Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48630 12/19/07 10:07 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Nine's my lucky number, so I'm gonna be brave and read this...

... What? No weirdness?! The 'hokey' psychic connection has been broken! And I don't know if I'm pleased or disappointed. goofy

This is wonderful, Beth. I've enjoyed all of your installments but I have to say that I prefer the romantic, emotional ones. (Sap! blush ) I love that they're getting closer to knowing the truth about one another and revealing bits of info about their personal lives.

And she gets to meet the family! Yay, I've been waiting for that. Jon and Ellie together are so much fun - like best friends, not just siblings. You wrote that beautifully. clap

And the 'I love you's'? Aaaw.

(And the blindfold! Lol. Poor Clark! But to be fair, how else is a man supposed to brighten up his outfit other than with a colourful tie?)

Moremoremore! notworthy

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#48631 12/19/07 10:41 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
We're coming up on a very intense part here. When Kaylie tells Jor that she has her own secret identity, some fur is going to fly, especially when he learns that she puts herself in serious danger on a regular basis. He won't understand at first, and I only hope that he can accept that even though he loves her, he can't protect her 24/7/365. No one can. Maybe that's when Jor's parents will get involved.

Ellie is such a lovably dorky little sister. It reminds me of my relationship to my baby sister. When she was about two, I'd take her for walks along our street, and because my hands were so much larger than hers, she'd hold onto my index finger. Of all the good memories I have with her, that one stands out. So I'm glad that Jor and Ellie have that easy loving banter going, where they can insult each other and both understand that neither one means any harm by it. It's when they don't call each other names that they'll really be mad.

Let's not have such a long gap between this part and the next one, hmm? I need my "Honesty" fix! Honest!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#48632 12/19/07 11:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay nice chapter I loved the brother sister relationship and that they said I love you. Can't wait until her revelation. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#48633 12/20/07 02:51 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I.love.that.Kaylie. Period.
I can't wait to have her fess up.

Loved this part. Loved the I-love-you's. Loved Ellie (she did inherit that babble gene, didn't she?). Loved Kaylie's realization that she wanted to tell Jor her secret.

I don't know how he'll react to that. But I bet you'll show us with your wonderful writing, right? And soon? Please?

~Sira.

#48634 12/20/07 11:30 AM
Columnist
Columnist
gr8shades, I have to admit I was a little nervous posting this chapter. Although there are no *new* names as such, there are still plenty of names and I was worried that you would have some deep rooted problem with the term "freezer breath" or something. But I guess this isn't the case and you were able to enjoy reading the chapter.
And she gets to meet the family! Yay, I've been waiting for that. Jon and Ellie together are so much fun - like best friends, not just siblings. You wrote that beautifully.
Aw, thanks! I had a lot of fun writing it too. I've been waiting for the chance to write present-day Ellie into the story for a long time. She's a lot of fun!

And I agree, poor Clark. I think men do get the short of the stick sometimes when it comes to wardrobe. Women can wear all these bright colors and men are only allowed the occasional tie, and even then it has to be 'tasteful'.

Terry, that was such a sweet story about you and your sister! Thank you for sharing that.
So I'm glad that Jor and Ellie have that easy loving banter going, where they can insult each other and both understand that neither one means any harm by it. It's when they don't call each other names that they'll really be mad.
Hah! So true!

Laura, thanks for your comments! The chapter I'm working on right now is her revelation... and it's coming along good (that's all I'll say about it for now)

Sira:

Loved Ellie (she did inherit that babble gene, didn't she?)
I kinda see Ellie as very similar to Lois, but without the bad experiences with men to make her cynical and guarded. Of course Ellie has her own character quirks (I never saw Lois as "bubbly") but there are a few definite similarities.

Loved Kaylie's realization that she wanted to tell Jor her secret.

I don't know how he'll react to that. But I bet you'll show us with your wonderful writing, right?
Well, I hope it will be wonderful! We'll have to see what I can pull together with the help of my BR.

Thanks again for all your comments guys. I know my posts have been a little sporadic lately. I've just finished up finals, and my BR has been busy lately with RL stuff, but I'm hoping to get some solid writing done during Christman break, which will help if I get bogged down again.

#48635 12/21/07 11:56 AM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
My apologies, everyone, for Beth's sporadic posts. It's me that's holding her up. She's been busily writing wonderful stuff (as I'm sure no one here is surprised to hear) but I have been cursed with first a broken computer and then a bout of craziness at work.

Beth - as you know, I love this chapter! The interaction with Ellie is wonderful (I really, really like her - she seems like the comic relief or something) and I love the intimacy and trust that comes from Jon taking her to his apartment even when he's not ready to share his real life with her yet. He shows no signs of repeating his father's mistakes.

I can't wait to see this unfold further.

#48636 12/24/07 09:01 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Beth
Great chapter. Just got around to reading it, looking forward to part 10.
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard