ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

#48183 11/18/07 06:01 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved how things are getting clearer and that Lois is willing to give Clark's fumbling but heart-felt "proposal" a try. yay!

I even understand why Clark's defending Lana, trying to make excuses for her... but I don't have to like it. Reminds me too much of Smallville Clark... blindingly over-optimistic / too forgiving for his own good. grumble

Loving it nevertheless

thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#48184 11/18/07 06:38 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, how weird. How bleak. Clark, the last of his kind, alone in the world and the universe, desperate for love. And Lana, using him as a source of gold, and poisoning him with kryptonite to make him keep providing. And poisoning herself, too, and rendering herself infertile.

Lois had looked Lana Lang up after she'd realized just who she was. She'd been married to Lex Luthor for a little less than eighteen months before he'd been killed in a car bombing. The bomber's identity had never been discovered.

Just how crazy was Lana Lang?
Lana killed Luthor, too?

Well, wow. Anyone who hates Lana and likes seeing her portrayed as chillingly evil mustn't miss this story! Maria Fernandez, where are you?

I really liked Clark and Lois's talk about the night when Lisa was conceived. And I'm so glad that Lois decided to stay with Clark for a while at least.

But surely they need to warn Lisa about Lana! Although Lisa already distrusts Lana. She smells wrong, as Lisa put it.

This story remains totally captivating, Shayne.

Ann

#48185 11/18/07 06:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Shayne, this is great! What a chapter of revelations! You're all that and a bowl of Pralines and Cream ice cream!
“Live with you permanently?” Lois said. “That’s not going to happen.”

“Why not?” Clark asked. “It would solve all our problems. Lisa would grow up with someone who understands what she’s going through. She’d be in a place that’s quiet enough that she can hear herself think, and she’d have a mother who wasn’t working herself to the bone.”

“So I’m not to work?” The idea of being a kept woman was unpalatable, and Lois knew her displeasure was creeping into her voice. She’d worked for everything in her life, and she didn’t intend to stop now.

“I didn’t say that,” Clark said quickly. “I’ve been looking over the work you’ve done for the Foundation, and I’ve been more than pleased.”

He’d been double checking her work? It should have angered Lois, but instead it pleased her. It meant that the work she’d done was valuable to him, as the Foundation itself was. She wasn’t just being given make-work to keep her satisfied while Clark got to have a relationship with his daughter.

“So I’d be living in you house, accepting your charity?”

She’d grown up around enough wealthy people to know what they called poor people who lived off the wealth of richer friends. Being thought a gold-digger would be the least of her worries, but it wasn’t a way she wanted to be viewed.

Clark shook his head. “I owe this to you. I owe you for every time you wiped her nose when I wasn’t there, for every diaper you bought with money you didn’t have. I owe you for the life you would have had…should have had. I’m not sorry about Lisa, but I’m so sorry about leaving you alone.”
Okay, obviously Lois feels something for Clark or she would not have continued to entertain his proposition. And he definitely feels something for her. Poor guy, she reads negatively into everything he says. That was reason enough for him to go running the other way and just accept seeing Lisa when he could, but he didn't run. This should be a testament to Lois.
“About that,” Lois said. “If the night was as special as what you are saying, why didn’t you try to find me?”

“I was ashamed,” Clark said slowly. “You were clearly drunk and I took advantage of you. I may have been bounced around the system for a while, but I lived with the Kents long enough to know what was right and what was wrong. What I did that night was inexcusable..”

That wasn’t how Lois remembered the night. What few memories she did have made her still want to blush with how aggressive, how wanton she’d been.

“So you thought I wouldn’t want you?”

If he’d come to her, she’d have been cautiously open. She’d thrown herself at him, after all. It would have changed everything to have had another set of hands to help with Lisa. Perhaps she could have gone back to college, finished up, had a career.

“How could you?” Clark asked. “I was some guy you’d picked up at a bar, and either you did that sort of thing all the time, in which case I was going to be nobody special…or you didn’t…which would be even worse.”

“It was my first time,” Lois said quietly.

“Me too,” Clark said somberly. “I’d planned on waiting until I found someone I could share everything with.”

She’d stolen that from him, from them both. Lois frowned.

“I’m glad I did.” He said.

Lois blinked. “What?”

“It doesn’t repel you that I’m an alien.”

Lois shook her head. How could she be repelled by him? What he was, her own daughter was.

“You were human enough to give me a child,” Lois said. “You don’t repel me.”
Clark is letting Lois see a side of him that probably no other person has. He is trusting her in the biggest way and that should be worth gold to her. The fact that he admits that he was ashamed of what he had done and that had he known that he had left her pregnant he would have helped her speaks volume as to his real character. He was also afraid that Lois would reject him...not love him as he says that all he really wanted from Lana was to love him. So as strong and powerful as he is, his heart is soft and vulnerable.

Then Clark tells Lois that that was his first time and he learns that it was hers, too. They have shared so much together that neither of them know. And the alien thing doesn't come into play with Lois which tells him that she accepts him as he is and their daughter. Then he tells her that in spite of the consequences of which things happened, he doesn't regret that things happened with her and he would not change it if he could. He's happy about Lisa...and Lois...and wants to make things up to Lois.

And Clark wanted his first time t be with someone special, that he could share everything with. Well, a little out of order, but I'd say this is everything. And he is happy that it happened which says to Lois that he sees her as special and not just his daughter's mother.
“That doesn’t mean that I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

“Just give it a few years,” Clark said, “I think you’ll want to stay.”

Lois suspected that she might as well.
Oh, I think Lois will want to spend the rest of her life with Clark...and have more children!
“I’m not asking you to have sex with me,” Clark said. “Just to move in with me so I can have access to my daughter. Whatever happened with us…that’d be entirely separate. Living with me doesn’t mean you want to marry me.”
Notice that Clark said, "Living with me doesn’t mean you want to marry me.” He DID NOT say "Living with me doesn’t mean *I* want to marry *you*.”I think that he does want to marry Lois but he's giving her time, giving himself time to win her heart.
“I’d really only accumulated the money in the first place to make her happy,” Clark admitted. “Even under the red poison I mostly just wanted her to love me.”
“And she didn’t.”

He shrugged and looked away. “Sometimes it seemed like she did.”
“She’s sick.” Clark said. “She was my wife, and I wouldn’t have left her. After she found out she couldn’t have children though…it was never the same. She became bitter and erratic, and she divorced me.”
And there Clark was again putting someone else first even if it meant hurting himself. He just wanted to make Lana happy, for her to love him. And after all that she had done, he would not have left her. And she really didn't love him. Lois could make such a difference in his life. All she really wants is to be loved unconditionally and that's all Clark really wants, too. And with Lois...well she has been an answer to his prayers.
“We can at least stay the summer,” Lois said. “Make our decisions closer to the end.”

Clark nodded, and the limo faded into silence.
I feel so sorry or both Lois and Clark. She doesn't want to seem like she is after his money and he just wants a family. She gives him just a little something to buy time to a decision. Lois needs Clark but is able to suppress her desires as she has all of Lisa's life and move on. But the strongest man in the world now has a weakness...two actually...Lois and Lisa...and he is not strong enough to move on without them this time.

Hurry back Shayne. Thank you for this wonderful surprise this morning! Bravo!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#48186 11/18/07 09:09 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“You were human enough to give me a child,” Lois said. “You don’t repel me.”

He smiled at her slowly, and Lois realized that this was only going to encourage him. “That doesn’t mean that I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

“Just give it a few years,” Clark said, “I think you’ll want to stay.”

Lois suspected that she might as well.
clap

And of course. Family History. Or, well, not family. What exactly does one call Lana in this story? Oh, right. Wack Job History. Wouldn't it be just darn awful if she got wacked by the competition, i.e. Intergang's Mindy Church? Now that would be irony. I love irony.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#48187 11/18/07 01:10 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
“I found work on an Alaskan King Crab boat and made enough money in two weeks to pay for two years of college.” Clark smiled wistfully. “I saved a couple of guys’ lives, and they asked me back every year.”
Your stories are wonderful but the background bits are superb!! clap

Framework4
#48188 11/18/07 02:09 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
this was great! lots of info - Lana is utterly contemptible. How can she blame clark for her spitefulness resulting in her infertility?

yes i agree with some of the comments above. She needs to ge whacked. devilsplat

thanks for providing more monday morning entertainment for me

Lois: Clark, you don't have to be embarrassed. That's what friends are for. Just tell me how much.
Clark: Lois, I want you to go out with me!
#48189 11/18/07 04:59 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I really like the way they are developing. I am not crazy about the whole Lana thing, As I said before I think they have enough problems without her. Unless maybe she propells them to getting closer quicker. I'm sticking with it either way.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#48190 11/20/07 10:33 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Yay, he told her!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#48191 11/20/07 02:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He told her! He told her! smile1

“I’m not asking you to have sex with me,” Clark said.
Does he need ask? blush Don't waste any more time, you silly girl! hyper

More! Please! grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#48192 11/21/07 03:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Shayne, where are you??? grovel grovel grovel

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

#48193 11/21/07 03:16 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes, please, Shayne!

Ann

#48194 11/21/07 03:25 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
“We haven’t even been on a real date!”

“I seem to recall differently,” Clark said.

Lois flushed. “That wasn’t a date. That was sex.”

“I’m not asking you to have sex with me,” Clark said.
Stupid, stupid. I bet he's already regretting that statement. laugh

Great chapter! I love that Lois was willing to hear him out. I sense that love is in the air. wink

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#48195 11/24/07 06:34 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This post is your fault, Shayne;) You set the addictive posting frequency, and it's now been 6 days since my the last fix. So I have a little friend I'd like to introduce here: wildguy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#48196 11/24/07 06:52 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm gonna have to go with Michael on this one... wildguy wildguy

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#48197 11/24/07 07:23 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Me too wildguy wildguy wildguy

Choucky

Que serais-je sans toi qui vins à ma rencontre ...
#48198 11/24/07 10:20 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And me too. wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Withdraw symptoms can be violent. By the way, where I put my chainsaw? [Linked Image]

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard