Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48208 11/20/07 08:05 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
A new part! laugh

Great to see - these boards have been a little on the quiet side lately.

‘Catty Collins’ sported a bleach-blonde bob that was radically different from my normal shoulder length auburn style, and wore a heavy layer of makeup with dark color around the eyes.
I was blessed with a peculiar shade of hazel eyes that absorbed surrounding color
Specially for me? blush Somehow I figured she was a redhead.

But not a word to the kids for 15 years? And Jon didn't suspect anything?? Does galactic stupidity run in the family??? thumbsup

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#48209 11/20/07 08:53 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Kaylie at The Gentlemen's Club. So, was Junior there undercover as well and tried not to notice the blond waitress who was missing her dress?

So, what's her second job?
I guess we can tick off hooker, private eye, journalist, and NIA agent. Nope,I still go wit the Batman derivate.

More please.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#48210 11/20/07 10:30 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Beth, just a quick to note to say that I'm still reading and enjoying! Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#48211 11/20/07 12:53 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
ooh, they are moving along a lot quicker than lois and clark ever did.

i enjoyed the way you have filled in a lot of the rest of Jon's life and how he has struggled with accepting his and his family's powers.

It was interesting that Lois and Clark did what they do best (fib) to their kids for so long. 15 years is a very long time. It must be hard concocting excuses at home. Its almost like you have no place to be yourself.

I am really looking forward to the next chapter and finding when they do the big reveal. If possible, i would like some WAFFy moments and angst...

Cheers,
Em

Lois: Clark, you don't have to be embarrassed. That's what friends are for. Just tell me how much.
Clark: Lois, I want you to go out with me!
#48212 11/20/07 02:39 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Happy Sigh.. I kept waiting for him to slip though<g> laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#48213 11/20/07 04:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still reading, still fascinated... and I get the idea that Jon's not gonna be too happy that Kaylie's been lying to him. splat Still, I'm guessing it won't take her anywhere near as long as 15 years to 'fess up. Possibly less than 15 days laugh

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#48214 11/20/07 07:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story! I just caught up with the 5 parts tonight. I'm not normally into next-gen stories, but the set-up is just really, really interesting!

On a complete side-note, can you imagine what would happen if Superman pulled the "I have a secret identity, but I can't tell you about it" on Lois? rotflol
It works for Jon and Kaylie, but I just see Lois either blowing a gasket or falling off a cliff trying to figure out the secret. More votes to the cliff reaction.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#48215 11/20/07 10:09 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay! Finally a glimpse into the the "secret life" of Kaylie. Still curious about more though.

Loved to see them on their date. And love to see Jon sharing something about his real life past with her.

I do agree with one of the above-posters though... looks like Jon won't take lightly to finding out she's been keeping a secret from him.

Hope to see more of these two soon!

#48216 11/21/07 06:47 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Yay! Feedback!!

gr8shadesofElvis: Yes the physical description was special for you. I hope you enjoyed it! A physical decription of Jon is coming too.
You're not the only one with writer's block here, Beth. I hate leaving fdk when I have nothing better to say than that I enjoyed your latest installment - usually I wouldn't bother - but I like to support you cos I really enjoy this story. Keep it coming.
Awww! Thanks for that! I do like hearing that people are reading the story even if there isn't a lot of specifics in the FDK. It lets me know that people are still reading!

Michael, I refuse to comment any further on what Kaylie's job is because I know that I'll end up giving away something and I want it to be a secret until Jon finds out. But I think it's safe to say that she is anything but a cocktail waitress!

ooh, they are moving along a lot quicker than lois and clark ever did.
Yes they are Em, but that doesn't mean that everything will turn out fine! They've had to admit their feelings to each other earlier than LnC ever did because they don't have the luxury of worknig together, but thay still have problems to work out! There will be plenty of WAFF and angst to come!

Thanks Lisa and Laura for your comments! It good to know I still have you interested.

As for PJ and Sira:
I get the idea that Jon's not gonna be too happy that Kaylie's been lying to him.
looks like Jon won't take lightly to finding out she's been keeping a secret from him.
Based on what we see of Jon's character, he doesn't take too kindly to being kept in the dark...

JD:

On a complete side-note, can you imagine what would happen if Superman pulled the "I have a secret identity, but I can't tell you about it" on Lois?
It works for Jon and Kaylie, but I just see Lois either blowing a gasket or falling off a cliff trying to figure out the secret. More votes to the cliff reaction.
I think the reason why Kaylie's so patient with this is that she understands the importance of a secret of this magnitude. From what we've seen of her second job, she's used to playing things close to the vest and keeping things hidden at all costs. Therefore she is willing to wait until Jon is ready to tell her the truth. (PS: I also vote for the cliff reaction!)

Thanks again for the FDK everyone!

#48217 11/22/07 06:33 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey Beth!

Another great part! Have I told you I just adore this story?

I LOVE THIS STORY!!!

On a complete side-note, can you imagine what would happen if Superman pulled the "I have a secret identity, but I can't tell you about it" on Lois?
I already did this premise in my Strangers series - and they had their reasons for keeping Kal's secret identity a secret.

One of these days, I plan on going back to that universe.....

But, more soon, Beth! This is great!!

Missy

#48218 11/22/07 06:48 AM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
As always, this is fantastic! So, what is Kaylie's other job - is she a CIA agent or something? You certainly are keeping me guessing!

And the date with Jon was great - it was clear that they are getting even closer.

Can't wait to see where you are going with this!

#48219 11/23/07 11:23 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks Missy and Anonpip for the fdk! I'm glad you're still enjoying the story

I refuse to say anything else about Kaylie's job because I know I'll end up telling everyone about it. I'm so bad for that kind of thing. I was the person who told someone that Dumbledore died in HP six before they read it. It's even worse with stuff I have written because I'm the only one who knows about it!

#48220 11/26/07 10:14 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Beth S.:
I refuse to say anything else about Kaylie's job because I know I'll end up telling everyone about it. I'm so bad for that kind of thing.
Just guessing.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard