Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, our story has finally come to a close. What do you all think?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Shayne, this was awesome but I wanted more details! Loved it-loved it-loved it!
“Do you think we should tell her?” Lois asked, putting a hand on her still flat stomach.

“She’ll know the moment she hears you,” Clark said.

The rapid beating of the second heart under her ribcage would be glaringly obvious to Lisa, even if she did usually choose not to hear things her parents were doing.

He kissed Lois deeply and passionately. The promise of their early meeting had been more than fulfilled. With her he’d found passion that he hadn’t ever experienced before, and joy.
I'm so glad that Lois and Clark had more children so that they could have a chance at doing it the way that they would like for it to be done and this time Clark would have a part in raising it.

As I said in previous comments, I would have liked to read about their feelings being discussed, the proposal, etc. but still a masterpiece.

Thank you Shayne for sharing such a wonderful story!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Great story, Shayne! I love that the epilogue is set four years down the road.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
Superb story.. loved Clark's reactions to Lisa's lifestyle... typical father laugh thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Shayne, did you write this epilogue just for me?

Let's see... I love the idea that it is Lois who makes Clark a better person, more than the other way round.

It was one of the things he loved about her, the sense of kindness. She'd forced it on him until it was becoming a second nature to him and he was discovering that it also came with unexpected benefits.

His wife had gotten over her fears of being the lesser partner by demanding to be treated as an equal. She was a major force behind the work the Foundation was doing, and she was a major part of the reason he was changing.

She pushed him into becoming a better man. For all that he resisted, he loved the person he was becoming, and it was all because of her and Lisa.
Check!! laugh

And with my own very liberal views, I obviously wish that Lisa would become a champion of various worthy causes of her own...

Where she'd gotten her political views he'd never know. She was even more liberal than her mother, and some of the political arguments around the dinner table were heated.

Clark may have been trying to be more compassionate, but he was a businessman at heart. He knew what was good for the economy and some of the things she was pushing for were ill advised.

Going to protests for half a dozen different causes, spending time with people who would have been hippies back in the sixties but now weren't half as respectable…

Sometimes it felt like she did it just to vex him.
Check!! laugh

I also hoped that, in spite of her growing up hearing people have sex, Lisa wouldn't start having sex too soon herself or become promiscuous.

At least she didn't bother with sex as far as he could see. Her observations about human nature had left her too cynical to fall for the lines that teenaged boys tended to use. Plus, the thought that daddy might be listening in might have had a factor.
Check!! laugh

But I hoped that, in spite of all, Lisa would still be able to fall in love.

“I did it!” she said. “I flew!”

He gaped at her for a moment and then grinned. This was something the both of them had been waiting for, the last thing they could do together that no one else could.

Flying with him had been wonderful, but flying on her own was indescribably better. Especially since it had happened after…

“I met someone,” Lisa said.
Check!! laugh

Oh, wow! Clark flew for the first time right after he had had sex with Lois. Did Lisa have sex with this police officer? No, I don't really think so. Clark and Lois were both "under the influence" when they had sex, and I really don't think that Lisa would be. Alcohol wouldn't affect her, and hopefully there is no more Red K around.

But Lisa has almost certainly fallen in love! Yay!

As for Lois and Clark, I so wanted them to be happy, and have a good love life. And I wanted Lois to get pregnant one more time, with Clark's child.

“Do you think we should tell her?” Lois asked, putting a hand on her still flat stomach.

“She'll know the moment she hears you,” Clark said.

The rapid beating of the second heart under her ribcage would be glaringly obvious to Lisa, even if she did usually choose not to hear things her parents were doing.

He kissed Lois deeply and passionately. The promise of their early meeting had been more than fulfilled. With her he'd found passion that he hadn't ever experienced before, and joy.
Check!!!! smile1 notworthy

And finally, I wanted Clark to keep his promise to Joshua that he would be able to walk again.

They entered Joshua's room, where he was sitting, looking over reports on the computer. He glanced up at them and smiled.

Slowly, he stood up and shook the reporter's hand.

Although Joshua still needed a cane to walk, Clark had fulfilled his promise. Joshua had been the first to push for clinical trials for some of the new treatments and although he was still being treated, his prognosis was bright.

“Six months ago I was confined to a wheelchair,” Joshua told the reporter. “But through the work of the Foundation I am able to walk again.”
Check!!! laugh

And the last lines were perfect.

For all their arguments and contentiousness, they were a family. Lisa was happy with the person she was now, and she knew both of her parents were as well. It wasn't the life she'd envisioned when she was a child wondering about her father.

It was better.
Thank you, Shayne! I absolutely loved this story!!!

Ann

Merriwether
Merriwether
Interesting story, Shayne. I've loved it! It's an interesting take on the characters, and I've loved thejourney that they've taken.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great epilogue.

Hm, a 17-year-old-going-on-18-going-on-30 superpowered girl. So, she doesn't want to join the family business? And she is discovering boys. Poor dad. The flying remark certainly does leave a great deal to euphemism. Especially with her parents belief that she is just not interested in that kind of stuff. But considering her invulnerability, dad doesn't have to worry, now does he? (The green stuff is locked away, right?) Oh boy. Do I smell next-gen-fic in there?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Shayne, this was a great close to the story. As a dad myself, I sympathize with Clark's bewilderment over Lisa's political views and career choices. He has to remember that she's still a kid, even if the law will very soon tell her that she's an adult. He needs to give her time to finish growing up! Sure, she knows a lot more about life and death than most young people her age, but while that gives her an advantage over her peers, it doesn't necessarily make her wise. Her views on life and such will change dramatically in the next four years.

He needs to take comfort in the fact that she feels so secure in her family that she can say almost anything, and even if her parents disagree with her, they're still going to love her and make a place for her in their hearts. She understands that. That's why her real family is better than her childish imaginings. It's a good thing Lois is there to be a buffer between Clark's pragmatism and Lisa's youthful idealism. Lois can help them both see that the other has the right to his or her views, and that there are valid points to be made on both sides. Nothing like a hard-headed businessman tempered by a strong compassionate life partner. In fact, the combination is downright super!

Shayne, maybe we could have an epilogue a few years down the road where the newest super-powered Kent tyke has just thrown a sofa through a wall and is being counseled by someone who turns out to be Lisa. She could help her younger sibling to understand that even though they're different from most other people, they're still human, because just being homo sapiens doesn't make you a human being. Lisa can use Lana as a negative example.

Seriously, that scenario has strong possibilities. You could show us what Lisa is going through in her own romantic life by that time. How did her husband (husband-to-be) react to the news that her dad was Superman? How did he deal with being the physically weaker member of the relationship? How will he deal with Lisa's powers and potential, especially if she refuses to put on a suit and save people in danger? (Actually, I can't imagine that she'd continue to stay on the sidelines, irrespective of her political views.) If you want to write that one some time in the future, I guarantee you that I'll read it!

Again, great job, Shayne. You've shown us that families can come together even under the most trying of circumstances.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
There's no need to rehash the comments from the other posters, suffice it to say that this is another enjoyably well-written story from the keyboard of one of the better writers on these boards.

There was plenty of opportunity to 'expand' on the action presented in order to up the emotional levels of some of the scenes, but you know how the gentle readers are. If they had their way you'd have to write a minute by minute exposition of everything that happened. We surely love our details. Still, you presented a nicely balanced story with plenty of action and emotion without drowning us in excessive angst and contrived situtations.

The epilogue gave us a nice peek into the future of the characters. We are allowed to see how Lisa has grown up and become a typical teenager/young adult (well as typical as she can be), and how the relationship of Lois and Clark turns out. It satisfies the need for the 'Happily Ever After'.

Another fine effort... what's next?

Tank (who agrees with Terry that a story about how Lisa decides to 'come into the family business' might be fun, but has no desire to see Lisa's kids)

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I've posted a comment already, but I need to say, once again, how much I loved not only how you told this tale, Shayne, but also what actually happened in it.

I can't help it. I love when Lois and Clark fall in love - no, make that fall in heat and passion - the first time they see each other. I love when they have never felt anything like this before, and when they are totally swept off their feet by this awesome red-hot flame.

I love it, in other words, when they make love the first time they see each other. blush

I also totally love it if it is the first time for both of them! The symmetry and, well, equality of that kind of lovemaking is just totally irresistible to me.

And I absolutely adore it if Lois gets pregnant with Clark's child this very first time she has sex! Well, if Lois is a virgin and had not expected that she would have sex, she would not have come prepared for it.

I also love it if Clark abandons Lois almost right after their lovemaking. It's strange, but I do. Undoubtedly it has something to do with the trauma I suffered after seeing Clark have sex with Lois and then abandon her in Superman II. I spent years fantasizing about how they could be brought back together again. Ultimately, the best scenario I could come up with was always that Lois was pregnant with Superman's child.

And of course, the new movie, Superman Returns, reinforces the idea that Superman had sex with Lois and then abandoned her for a long time.

To me it is irresistible to see them get together again after they actually have a child together.

I like the idea of seeing Lois as a single mother. I very much like the idea that it would be hard for her, but that she would cope quite well, and that she would love her child and be a good mother.

I also love the idea of seeing Superman's child try to cope with his or her powers, and generally deal with his or her situation, without his or her father. (And then, of course, I love seeing Clark and his child get together for the first time and get to know each other and learn to trust one another.)

Your story gave me all of this and more, Shayne.

Finally, let me post an image or two of how I picture that sudden, irresistible passion that I just love to see between Lois and Clark the first time they meet.

[Linked Image]

Maybe like this....

[Linked Image]

...and maybe like this.

One thing is sure, I love that passion between them!!

Ann

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Oh, I wished for more detail, too. But that's only because I'm sad to see this story end. I really came to adore the characters in this story. In fact, when you said Lois convinced Clark to get rid of his staff, I worried for a second that Joshua was gone. But then I decided you wouldn't do that (and was glad to see that I was right).

It was also good to see Lisa becoming her own person. Her devotion to her mother and awe of Clark in most of this story was completely believable given her age and the conditions of her childhood. But now that she has had several years in a more secure environment and one where Lois has Clark and so wouldn't be quite so dependant on Lisa for her emotional needs, it's good to see that Lisa has been able to grow up and become a normal teenager.

And I have to believe her liberal views will lead her to some day change her mind about donning the Super-persona. Altough, I'm glad she's rejecting it now as it more fully shows that she is her own person.

This was really fantastic and I am very sorry that there's no more to read.

Columnist
Columnist
I loved this epilogue! We get to see Lois and Clark and Lisa all settled into their new life. I love the way Clark worries about Lisa still. And I do want to find out more about this cop!

But I have to say that the best part is the motorcycle. Very fun, and a very good indication of Lisa's personality and how she has Clark wrapped around her little finger!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the epilogue. It worked. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
clap this was a great story. Thanks

Lois: Clark, you don't have to be embarrassed. That's what friends are for. Just tell me how much.
Clark: Lois, I want you to go out with me!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard