Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I recently said that I'm not too interested in episode rewrites, but asteroid stories and nonpowered/amnesiac Clark are fascinating!

That Luthor ark thing is scary, and Lois is certainly right to be wary. So why doesn't she take Clark more seriously when he says this:

“And him threatening me?” Clark asked.

“That doesn't sound like Lex,” Lois said. “He's always so well controlled, but it's possible you got his back up on something. Like I said, I know you don't like him. Maybe it's mutual.”

“I wish I knew what it was,” Clark told them. “He's a dangerous man to have mad at me, especially when I don't know why.”

“We'll figure it out, Clark,” Lois promised.
Lois doesn't sound all that concerned. She should have been more worried, especially since she didn't like Lex's behaviour during the Nightfall crisis. So maybe it would have been out of character for Lex to threaten Clark overtly, but that doesn't mean that Lex's threat could not have been more subtle, and that it may have been very real.

It's interesting that Martha and Jonathan didn't tell Clark that he used to be Superman. I suppose they didn't tell him in the episode, either.

This is something I very much like:

“Good night Lois, and thank you.”

“For what?”

“For whatever it is you've done for me that makes me feel as good about you as I do.”

“Clark, whether or not your memory comes back, I just want you to know, I think you're terrific, too.”

“You do?”

She smiled at him. “I'll see you in the morning,” she promised, making her escape before things went too far. Spending the evening with him had almost made her forget that Superman was missing and probably dead.
Adorable.

Well, this is certainly a fascinating situation! I hope to see more soon.

Ann

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
There's something about this story that really grabs and holds and holds my attention. I can't wait to read the next part.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
“Why are you looking at me like that?” she wondered aloud.

“I was just wondering how we met.”
I’d better get home,” she told him. “I’ll pick you up in the morning for work.”

He nodded and walked her to the door. “Good night Lois, and thank you.”

“For what?”

“For whatever it is you've done for me that makes me feel as good about you as I do.”
The amnesia seems to bring out Clark's sweet innocence, one of his best qualities.

‘Miss Lane, Lois, this is Lex Luthor,’ the machine said. ‘I just wanted to let you know that my people are doing everything in their power to locate Superman. I’m sure you agree that his loss will be a serious blow to the city, and the world… And I would be honored if you would join me at dinner tomorrow so I could share my plans for helping Metropolis deal with this tragedy. As they say, ‘Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.’’
And you also bring out Luthor's debonaire yuckines.

“I’ll have Jimmy get copies for you,” Perry promised. “In the meantime, I’ve got an appointment for you with Doctor Maxwell Deter over at the Neuroscience Center. He’s one of the foremost experts in memory loss.”
To add to our collection of yucky men.

“I’ve met Luthor, right?” Clark asked. “About my height, slender, reddish-brown curly hair, hooded eyes, arrogant.”
It's funny, but that's not how I remember him looking. I have very few visual memories though (never ask me to describe my husband, mother, father, children--it's just too hard), so I could be wrong. I just thought his hair was straight and brown and his eyes were fine.

“I don’t know if it’s a memory or not,” he admitted. “But he kept showing up in my dreams last night. Nightmares, really. He was wearing a tuxedo and pointing a Macedonian sword at my heart saying it belonged to Alexander the Great… then he was screaming at me like he’d lost his mind, screaming ‘you are a dead man’.” He swallowed hard.
Yup. Lois should have picked up on this one.

E

Top Banana
Top Banana
I know there were some shots of Luthor with curly hair (probably a wig), but you guys are right, the first season has him with dark brown hair.

And I love comments - they point out what the next section needs to elaborate on. - Would Deter care about Lois if she wasn't Luthor's 'ex', why was Lois not picking up on Clark's worries about Luthor (and was the threat Clark remembers a real event?)

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
This story is so wonderful. Unlike TOC, I really enjoy episode re-writes, so that is a plus for me. And this one is particularly well done.

Lois seems perfectly in character - the Lois from this episode was a bit softer than the rest of the first season, I thought, and you've reflected her quite well here.

I also love how Lex gets angry at her for not calling him back - that is so Lex!

I can't wait to see how Deter reacts to Lois when he doesn't have as much easy access to play with her mind, although the idea of him having access to Clark's memories and potentially getting even a hint of the fact that Clark is Superman gives me the chills.

Columnist
Columnist
Well done! Luthor and Deter in the same story, poor Clark.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ah! Deter?! Noooo!

Wow, I really want to see where this goes. Without Nightfall hanging over Clark's head as a deadline to get his memory back, so many more interesting possiblities can be explored. I never thought of how Deter would treat (manipulate?) Clark. And Clark's right--Lex is dangerous. We need Superman! Maybe seeing his own face stare back from a front page picture of Superman would do the trick? Actually, I'm still hoping Lois figures it out before Clark. Ooo--all this speculating is fun. smile1 Keep up the great work!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A quick call to a friend of a friend brought a surveillance expert to her apartment. He scanned the rooms electronically and visually, finding several listening devices as well as miniature cameras that had been situated so that there was no place in her apartment that was not under observation – including the bathroom.
Yeah, that's our Lex. Oh, please, squish him. Fry him. Lock him and Deter up into a single cell.

It's just great that your Lois realizes all the dirty stuff so early.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard