Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yea! I'm glad you're back...for an installment anyway. It's okay that you're busy. I understand how real life takes us over like some parasitic being sometimes.
Clark and Lois sat in silence for a moment holding hands and smiling at each other softly. They both knew this was a pivotal moment in their relationship, although neither was really sure where it was leading them.
So, the have reached a silent truce. now they can start healing each other.
Lois’ eyes clouded over for a minute as she remembered how scary that had been. She moved to place a hand on Clark’s leg to remind herself that he was here and gasped. “That was you!” she exclaimed.

“Of course it was me, Lois. Who else would it be?” Clark laughed.

“But I thought…” Lois found herself at a loss for words and moved closer to Clark, wrapping her arms around him tightly.

For a moment, neither of them said anything. Clark was holding his breath not sure what had happened, but sure that if he moved at all Lois would remember where she was and quickly extricate herself from his grasp.

“That day. It was you, Clark,” she whispered into his chest. “You could have died.”

Clark did not say anything, just ran his hands very lightly over her back, trying to calm her.
Clark is starting to see how much Lois care{d} for him and realizes how much he had to have hurt her with his 10 year death.
She pulled back, putting her arms around herself. It did not offer the comfort Clark did, but she was not ready for that yet.
Though they have reached a silent truce, Lois is still not totally ready to allow Clark all the way back into her life, but she's working on it. Actually she's working more to not let him in because it is so easy to just fall back into their comfortable place.
Lois shoved harder yet and this time landed on top of Clark. Clark went to raise himself up just as he realized what had happened. Leaning with his head only a few inches off the bed, he stopped still afraid to breath.

Lois was looking at him giggling, but when she caught sight of the look in his eyes, her laughter died on her lips.

Neither said anything for a moment, just lay in place watching each other.

“Lois?” Martha called from the kitchen. “Where do you keep your sugar?”

Lois did not reply and they sat in silence for another moment. Then simultaneously they both moved away from each other.
The heat vision was like an ice breaker but then Lois and Clark fund themselves in a place that they had both been pretending didn't exist...seeing their future in each others eyes. I'm very curious to see how soon before they stop dancing around their feelings. And this time it wasn't Jimmy. It was Martha!

Nicely done!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Top Banana
Top Banana
They're making progress, FINALLY! Or is she gonna freak out and retreat again? Knowing Lois, probably, but then when do things ever run smoothly for these two?

And *blast* that Martha! wink

I'm v glad to see this back. Don't make us wait too long for the next installment. smile1

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
ui - finally the next part [Linked Image] . I hope you can manage the next part soon, I long to read what happens next smile

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Columnist
Columnist
Yay! Another part! I'm glad to see some of the scars starting to heal, and that Lois and Clark can start working together! Also, I loved the heat-vision icebreaker. Very cute!

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Hi,

Sorry I've been absent for so long. Free time with internet access was much rarer than I expected during my travels. I'm back, now though, and nearly over my jet lag. I have a good part of the next part written as well, but I'm not sure I'm happy with where it's leading yet. Still, I hope to have it up within the week and then with any luck I'll be posting more regularly.

Sheila-

It's okay that you're busy. I understand how real life takes us over like some parasitic being sometimes.
Thanks! I know how impatient I get when waiting for an update on a story, so I appreciate how patient you (and everyone else) has been.

Though they have reached a silent truce, Lois is still not totally ready to allow Clark all the way back into her life, but she's working on it. Actually she's working more to not let him in because it is so easy to just fall back into their comfortable place.
This is exactly what I was going for! There's still a bit more of this to come, and lots of emotional confusion.

gr8shadesofElvis-

They're making progress, FINALLY! Or is she gonna freak out and retreat again?
A little bit of both, I think.

lcfan4ever-

I hope you can manage the next part soon, I long to read what happens next
Sorry! I know even if I posted today it wouldn't be soon and it's definitely a few days away yet. Hopefully the next part will be good enough to make up for the long wait.

Beth S.-

I loved the heat-vision icebreaker. Very cute!
Thanks! I'm glad it worked well and didn't seem too soon.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard