and how mad she's supposed to be when she figures it out again. I'm pretty sure a few FOLCs would read it.

You've put a misty smile on my face this Christmas Eve and you've rekindled my faith in the perseverance of romantic love through all trials. Thank you so much.

And I, like Tank (and many others), hope that we read lots more from you in the near future. Merry Christmas!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww! That was just so cute! smile

Makes me wonder if I admit to hating Christmas, would Superman show up at my door, too? (ok, ok, I suppose I could settle for Batman... *giggles*)

Great story, Wendy! Thanks for sharing with us!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Warm, fuzzy and all wrapped up. Perfect for Christmas.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw, what a wonderful Christmas story! Thanks for making tonight a little fuzzier, Wendy. smile

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
I am so happy to see a new story by you Wendy! What a treat.

Drunk Lois is always a treat add in your version of Clark and a revelation and it is just about perfect!

Please give us another one soon.

hyper

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay what a great Christmas present! what an adorable little fic. Loved it. Thanks and merry Christmas. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy! What a wonderfully waffy Christmas story! You certainly haven't lost your touch. smile Thanks so much for taking a break from the Dr. and sharing it with us.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard