Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47768 10/28/07 12:36 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
YAY! It's up!

which is in winter – but I needed this to be in October, for Halloween.
Any Alaskan will tell you Halloween is well into winter. wink

How dare he assume she'd just tag along anywhere, like an obedient little puppy? Who did he think she was?
Mad Dog is no puppy!

"As if Frankenstein would really do the Monster Mash with Sabrina the Teenage Witch!"
LOL! I was probably more entertained by that than I should have been, but I'm not complaining. laugh

Tarzan and Jane.
drool .... drool .... drool .... huh? what? No, I wasn't daydreaming about Clark in a loin cloth....

Jabba the Hutt!
That'll snap you out of fantasy land real quick...

Clark repressed the urge to ask which of them she thought of as the beast.
LOL!! Just think of him in a loin cloth for a bit, Lois, and we'll know who the beauty is, anyway. wink

It had definitely come as a surprise when she'd taken the coat off to reveal the Arabian Nights costume – complete with all seven blue veils – the same one she had sworn she'd never wear in public again in her lifetime. However, a part of him had been quite pleased to see her wearing it.
*Smirk* I'll just bet...

Sure, Robin Hood was a good idea, but green tights would do precious little to hide just exactly how beautiful he thought Lois was.
drool .... drool .... drool ....

Eventually, he did hear a call for help, but not before anyone looking closely enough had been made aware of the fact that Robin Hood had very strong feelings for Scheherazade.
LOL!

But the man Lois had been certain was Clark turned out to be Batman instead. A vampire Batman.
clap

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Features Writer
Features Writer
HEEHEE! drool

Gold Star! thumbsup

TEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
"I hate costumes," she spat.

"Hate?" He looked at her, amused. "You don't hate costumes. You wear them all the time for undercover work. If I had to guess-"

"Those are disguises, not Halloween costumes! Don't you know the difference, by now?" Lois threw her hands in the air in frustration. "Undercover work is a serious thing! Costume parties are- they're- you know, just an excuse for people to make complete fools of themselves, under the pretense that they're playing the part." She snorted. "As if Frankenstein would really do the Monster Mash with Sabrina the Teenage Witch!"
Poor Lois! But I can see her point.

"How about Dorothy and the cowardly lion?
[Linked Image]

Heh! Very innocent-looking! That would have been fun.

Sure, Robin Hood was a good idea, but green tights would do precious little to hide just exactly how beautiful he thought Lois was.
rotflol <insert nfic-rated image of Robin Hood's green tights>

Eventually, he did hear a call for help, but not before anyone looking closely enough had been made aware of the fact that Robin Hood had very strong feelings for Scheherazade.
rotflol

"Sorry to keep you waiting," came a low, gravely whisper to her ear.

Warm breath tickled against her cheek and a strong arm wrapped itself around her waist.

"You're worth waiting for," she whispered back, eyes closed as she leaned back against the broad expanse of his chest.

His lips trailed slowly against the skin of her neck, making her shiver with anticipation. Until suddenly, unexpectedly, he bit her!
shock

She spun around quickly, reflexively slapping a hand to her neck. But the man Lois had been certain was Clark turned out to be Batman instead. A vampire Batman. He smiled - a predatory smile - exposing long, pointy canines that were stained with her blood. And everything went black.
[Linked Image]

When she opened her eyes again, Lois found that she was at Clark's. She was cuddled up against him on the sofa; the light was turned off, but the television was on. Judging from Clark's even breathing, he had fallen asleep too. Lois squinted her eyes at the TV and sighed with relief.
It was just a dream! What a relief!!!

She'd rented what had turned out to be a very cheesy comedy, which had put her to sleep almost instantly. The clerk at the video store had highly recommended it, saying it was an instant classic. Lois rolled her eyes. Instant classic for sure... Five years from now no one was even going to remember this had ever been made, she thought to herself.
[Linked Image]

"Well, I dreamt we were at the Halloween party and..." She shook her head, trying to remember the details clearly. "Then Superman had to fly off somewhere and, um, you left me a note asking me to meet you in the alley behind the hotel. Except when I got there, it wasn't you. It was Batman. And he was a vampire, too."

Clark chuckled. "Batman? A vampire?"

"Oh, don't laugh at me, it's not such a stretch. There is such a thing as a vampire bat."
[Linked Image]

"Well, yeah," he admitted. He brushed a quick kiss on her cheek before continuing, "but as far as I know, there are no vampire bats native to the US. In fact, if I had to guess, I'd say he's probably a Pallid bat."
[Linked Image]

A Pallid Bat!!! Aww, he's downright cute!

"He's not really a bat, silly! He's just a man. But it's good to know there aren't any vampires around here, anyway."

"There aren't any vampire bats here, Lois. I didn't say anything about actual vampires."

His lips trailed slowly against the skin of her neck, sending a strange chill through her body. And then, suddenly, unexpectedly, he bit her!

Lois jumped off the couch and screamed in horror. She ran towards the door, but stumbled on the last of the steps and hit her head as she fell to the floor. Everything went black. Again...
[Linked Image]

When she opened her eyes, Lois was lying face down on the floor. She quickly got up and looked towards what she was sure would be the front door of Clark's apartment, only to find that she was actually facing one of the walls in her bedroom.
Did she have a dream in a dream? <shudders>

Suddenly, there was a soft thud and the familiar rustling of fabric coming from the living room. Lois held her breath. She wanted to believe it was Superman &#8211; the real one - but she was afraid that she'd find someone else again. Someone scary she didn't want to find in her apartment. Someone who might hurt her.

"Lois?" he called. "Lois, are you okay?"

Well, at least it wasn't some giant vampire bat, Lois thought. Slowly, she let out the breath she'd been holding. Hopefully, this time it wasn't a vampire Superman, either.
Let's hope so!!

"I heard you scream," he explained. "Are you sure everything is all right?"
Sure! Lois screams for the fun of it!

[Linked Image]

Lois-as-Marilyn screaming for the fun of it!!

Clark took a step forward, but Lois backed away. He took another step towards her and she backed away again.

"Lois, what's wrong?" he asked her, concern now plainly obvious in his voice and in his expression. "What are you afraid of?"

"Who are you? I mean, who are you really?"

A blur of red and blue later, Clark Kent now stood where Superman had been a second before. Spandex suit, cape and boots replaced by a t-shirt, jeans and running shoes. "It's just me," he said softly.
Heh! That's good. I always like when he does that when she is watching him!

"I had a nightmare," Lois explained. "I- I think. I'm not so sure anymore. You're really not a vampire? Or a werewolf? Or... I don't know, something?"
[Linked Image]

"No, I promise," he said as gently as he could. "I'm just the guy who brings you coffee in the morning and walks you home at night."
[Linked Image]

Couldn't resist.... laugh

"You were a vampire in my dream," she explained between sobs, pulling back a little so she could look at him as she spoke. "I guess I screamed when you bit my neck, because I was doing that in the dream. And then I tried to escape and I... fell out of bed, I think."

"I'm not a vampire. And I don't bite. Unless you ask me to," he said with a lopsided smile as he brushed a strand of hair away from her face.
Maybe just a little, over in the nfic folder... laugh

"Can we skip that Halloween party? I don't think I could stand the sight of another vampire. Bat or otherwise."

"Not to mention you don't have a costume picked out yet," he teased.

"Yes, I do," she told him, laughing softly. "And I promise to put it on for Halloween, too. But only if you're the only one around to see it. I am not going out in public in that thing."

"I see." He gave her a crooked smile. "Halloween comes back on the 31st of every month, doesn't it?"

"Only if you play your cards right."
Hah!!! That's a good idea!

What a funny fic, Lara!!!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wonderful! I've never been one for the typical Halloween type movies so I haven't seen/didn't know the premis for the Nightmare seires of movies, but this was good!!

Jabba the Hut
I was hoping for Han Solo myself. . .

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I fear that i won't be nearly as creative as the others but I still loooooved it!
I might be biased (BAAAAATS!) but this was just so great!
Witty, yet lovely!

"You know, you sure are lucky to be invulnerable, mister," she told him, lowering her voice so that no one around could hear her. "Cause I'd really love to hurt you right about now."

He leaned in and kissed her cheek. "And I love you, too," he whispered in a teasing tone.
Awww, he's just so darn sweet!

LOL! That’s going to be embarassing, Farmboy wink

"You're worth waiting for," she whispered back, eyes closed as she leaned back against the broad expanse of his chest.
Awwwww, beautiful!

Clark took a step forward, but Lois backed away. He took another step towards her and she backed away again.

"Lois, what's wrong?" he asked her, concern now plainly obvious in his voice and in his expression. "What are you afraid of?"
Wow, that must be hard for him

"I'm not a vampire. And I don't bite. Unless you ask me to," he said with a lopsided smile as he brushed a strand of hair away from her face.
You know, if she doesn’t want him to, I’d volunteer! Gladly!

As I said, this was wonderful! clap

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh my gosh, I really liked this a bunch. It was hilarious. I loved the Star Wars mentions (and the Buffy movie, which is hilarious I don't care what Lois says!) and even though I'm not a fan of Nightmare on Elm Street, I've been forced to watch it by the S.O. a ton of times so I could see where the nightmare-in-a-nightmare came from. I also liked the mention of the veil costume and just Lois' general feistiness smile .

This was just great for Halloween. Thanks so much Lara!

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Features Writer
Features Writer
Woo! A nightmare within a nightmare! Good one laugh

And Buffy the Vampire Slayer? What's that? wink

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark repressed the urge to ask which of them she thought of as the beast. Instead he just smiled and promised to wear anything she thought would work, as long as she agreed to go.
Hehehe. I love Snarky!Clark.

He swallowed hard, cursing his own choice of costume. Sure, Robin Hood was a good idea, but green tights would do precious little to hide just exactly how beautiful he thought Lois was.
Clark as Robin Hood? * Swoon * Robin Hood is one of my other favorite characters. ^_^

The "cheesy" vampire comedy movie that Lois didn't like was – you guessed it! – Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It came out in 1992 and the TV series... came out five years later.
Haha, is it bad of me that I prefer the movie over the series? I always had a great fondness for the Buffy movie. ^_^

Great story! Perfect for Halloween!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Kerth
Kerth
Wow! When you said you would have a new story for me to read, I didn't think you'd be *posting* it this soon. smile
Sonny and Cher
I can see Clark in that fur vest now. Hee.
"You know, you sure are lucky to be invulnerable, mister," she told him, lowering her voice so that no one around could hear her. "Cause I'd really love to hurt you right about now."
Maybe I'm just really sick, but the thought of Lois taking out her aggressions on Clark after she knows he's invulnerable cracks me up every time. Go for it, Lois!
Snort!
"Wrong, you are. Great movie, it is," he teased.
All that *and* a Yoda impersonation!
"I had a nightmare," Lois explained.
That girl's gotta get her priorities straight. I would think it was a *good* dream if I managed to get nibbled by both Batman and Superman. <sigh>
The "cheesy" vampire comedy movie that Lois didn't like was – you guessed it! – Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
The clerk was right - instant classic. thumbsup

Nicely done, Lara!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
blush Thank you so much for all your comments!

Jessi - *waves* Thanks for the FDK. ((hugs))

I'm sure in Alaska Halloween is in winter, but the Witness episode was aired in January and... well, even with the timezone different taken into account and all, I don't think Halloween is in January, even in Alaska. ROFL!!

BTW, I did quite a bit of research on bats before I decided Batman had to be a Pallid bat. I really am that geeky. And when I had Clark say there are no vampire bats native to the US, well, "according to my online research" (can't help myself from using that *lol*) it's true - there are true vampire bats only in Central and South America. Ah, the things you learn while writing fanfic. Oooh -- did you know there's a fish that was named after Batman, though? There is! And I didn't know before I... um... I dunno where I clicked that brought me to that page, really. But yeah, there's a batfish. ROFL!

TEEJ - laugh Thanks! Neck biting is definitely yummy. Speaking of which, I think I need to go annoy Sue about lunch... yup. I think it's just about lunchtime, now.

Ann - you really cracked me up with all your images! And you made me jump out of my seat with that bat. LOL!!!

<insert nfic-rated image of Robin Hood's green tights>
Indeed! <snort> It's quite a nice image in my head, too. Glad to see you guys caught all my little winks, I can't tell you how much fun I had putting them in there. *g*

Thanks for the comments - and the pics. Loved the werewolf and the Nightmare Before Christmas mug. smile

mervoparkite - thanks for the fdk! You know... I almost put Han Solo in there, but I couldn't. See, Lois keeps giving him ideas where the woman is strong and the man is either very ugly or he's downright pathetic. Han Solo is WAY too good for either of these categories. But he'd be my first choice, too. In fact, Han Solo is the reason I let my brother drag me to see Empire Strikes Back twice in the same week, when we were kids. (ok, ok, the real reason was if I let him, he'd let me drag him to Superman II the next day -- but, I mean, seriously... Han Solo!! *drools*)

What was I talking about again? See, you've completely distracted me now... *giggles*

Jana! *hugs* Thank you!
I might be biased (BAAAAATS!) but this was just so great!
Well, there's just one and he's not there for very long, but... yeah. smile How could I resist throwing a bat in a story? Especially for Halloween?

Alcyone - thanks! smile And I agree, Buffy is a great movie. Lois is just... you know... I mean, she liked Lethal Weapon, for heaven's sake! LOL!

Bruciiiiiiiiie!! Thank you, my dear! glad you liked it!

JoJo - thanks!
Clark as Robin Hood? * Swoon * Robin Hood is one of my other favorite characters.
Oh, me too! There's just something about a man in tights... *vbg* Seriously, though, I really love Robin Hood. smile
Haha, is it bad of me that I prefer the movie over the series?
I'm the same. I never watched more than a few episodes and couldn't get into it at all. I did like the movie, though. It's just too funny.

Sue! Thanks for the comments!
I can see Clark in that fur vest now. Hee.
I got you, babe. *g*
All that *and* a Yoda impersonation!
Hey, I am *proud* to be geek, you know. How could I not have him do a Yoda impersonation? The story was screaming for one!

I would think it was a *good* dream if I managed to get nibbled by both Batman and Superman. <sigh>
Damn straight. It's not a nightmare it's my favorite fantasy. *giggles* (just don't tell Bruce that the fantasy involves Clark - and vice versa)

Thanks again everyone! sloppy

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard