Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47848 11/01/07 10:47 AM
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lois woke up with a start, bolting upright into a sitting position, which she quickly regretted when she felt the delayed pain resonate through her brain at the sudden movement. Her head felt like someone had been running a jackhammer inside of it.

It had only been a dream. It wasn’t real.
Are you serious?

Then she saw something else; something she couldn’t mistake for anything else.

Red and blue...

“Cla... Superman!” she yelped when she recognized the unmoving body lying a few feet from her... in the opposite corner of the cage that she could now see they were both trapped inside.
Shoulda known. :p

“I’m looking for the source,” she explained absently, still feeling around. “Lex has to have something feeding the Kryptonite into this cage.” She scoured the outside perimeter of the cage, feeling along all the edges and surfaces. Halfway around the enclosure, she stopped abruptly and looked up.
Okay, that's SERIOUSLY interesting and original. I can think of a hundred and one kryptonite cages I've read about, but none of them have actually gone into the how's and why's of it all...how the Kryptonite is actually being used...and there are a number of possibilities...

“How did you even end up here? I thought you promised that you would stay away? That you would be careful?”

“Like you?” he managed to tease and then let out a raspy cough.
*snicker* We think of Clark as cautious sometimes, but really he'll always be a gold medalist in the Reckless Olympics with Lois.

She reached up with her left hand and pulled her other bra strap out, following the same pattern. “I’m getting us out of here.”

He raised an eyebrow at her and let out a rasping cough before replying, “By stripping?”
goofy And it's also fabulous to know that there's an unfinished backburner that will resurface sometime...pesky RL. :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#47849 11/01/07 02:30 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I really enjoyed this story. Great job!!

doublel

#47850 11/01/07 02:55 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful story, DJ. Thanks for writing it and giving us a story to go along with Laura's Dark!Clark poster. drool

I loved how Lois short-circuited Clark's angst and guilt at the end by telling him that he couldn't help it anymore than she could. Clark had to let it go or he'd have to admit he blamed Lois for hurting him, too. Brilliant!

Thanks for sharing,
BJ

#47851 11/01/07 05:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL cute ending. I like the gluttony line. Good job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#47852 11/02/07 01:51 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, okay, no time, no time...

<g>

But I had to just pop on here real fast and say thanks so much for the reviews, fdk, and support - they were a nice little boost this morning. I'm running around like a crazy woman today, but I just had to say 'thanks'.

When I get back from vacationing, I'll have more to say.

C-ya!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#47853 11/02/07 06:34 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, I loved how heroic Lois was in this story, DJ!

&#8220;So it's like they're powered by Kryptonite or it's being fed into them somehow.&#8221; She reached through the bars and started feeling around on the other side of them.

&#8220;What... are you... doing?&#8221; he grunted, pulling himself to the center of the cage. He wanted so desperately to get away from the source of his pain but, while the center of the cage was the furthest point away from any of the bars, he wasn't sure the pain was any better. Now it just seemed to be coming at him from all directions.

&#8220;I'm looking for the source,&#8221; she explained absently, still feeling around. &#8220;Lex has to have something feeding the Kryptonite into this cage.&#8221; She scoured the outside perimeter of the cage, feeling along all the edges and surfaces. Halfway around the enclosure, she stopped abruptly and looked up.

There was a cable coming down from the ceiling that attached to the top of the cage.
Yes! Brilliant thinking, Lois!

&#8220;How did you even end up here? I thought you promised that you would stay away? That you would be careful?&#8221;

&#8220;Like you?&#8221; he managed to tease and then let out a raspy cough.
I have to steal Jen's comment here:

*snicker* We think of Clark as cautious sometimes, but really he'll always be a gold medalist in the Reckless Olympics with Lois.
clap

And I loved that Lois persuaded Henderson to declare Superman innocent of any wrongdoing. And I liked that Lois, too, shared her knowledge with the public of what had actually transpired very judiciously!

But even with all of the facts and information at Henderson's disposal, it had taken Lois several more hours to convince him to help her with a cover-up story.
She convinced Henderson to help her with a cover-up story! That's my Lois! Clark, do you realize how lucky you are to have her?

&#8220;I don't know, Lois,&#8221; he huffed. &#8220;But somehow I get the feeling that it would be even bigger than if Elvis walked through my door right now, eating a donut.&#8221;

And then, as if on cue, Clark walked through Perry's door... taking a bite out of the glaze donut he was holding.
<insert groan>

<&#8220;I didn't lie... I only hid certain facts...&#8221;>

That's what she had told Henderson. She had hid certain facts about Superman. Was that any different than what Clark had done?

Possibly. But, if she was honest with herself, he wasn't the only one guilty of being duplicitous.
Hey, come on, DJ! That is not the same thing and you know it!

If it wasn't so dark out, he would have sworn she was blushing. As it was, he couldn't really tell. But by the sweet smile she had on her face, he was willing to bet he was right.
How sweet! I love her smiling and blushing.

&#8220;If I'm not mistaken, isn't "gluttony' one of the seven sins?&#8221; she explained. &#8220;I didn't seen you hitting any all-you-can-eat buffets the past couple of days.&#8221; She flashed him a teasing smile. They had a long road ahead of them, but they were going to have to learn to laugh again and let go of what had happened if they wanted to move past it and not obsess over it.
Hah! Do you remember, DJ, that I mentioned in a previous FDK thread that I was looking forward to seeing him being gluttonous?

Clark returned her smile and shook his head softly. &#8220;What if "gluttony' isn't about food?&#8221;

Lois furrowed her eyebrows in bemusement. &#8220;What do you mean?&#8221;

&#8220;Well, I've never been able to get enough of you,&#8221; he admitted softly. This time her blush was deep enough that he could make it out clearly.

&#8220;And let's hope you never will.&#8221;
That's adorable, DJ. I do think it would have worked even better as a closing remark of an nfic. But, quite apart from the fact that you don't write nfic anymore, it would have been difficult to squeeze any sort of "feel-good" nfic situation into this fic, so soon after Clark's near-rape of Lois when he was being controlled by Luthor.

Anyway, great story, DJ! clap

Ann

#47854 11/06/07 08:16 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone from Cancun! I'm having a lovely time. No time really to comment on the fdk - except to say thank you. But I just HAD to pop on here and say hello. And now I have to get back to the beach and bake some more smile Kidding, I've been good - wearing my sunscreen.

Later!

DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#47855 11/06/07 08:34 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Glad to hear it.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#47856 11/07/07 06:23 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I'm late with fdk--life's gotten insane--but I just wanted to let you know that I thoroughly enjoyed this story! The end didn't disappoint.

Great work!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#47857 11/07/07 06:45 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ahh, DJ, you did it again. Wonderful, wonderful ending to a fabulous story. clap Hope you're having fun in Cancun! smile

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
#47858 11/11/07 05:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! I'm back home now. <insert sad face> We had a lovely time but part of me is glad to be back home.

Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments.

Jen -- LOL - no, I wasn't trying to pretend that the whole story was a dream... just the small part Lois had dreamed (or was it a dream? <g>) Oooooh, I'm so glad you enjoyed the Kryptonite cage idea. Thanks. Heh - glad you enjoyed the donut scene. I originally thought of having him eating a donut but then thought maybe that was too corny and changed it to him drinking coffee, but both Sue and Lara thought the donut idea would be funny, so I went with it. <g> LOL - Cancun was great... wish you had been there. wink And yes, there is a backburner... it almost burned itself out, but there is a simmering fire now. Thanks for the fdk, Jen!

Hi doublel - thanks for the fdk! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Hi BJ. Thanks. <drool> Yeah, that wallpaper was just crying out for a story. I hope I did it justice. YES!!! I'm so glad you "got" the ending. That's what I was going for! Thank you! And thanks so much for the fdk!

Hi Laurach! Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the fdk!

Hee hee, Ann, thanks. Glad you enjoyed heroic Lois. LOL at your bra comment <snicker> Yes, I remember you mentioning the gluttony, hope you liked how I tied it in. <g> I'm glad you enjoyed the ending and the story. And thanks so much for the fdk!

Hi Woody! Yes, I was mostly a good girl. I burned just a little bit - enough to give me a nice little tan for the winter. But not bad at all. It was gone in a day or two and a nice golden brown. smile

Hi Symbolic! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks so much for the fdk and I'm glad it didn't disappoint. Thank you!

Hi Anna! Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. And thanks, I had a blast in Cancun.

Thank you all again, so much. It may be a while before you see me again... but I will be back... and for all those of you who enjoy reading my stories, I thank you! And for those of you who have left me fdk on any of my stories - you rock!

-- DJ

#47859 11/23/07 09:23 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I hope you'll be back soon.

Looking forward to the next part.

#47860 11/28/07 10:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Pamela! <hug> I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

But...

Next chapter???

This was the last chapter of Flawed. It's done. I hope to get it sent off to the archive pretty soon.

Or did you mean the next story? <g> That might be awhile. My muse's picture is pasted on milk jugs all over town. LOL! She is completely MIA.

But I will be back... sometime... I have plenty of unfinished stories.

Thanks for the fdk!

-- DJ

#47861 11/28/07 09:19 PM
Columnist
Columnist
upps I missed the last part. Off to read now. blush blush blush

#47862 11/28/07 10:32 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Don't feel bad, Tahu. I've had a post-it note on my desktop reading "Read part 8 of Flawed!!!!!!!" for so long I'm embarrassed. (Yes, there are that many exclamation marks. laugh ) Every time I switch on the pc and catch sight of it, I cringe.

DJ, I'm a terrible reader. Bad. Bad reader. I should be horsewhipped. Or hit on the nose with a newspaper or something.

Anyway, I promise to get to parts 8 and 9 ASAP! It's sure not through lack of being keen to find out what happens next that's delayed my reading them!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#47863 12/03/07 06:13 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Pamela! Oh no! I'm glad you found the last part. Hope you enjoyed it! <g>

LabRat! For shame!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

LOL!!! Kidding! I'm tickled to know you have a post it about it on your computer... hee hee.

Thanks again, guys. I appreciate all your comments so much!

-- DJ

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard