Print Thread
#48594 12/16/07 04:30 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This is a promising and very interesting start, Dandello. I take it that Superman will not be coming back - actually I think it would almost be cheating if he does! This story should deal with Clark realizing that he used to be Superman, but he is no more. And then he should have to learn how to be a successful reporter without his superpowers (could be tricky, that). And then, of course, he should work up enough courage to tell Lois who he is - or used to be. How will she react? Really and truly, she must be happy that the man who used to be Superman is still alive! And if she doesn't love Clark already, she should love him now. Imagine, giving up his powers and risking his life to save all of humanity.

By the way, how the heck did Clark survive the plunge through the Earth's atmosphere after he had had a close encounter with a humongous Kryptonite-laden asteroid?

Looking forward to more of this!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, since the original challenge was from a comics story-line... How Clark survived is one of the mysteries to be handled - eventually.

As to learning how to be a reporter - one of the consistencies in the comics was always been than Clark was a very good writer and interviewer even without his powers - in fact he's usually a better reporter because he's more reliable. dance

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Wonderful. I always like to see unpowered Clark. I hope you take a long long long time before he gets his powers and memory back. I'd like to see you play out the rest of first season. If you follow the series timeline "Pheromone, My Lovely" has already happen so that won't mess them up.

Can't wait till he has to deal with Luthor. Unpowered Clark working to take down Lex Luthor.

I hope that since he is unpowered at this point that his parents decide not to tell him about Superman just yet.

Framework4
Columnist
Columnist
I am very interested in where you are taking this story. I look forward to your next update.

Wonderful job!

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
You do a marvelous job of depicting Clark's vulnerability. He seems lost and insecure. He doesn't want to bother anyone, despite how much he needs them.

Metropolis' grief also shines through. Their parties are subdued, like a wake. The entire city has survivor's guilt.

You picked an excellent story to write, since you are writing to your strengths.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
double post, and by some stroke of talent, this one was missing half my comments

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Clark needs to be surrounded by familiar people, and do familiar things. It will come back to him in time. Be patient with him,” McCorkle told her.

Henderson chuckled. “That’s asking a lot, Doc.”
rotflol

“I don’t know…” he admitted, pulling his burnt hand out of the running water and inspecting the damage.

Lois could see the blisters already forming.

“I guess I forgot the handle was hot…”
Hmmmm sketchy!

Well I'm just a sucker for an asteroid rewrite, so you've got my attention while I'm on vacation! Looking forward to seeing where this goes!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm lovin' this re-write already! As soon as I read the asteroid was laced with kryptonite, I knew this would get good. How will Clark regain his memory? Will Lois figure out where Superman has gone before Clark does? I can't wait for part 2!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“I guess I forgot the handle was hot…”
Hm, he remembers all the other stuff about his daily business. But not that hot metal will cause damage to the skin? Now why is that? Why, oh why is that?

Michael, who is glad there is already a part 2 waiting.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard