Print Thread
#48575 12/11/07 05:34 PM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
He had thought that the pain from the Kryptonite was bad.

However, lying in that alley, surrounded by a blanket of white, he found a new level of badness that seeped in through the despairingly thin blue spandex, invading every cell in his body. A strong ache settled deeply into his bones as his entire body shook almost uncontrollably. His hands became numb, slipping on the ground beneath him as he tried to stand. And his feet, man did his feet hurt!
Hah! I knew it! I knew cold was bad. I hate when it gets cold, which it does quite often in Scandinavia in the winter. Right! Kryptonite's got nothing on the sheer deadening numbness of cold!!!

For Clark, there is only one cure for the pain of coldness - the warmth of Lois Lane! goofy

The combination of hot chocolate, a hot roaring fire, and the very hot body of his wife snuggled against him dissolved any lingering bits of cold. With a contented sigh, he snuggled back into the cushions as he realized that once again, she was right. While he would not want to do it every day, freezing his butt off was worth the thick blanket of warmth he found himself in.
Aawww... *snuggles into warmth of story*

But hey, what's this?

AN: As I said, this came to me this morning. I had forgotten my jacket, and as luck would have it, it felt as though the wind gods themselves had a vendetta out for me! When I got back to my room, I checked the temperature for Fort Huachuca online. THIRTY SEVEN DEGREES!!! (er... Fahrenheit, not Celsius...) Okay, sure, other places have seen icky things like snow, but *whine* this is supposed to be the deseeeeert!
You had thirty seven degrees? Fahrenheit? Excuse me, but that isn't even below freezing, is it? Is that cold? Is it? :p :p :p

Ann

#48576 12/12/07 09:13 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
A very nice little fic, Cat! See, something good came out of standing in the cold! goofy

May I suggest that you mark your story with the blue arrow? It will be more noticeable that way.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#48577 12/12/07 12:36 PM
Columnist
Columnist
This was super cute! Perfect timing too, as the northern hemisphere buckles down for winter. We just got let off of a cold snap recently, so I feel for Clark. Thanks for sharing, I really loved it!

#48578 12/12/07 12:40 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwww smile1 Poor Clark - Superman with incipient frostbite. thumbsup

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#48579 12/12/07 12:53 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Ooh, i thought there was going to be a twist. I was thinking in the beginning that clark was actually completely knocked out and wimpering, from lois's cooking.

Thanks for a very cute story. Clark is a real baby without his powers. mecry

Lois: Clark, you don't have to be embarrassed. That's what friends are for. Just tell me how much.
Clark: Lois, I want you to go out with me!
#48580 12/12/07 12:59 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
oops i accidentally posted twice blush

Lois: Clark, you don't have to be embarrassed. That's what friends are for. Just tell me how much.
Clark: Lois, I want you to go out with me!
#48581 12/16/07 12:57 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Thirty seven is very cold, if it is done without a jacket and without a thick layer of fat on the body (not that I'm making assumptions about anyone except the presumably physically fit poster who was waiting outside in the desert).

Nice ending. I spent the longest time what made the special recipe so special. Was it spiced? Was it alcoholic? Did it come from an extra-special kind of chocolate? I love fanfic that leaves you wanting more.

E

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard