Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
That's a seriously evil TBC, Sas!!! I want to hear the rest of the convo!

I love Ellen in this! Very cheeky. laugh And how clever of her to point Lois in the right direction. wink

I'll expect more of this in my inbox soon! wildguy

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I like Ellen here. She's pushy (now we know where Lois got it) but she's perceptive and caring, too.

Way to go, Kent. Stammering didn't make one drunk. Speaking incomprehensively did, though. As did slouching, staggering, blurry vision, slower reaction times and loss of memory. He could stage that, really, he could.
HEE! You sure about that, Clark?

drastic times on a superhero asked for drastic measures.
Sneaky!Clark. smile

ARGH! Come back, Sas, come back!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! You posted! smile

OK, I know I'm going to end up looking like a MAJOR dork for saying this -- especially since I'd read the first line already, the other night -- but when I saw this, this morning:
"Barman, give me another beer, please."
My brain suddenly went "Batman? What's *he* doing in there?"

Someone definitely needs to exorcise me..!

Sara mentioned it in her comments, and I've told you before as well, but your portrayal of Ellen is really wonderful! You really aced it!

Way to go, Kent. Stammering didn't make one drunk. Speaking incomprehensively did, though. As did slouching, staggering, blurry vision, slower reaction times and loss of memory. He could stage that, really, he could.
ROFL!! Love that!! Poor Clark! wink

He could practically hear her voice in head, "Clark Jerome Kent, we did not raise you like this!" But drastic times on a superhero asked for drastic measures. Or something like that.
Oh, this is so excellent!!

OMG, that is such a mean place for a TBC! Aaaahhh!!!! Come back here this second and finish this story, missy! You can't be that cruel to us! *sobs*

Ahum... this said, that was an excellent part - it's starting out to be a really fun story. But you'd better come back with the rest of it soon, you hear? wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
OK, I know I'm going to end up looking like a MAJOR dork for saying this -- especially since I'd read the first line already, the other night -- but when I saw this, this morning:
"Barman, give me another beer, please."
Actually, I did exactly the same thing! blush It's your influence, Lara! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
As I've mentioned in a couple other posts already this morning, time is very limited this AM - but I'm loving this!

The rest needs to be posted like, 10 minutes ago smile !!

Wonderful and I can't wait to see the rest!!

Carol [who wonders if Lois is going to discover Clark floating in his sleep]

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Wow, I like the way you're playing with my assignments for you, Saskia. Interesting that we ended up to be ficathon partners.

Well done so far. I'm pretty curious how this is going to end.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Actually, I did exactly the same thing! blush It's your influence, Lara! smile
Well, it's nice to know I'm in such good company! wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Oh, I loved this! FakeDrunk!Clark is delightful, and I like that Ellen gets to be a little bit of a matchmaker.

But I don't really know him, and I usually only see him when, ehm, our paths cross during work.
rotflol Love that euphemism! I wouldn't tell my mother, either, if Superman had to save my life every other week.

He wasn't supposed to remember any of this in the morning, so maybe he could take a little advantage of the situation.
Yay! I adore sneaky Clark!

And it works! He has Lois spilling her guts. Of course, I can't help but think the payback is going to be baaaad when she finds out he wasn't really drunk. Even better laugh !

What a fun story! I can't wait for more smile .

Caroline

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, that was a different Ellen, to be sure! Has she ever tried to marry Lois off before? Can't remember if she has.

I'm a little in two minds about Ellen, but Drunken!Clark was delightful. So funny! We have seen Lois drunk many times before, but not often Clark (although DJ recently wrote a delightful, angstwaffy fic where he was.) Oh, but your Clark was just great, Saskia!

And now we just have to see what will happen in the morning.... goofy

Ann

Blogger
Blogger
OMG! Me too! Glad to see I'm not alone.

Looking forward to part 2!

Columnist
Columnist
"You just overcomplicate things. From what you just said, or rather, didn't say, I know who to put my money on," her mother said with a mischievous smile.
She already knows that Clark's the best choice? laugh

How did one pretend to be drunk anyway?
Pretend to be drunk? That should be funny!!

"Well, ehm... Maybe I, ehm... had more than a few beers?"

Way to go, Kent. Stammering didn't make one drunk.
goofy

An idea suddenly occurred to Clark. He wasn't supposed to remember any of this in the morning, so maybe he could take a little advantage of the situation.
Oh bad Clark !! but this could be funny goofy

"You don't have to say anything now, Clark. I know you won't remember this conversation in the morning, so what's the point of explaining it?
..if she only knew!! Can't wait for the next part!!!(soon??)

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Pearlieq:
OMG! Me too! Glad to see I'm not alone.

Looking forward to part 2!
Me three! (My next thought was "Bibbo, is that you??")

Love the set-up for this one! Lois is going to *kill* him when she finds out Clark can't get drunk. Then again, when she figures out *that* secret, he's dead anyway, so...

Anyway, can't wait for part 2!

Merriwether
Merriwether
As far as the Barman/Batman thing, I think it may be a cultural/language thing because most often I hear them referred to as bartenders so I wasn't expecting that. Therefore, my mind went to the word that I see most often that looks like that, which, in part thanks to LaraMoon, is Batman.

By the way, wonderful story. I don't particularly like the influence of alcohol because of what it can do to people's judgment, but it can create some very interesting scenarios. See Tea Totaled, Wine,Wine,Wine, etc.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Columnist
Columnist
wow great start and drunken Clark is something we don't see very often.

I am exciting to see part 2.

Kerth
Kerth
I can't wait to see Lois when she discovers Clark is not as drunk as she thinks laugh

J smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Saskia, I never thought I would see the day when I'd actually like Ellen Lane. Could she really see who Lois really wants to be with--as in Clark?
"Yeah, go on. Looks like he needs a friend."

Ellen kept looking at him. He nearly felt like she was hinting at him.

"Thanks. I'll call you tomorrow!"

"Yeah, whatever." Ellen turned to leave the bar as Lois came to stand in front of Clark again.
Yeah, Ellen is up to something. Did she see Clark there? Is that why she suggested a drink--to get Lois to see Clark--in more ways than one?
"Can't we go to your place?"

"Why? You'd be much more comfortable in your own bed."

"But I don't wanna be alone tonight."

"Is that why you went out drinking tonight?"

"Ehm... I think so."

"What if I stay with you?"

"Isss not the same. I don't wanna go home. Can I spend the night with you?"
Wait until Lois finds out that Clark was faking it! Ooh, she's gonna be mad. But he's working it to his advantage.
"You said you were gonna go out with Scardino tonight."

Had she? She couldn't remember having said so, not even to make him jealous. He must have misunderstood her.

"No, Clark. I said I was going out to dinner tonight. And I did, with my mother. You just took it to mean I was going out with Dan again."

Ah, so he was jealous, she figured. Quite possibly he did still care about her, then. The thought soothed her. She cared about him a great deal, and she was willing to give him another chance if he would just fight for her. Maybe they could talk about that in the morning...

"Oh," came his reply. He turned his head to look at her and gave her an odd stare. Her partner was getting more and more influenced by the alcohol. Stumbling, slurring slightly and now looking glassy.

"Do you like Scardino?" he suddenly asked her bluntly.

What should she say to that? Now wasn't really the time to have such a conversation. He simply wouldn't remember this in the morning, so what would be the point?

Actually, that was the point. She could speak her mind, and he wouldn't remember. Put like that, it didn't sound so bad at all.

"No, Clark. I don't like him in the way you mean. He's like a friend."

"Then why did you go out with him?"

A giggle escaped her. She couldn't help it. He was just endearing like this.

"To make you jealous."
He blinked before replying. "Why?"

"Oh, Clark. Do you really have to ask?"

He merely nodded, still looking at her with that odd glance.

"Because you're the one that I want.
So, use the "drunk" excuse to get information. Why don't Clark just go get some kryptonite and kill himself because the wrath of Lois is going to be so much worse.
"You don't have to say anything now, Clark. I know you won't remember this conversation in the morning, so what's the point of explaining it?
Clark had better hope that Lois doesn't remember this in the morning!

Very well done!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh wow! goofy

Lisa: Thank you! You picked some of the lines that are special to me. So good to see they worked for you too!

Lara: That really wasn't a mean place to end this part... It kept you hooked, didn't it? So it worked, right? And ehm... before someone whispers it in your ear, I've been told I do evil really well. *innocent whistle*

Carol: Thank you! No floating, I'm afraid. I've seen it happen in fics before, and I like to try a different approach. Maybe Clark is not as good an actor as he thinks he is. wink

Bakasi: Thank you! I think that since we both requested Ellen, we ended up being assigned each other's story.

Caroline: *hugs* You quoted my favourite line, one I'm pretty proud about. So thank you!!! And of course, pay back on its way. I can promise it'll get a bit nasty. laugh

Ann: Thank you! I'm aware Ellen probably isn't entirely like she was in the series, but it's the best I could do given the prompts. But I'm glad you like my Clark, he didn't really like acting drunk... go figure!

Pearlieq: Thank you!

Camy: Thanks! Look out for more soon.

Mercy: Dead, eh? Good thing he's invulnerable then. But you're quite right about Lois. <g>

Woody: You're right. Bartender is more commonly used. But when I'm writing in the middle of the night, my vocabulary isn't always the greatest. And since none of my lovely betas pointed it out before, I now have Batman connected with my story. <g> But I will change it.

Tahu: Thank you! Yes, it's not very easy to get Clark drunk, so I'm glad it works for you.

Jose: *apologises again* Thank you! Just wait and see what more I come up with. evil

Sheila: Thank you! Yes, Lois will be furious *and* she'll remember. Clark is in a lot of trouble. And wait for more about Ellen, too. You'll get her explanation later.

Thank you all again! You're comments have really made my week. Every time I felt a bit low, I just had to read them again and I was smiling once more.

Unfortunately, part 2 isn't ready yet. Sorry! I'd planned to post it this weekend, so that meant writing the past week. But I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I have about a page, and I know where I'm going. But I started a new job on Monday, and that's where a lot of my energy went. In the evenings, I just didn't feel like writing anymore. But it's one of my priorities to get done this weekend, so with a little bit of luck, I can post on Monday. But no promisses, though. Sorry again for the delay!

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard