Features Writer
Tell me what you think!

#46930 10/06/07 04:01 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Wow!

I was expecting a couple of posts wrapping it up but I had forgotten who was writing it.
“What do they do to him?” Lois asked, her mind racing. If they were poisonous to Kal El, chances were good they weren’t good for Lisa either.”

“Long term exposure is damaging,” Clark said. “Short term…the red gems affect judgment and morality. The green gems cause pain and possibly death.”....The anger outbursts and behavior problems hadn’t begun until Lisa had found the bracelet......
A delightful turn of events.

Framework4
#46931 10/06/07 04:52 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
*Squeal* Loved it. This is progressing wonderfully. I love that he's giving her a chance and I understand his hesitancy. I also appreciate the fact that he's so attracted to her. I can't wait for what's next.

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#46932 10/06/07 05:06 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Ok, I'm REALLY liking this story. I love the interaction between Clark and Lois. And I love it that Clark trusted Lois enough to tell her about the kryptonite. And now they're going to build a relationship through working on this problem together and eventually fall in love and live happily ever after. Right?

#46933 10/06/07 05:22 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Great chapter, Shayne. It's got a bit a mystery to it, and I really want to know what happens next!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#46934 10/06/07 05:25 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes!!! Part 8 of Family Hour!

“She has a genetic mutation,” Joshua said, turning the screen to face Clark. “It literally occurs in about one person in a million, and under normal circumstances, it makes fertility difficult or impossible.”
Lois has a genetic mutation which means she can have children with Clark!

It wasn't as though Clark had been profligate. He remembered every woman he'd ever been with.
So if a man can remember every woman he has ever been with, he hasn't been profligate? eek (Hey, I thought Clark had an eidetic memory!)

“Funny thing is, she'd have had a hard time conceiving with anyone else. Her extra gene connecting with yours…it's like you were made for each other.”
They were!!! razz

Although what he could see of Lois's room was tidy, Lisa's room looked like a bomb had exploded inside

The chaos didn't reach the rest of the house, and it hadn't been that way when he'd been visiting the other evening as Superman. In three days she'd torn her room apart.
What has happened to Lisa?

Lois's face froze. “You mean there are pieces of jewelry out there that can kill him.”

Clark nodded soberly. “You are one of only four living people who knows the truth about this.”

“I have one of those pieces in my room,” Lois said.

Clark Kent stared at her. “Under the same roof as your daughter?”
O.M.G.!!! eek

The anger outbursts and behavior problems hadn't begun until Lisa had found the bracelet.
Oh, noooo!!!

Throwing the lid to the box open, Lois winced as she realized the bracelet was gone.
Nooooo!!!!!

“What was the job you wanted me to do?” Lois asked, staring at the place the bracelet had been.

“I want you to track down the other pieces of jewelry and get them for me,” Clark said. He'd entered the room by this point and stood beside her. “Kal El has been throwing those we've found so far into space, but without knowing why it's important, it's hard to find dedicated people.”

And no one would be more dedicated than a woman trying to protect her daughter.

“I'll take it,” Lois said.
Yes! And please let her find the piece that Lisa has taken(?), Shayne!

Another fantastic part of this fic!

Ann

#46935 10/06/07 10:22 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Shayne! You posted!
“So I can have children.”

“It’s estimated that less than six thousand people in the world have this mutation. Half of them are male, half are children, and most of the remainder are probably married.”

“But there’s a chance that there are more of them out there.”

It wasn’t as though Clark had been profligate. He remembered every woman he’d ever been with. It did mean more work for his teams of investigators, and more humiliating revelations of things he’d prefer to remain private.
What further work did Clark's investigators have to o. Why would he want to have more children with anyone...other than Lois. He said that he felt a special connection to her and she was the most memorable of his experiences. I hate that this Clark has been with other women.

And Lana...Clark should just chalk that up to it wasn't meant to be!
“Ms. Lane,” he said. “I’ve come to apologize.”
Lois nodded slowly. “All right. You’ve apologized. You can leave.”
Lois is so poor. Why doesn't Clark offer her support for Lisa? Most of all he should come clean now. She can obviously e trusted with his secret. After all Lois has kept it this long and to reveal it would mean to compromise *their* daughter.

Lois will never ask for help. She is too proud. Is that why Clark offered her that job, because he knew that she would not take anything from him for free?

I'm really worried about Lisa. I'll bet she will be the one to figure out that Clark is her father, before he fesses up himself. Please let Clark do the right thing by Lois.

Fabulous Shayne. Keep in mind, if you don't post the next part soon, I'll have everyone on the IRC sticking cattle prods you know where! evil

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#46936 10/10/07 05:17 AM
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
What an interesting twist! Can't wait to read more!

#46937 10/19/07 06:05 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Joshua is such an interesting character... hope to see more of him smile

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard