Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48443 12/03/07 04:26 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
He's busted and now she's going to behave herself and not persue the issue? Wow, Kaylie, I admire your forebearance!

And she got it in a split second. Very impressive, although I'd like to think that if confronted with an out-of-uniform superhero I'd know it straight away. I mean, who wouldn't?

Oh, yeah, Lois! :rolleyes:

(PS. Beth, another name I don't like! laugh Thea! Urgh. Well, ok, not the name so much as the association. Ex colleague, real b!tch! Nuff said.)

Bring on part 8. thumbsup

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#48444 12/03/07 04:45 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
The door opened abruptly, catching him off guard. Although she must have just gotten home from work she had already changed into sweats and pulled her long brown hair back in a ponytail. Amanda had always joked that the reason she had gotten a Theatre degree was so that she could wear stretch pants to work and not look out of place. As The Daily Planet’s Drama critic she did have to prescribe to the employee dress code, but that didn’t stop her from changing the minute she got home.
So, Amanda works at the Planet. Does Jon work there as well? Or do they know each other because of mommy and daddy?

“No spandex,” I replied, “but I did get coffee spilled all over my favorite blazer today. This complete idiot bumped into me on the street and knocked my coffee cup right out of my hand.” Jor stiffened, and I could see a red blush crawling up his neck. Oh, he was so busted.
“This complete idiot”... I was laughing hard when I read that, she is so funny.

“R-really?” he asked nervously, keeping his head and neck suspiciously rigid.

“Yeah, but it wasn’t all that bad. The guy was really cute,” I drawled. “I might try looking him up and asking him out on a date sometime. That is, if things don’t work out between us.” Jor whirled around and gave me such a deer-in-the-headlights look that I couldn’t hold out any longer. I grabbed a nearby throw pillow and chucked it at his head. “You brat!” I exclaimed. “It was you! You were following me!”
rotflol

I could find him with this picture. The face recognition software I had access to through my contacts would come up with maybe a dozen matches and based on what little trivia I knew I could find out who he was. But I wouldn’t. I had promised him I would wait. Walking over to my fireplace, I picked up the lighter and flicked it on; flames spurted up onto the paper and devoured his face. I tossed the picture into the hearth and watched it evaporate into ash. I would wait.
I knew she would, that’s why I like her!

#48445 12/03/07 10:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So the thing with Amanda is explored a little... I think I was right, earlier. Obviously it didn't turn out well.

Loved the description of him bumping into her, and then how she teased him about it. smile

Interesting that she promises not to investigate him. Of course, that would tend to make him not want to investigate her, either, to return the favor. So to speak. So in a sense she's protecting herself. But that's good. They should postpone the inevitable "you've been lying to me" fight until they've practiced on some smaller fights first. You know, for practice. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#48446 12/03/07 11:16 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nice 1. So Jon told Kaylie that his mother knew Superman and her father for two years before figuring it out. Considering that the Superheros don't socialize, this should be an obvious clue, especially for someone who is looking for role models to present. But than, on the other hand, she really doesn't want to know. And they say, boys go for girls who are like their mother. But then perhaps, being a member of the DOTJOD-Anonymous is enough to satisfy any mother issues in the boyfriend. Kaylie was right of course to burn the drawing. It's much more fun to dig her boyfriend up herself, than let the computer do it.

Oh boy, having the superpowered half of the relationship blow a gasket over a secret identity will be so much fun. *Waits in giddy anticipation*
*Dad, you won't believe it. She has a secret. She is an NIA agent and never told me. *rant* *rant* *rant*" Just begs the question, whether Lois pulls a Martha or just collapses laughing. Ok, the only flaw in that theory is, that Jon at least told Kaylie that there is more to him then just a lack of gravity.

Then there is of course the fact that he works with his ex-girlfriend (ok, not in the same department), which could be passed of as an even more dangerous secret.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#48447 12/03/07 02:03 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
So Jon and Amanda aren't a couple. Too bad, too. But let's not be too hard on little Mandy. Having a boyfriend (or girlfriend) who has a huge life-changing secret isn't something everyone can handle. How would Jon react if, say, Kaylie turned out to be a werewolf? How would he deal with something that momentous? Would he be able to bring a balance to their relationship? (Sure, Kaylie, I understand. Just as long as you don't feed on humans when you go Lycan on us, okay?)

Kaylie knows that Supernova has a secret identity. He's not lying to her, even if he is holding back part of the truth. He's just not ready to tell her. Kaylie, on the other hand, has a humongous secret that Supernova does [I]not]/I] know about, and that has the potential to be more than just a speed bump on the road to true love. She needs to let him know that she has something in her life besides teaching and deciding if she loves him. She doesn't necessarily have to tell him what it is, but she definitely should tell him that there's something big she hasn't told him.

This is a very entertaining story, and I'm still reading it! I wonder if Kaylie's secret really is an NIA connection, or is it something far more sinister? After all, do we know what Kaylie's full name is, or if it's really her own name? Maybe her name is really Luthor! Or - horrors! - maybe it's Carlin (as in Arianna Carlin)! And her secret is something not so wholesome as government espionage and she'll need Jon's help to get free from it!

Or maybe not. Sheesh. I gotta stop eating so much pizza and ice cream right before bedtime.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#48448 12/03/07 11:49 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
As I read it, Jon and Mandy used to be a couple. A couple that didn't survive the revelation.
I love how is relationship with Kaylie is completely the opposite of the one with Amanda. She met Supernova first and knows he lives a normal live somewhere. I love Kaylie's patience and willingness to wait for Jon to spill the beans in his time.

I still worry about what effect Kaylie's own secret might have on their relationship. They're just perfect for each other. *sniffles*

And RED glasses?! Yuck. No better disguise... (mine are blue goofy )

#48449 12/04/07 05:23 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Yay! Feedback!

gr8shadesofElvis, I'm sorry I added yet another name to my story that you don't like. It's a wonder that you're still reading. wink One of my childhood friends was Thea, and she was a very nice girl!

And she got it in a split second. Very impressive, although I'd like to think that if confronted with an out-of-uniform superhero I'd know it straight away. I mean, who wouldn't?
This can also be seen as another clue to what she does besides teaching. She can instantly look beyond the exterior and judge things like emotions, body language, etc and compare them to people she already knows. In short, she was probably trained to penetrate exterior disguises.

PJ you *were* right earlier. Jon and Amanda were dating. Things got difficult and Jon thought it was solely because of his lying to her. He told her. Things got even worse. They split up. At least that's the story so far. There will be a few more flashbacks to expand it in later chapters.

So Jon told Kaylie that his mother knew Superman and her father for two years before figuring it out. Considering that the Superheros don't socialize, this should be an obvious clue, especially for someone who is looking for role models to present.
Michael, this could be a big clue but your right in thinking that Kaylie's not going to dig to deep into this. And having just a second-hand sruface knowledge of things that happened years ago wouldn't give her enough to make her suspicious.

I've gotta run now, but I'll be back in a few hours to reply to the rest of the comments

#48450 12/04/07 11:25 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Okay, back again.

Terry, you wrote:
How would Jon react if, say, Kaylie turned out to be a werewolf? How would he deal with something that momentous? Would he be able to bring a balance to their relationship? (Sure, Kaylie, I understand. Just as long as you don't feed on humans when you go Lycan on us, okay?)
I think I actually laughed aloud when I read this. Not a very good idea when your in a library. I'm glad you sympathize with Mandy. She's really not a bad person, just the wrong person for Jon.

Sira, you wrote:
I love Kaylie's patience and willingness to wait for Jon to spill the beans in his time.
and gr8shadesofElvis wrote:

He's busted and now she's going to behave herself and not persue the issue? Wow, Kaylie, I admire your forebearance!
dedcasale and PJ also commented on this.

I'm not sure if I would be so considerate if my boyfriend presented me with a situation like this! I think it's kind of because of the protection for her own secret that PJ mentioned, but also out of respect for a secret. I'm not going to spill the beans yet about what exactly Kaylie does, but I think we can see from what we know so far that secrets are a huge part of the job, both keeping them and busting them open.

Thanks again for the feedback guys! Good or bad, I love getting it!

#48451 12/05/07 11:57 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I'm enjoying the flashbacks to Jon's relationship with Amanda. I can see why he's gunshy. I just hope he realizes eventually that Kaylie is different. I also hope he doesn't pull a Mandy when he finally learns her secret!

We made eye contact for less than a second, yet it was long enough for a fierce jolt to shoot through me. I watched the man’s suit-jacketed back disappearing among the crowds of people walking down the sidewalk. It couldn’t possibly be… Could it?
She recognized him! Oh, I love it!

I could see a red blush crawling up his neck. Oh, he was so busted.
clap

“Jor, you know that I would never go against your wishes and try to find out who you are, right?”

“I know,” he replied hesitantly.

“And even though I know what you look like now, that doesn’t change anything. When you think about it, how many people work in that area? There’s Chow Towers, The Daily Planet, LNN, and the old LuthorCorp building all within the same few blocks, and those are just the big ones, not even counting the smaller buildings and companies. And I’m hardly ever in that area of the city so it’s unlikely that I’ll bump into you as you again.”

“All right.”

“I would never betray your trust like that. This relationship is too important for me to risk it by doing something so stupid.” Jor smile faintly and I felt him relax beside me.
This is very mature and sweet, but I don't think I'd have that level of patience! But Kaylie is coming from a completely different place than I am.

Very nice, Beth!

Lisa

P.S. Oh, goodness, it just occurred to me - is Kaylie even her real name?

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#48452 12/06/07 05:52 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Beth S.:
One of my childhood friends was Thea, and she was a very nice girl!
Lucky you. I called mine "the Volcano" - not to her face of course eek - I don't think I'd have survived that! goofy

[Linked Image]

Let's just say she was a little bit volatile! splat

#48453 12/06/07 12:57 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks Lisa for the wonderful feedback! I'm glad youre still enjoying the story, and I don't mind how late feedback comes. Whenever I get it it's great!
gr8shadesofElvis, I'm sorry that you have to out up with someone like that. The Thea in my story is not a volcano though, so maybe you'll get a chance to see past the name!

#48454 12/06/07 01:10 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Beth, I haven't seen her for 2 years and she's on the other side of the world anyway, so chances are I won't. I don't actually have any negative feelings towards her - in fact, thinking about her makes me smile (in a perverse sort of way laugh )

And I'll never be able to eat a mango again without laughing! Never mind why, but the incident involved lots of shouting and door-slamming! lol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard