Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ooh!
His eyes finally left the manikins in the window long enough to find her face. “I can’t believe that Luthor’s personal seamstress hasn’t already taken your measurements. Won’t he be appalled that you’re buying a dress off the rack for this, the social event of the year?”

She frowned at him. “I’m Lois Lane; regular, middle-class woman for two more weeks. I’m doing this one last thing my way.”

Clark’s tone softened. He took her hand in his. “You know, if you don’t want to be the wife of a gazillionaire you don’t have to be. Just say the word, and the whole things off.”
That is so heartbreaking. I don't even know why. I guess it was because I had envisioned them in season 3 or 4, dating or engaged and then the Luthor bit came out of nowhere! How painful for Clark.

He swallowed and reminded himself to breathe, unaware that he had risen to his feet at her entrance. His mind transported her to an old church building in Smallville, Kansas with candlelight dancing over her features. He could envision it all: her slow walk between the wooden benches, sunlight streaming through stained glass and the sound of the organ as it echoed against the high wooden ceilings. He could see her smile from beneath her veil as she approached him.
Oh my goodness! This is sneakily angst-y! I love it and want to cry at the same time.

“You think?” She wrinkled her nose and turned to the mirror. She caught his eye in the reflection as he walked up the steps to stand at her side.

“You’re beautiful.”
*bursts into sobs*

That was a really heartbreaking fic. But it was simply wonderful at the same time. Thanks for writing this!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, man, how cruel of her to take Clark shopping for her wedding dress. frown Lo-is!!!!

She paused for a second to consider, but Clark interrupted. “Did you forget who you were marrying? You’ll want the longest cathedral length train since Lady Di.”
ROFL!! (and still, poor Clarkie!!! *hugs him*)

....and awww! that's where it ends? Well, that's really calling for a sequel, not... really!!! You got to come back and fix this!!

I'm going to have to guess Brucie wrote this. She'd do something mean like that. Totally Brucie-the-evil. *lol*

Nice job -- even if it's mean!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I was going to guess Catherine, as well. I remember her Spin requests were for first season where L & C weren't involved, and the only mention of Lex being a passing reference. Alright, this is more than just a passing reference, but this guessing thing is getting to be way too hard.

BTW, isn't it funny (in a sad kind of way) that Lois asks Clark to come to give her the male perspective instead of Lex? I can just picture first season Lois doing that kind of thing without giving it a second thought.

Elisabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved this one. T_T Poor Clark and Poor Lois.

The ending though just makes me wish there was more to this story and some sort of resolution. Well I guess there is if you just fit it into the normal time line and have this happen instead of him confessing in the park.

Still I loved it. thumbsup

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Absolutely loved the shopping trip, but... I thought it a bit abrupt, I mean did it end the same way as the series or maybe Lois stopped the wedding earlier... thumbsup thumbsup sad

Maybe something like (fade to black)... or something ... I don't know... but I loved it all the same smile

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Columnist
Columnist
That was so sad! whinging

But it was beautifully written. It left me with wanting to read more.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, I feel so bad because with some of the Guess the Author stories, I've been able to leave lots of feedback, but yet again, I'm in a rush and I can't.

I loved the twist on the story, but it ended so abruptly! Does that mean we get a sequel? Hint, hint. I'd love to see this expanded.

Great story. And I can't even begin to guess who might have written this.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard