Next Thread
Print Thread
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
You posted! Off to read!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Angel, I'm so glad you posted! I was wondering when this story would surface. And it is another masterpiece...of course!
Clark chose to ignore the voice and decided that a change of subject was needed instead. “So…got anything interesting going on tonight?”

The document on her computer screen attracted Lois’s attention again. Her fingers resumed their dance across the keyboard as she absent-mindedly shook her head. “No, nothing special. I’ll probably just curl up in front of the TV or something.”
Poor Clark is just not quite sure how to approach Lois.
You’re asking me out on another date?” Her fingers stilled over the keyboard, and her eyes shifted back to him in disbelief. “Are you sure that’s wise? I mean, going out on a date usually requires that two people actually spend time together.”

Clark winced, noting the bitterness in her eyes. “Lois, I know that things between us haven’t exactly been great. There’s been a lot of tension in the air…I’d really like the chance to clear it.”

“It’s kind of difficult to clear the air between us when you’re always running off,” she pointed out.

“I know, Lois. But I won’t run off on you tonight, I swear.” Nothing short of an apocalypse could take him away from her tonight.

“I don’t know, Clark. Are you sure that you won’t suddenly have a library book that just *has* to be returned? I know how anal you are about those late fees—spending an entire evening with me couldn’t possibly be more important than ten cents.”
Oh, Lois, please don't break hi s heart. He deserves it but he has a good reason for running off.
“I know that you’re angry with me—and you have every right to be. I know that I’ve left you in the lurch countless times with very little or no explanation at all. But Lois,” Clark’s voice softened, and he paused long enough to swallow past the lump that had suddenly gathered in his throat, “I’ve been doing a lot of thinking, and I realized that I can’t keep dancing around my feelings for you. I have to meet them head on.”

Clark stared into her eyes as he held his breath. <Please don’t say no.>

“I don’t know what to say,” she finally said. Clark’s heart leapt in his chest as her gaze visibly softened.

“Say that you’ll go out with me tonight. Please, Lois,” he began softly, his hand moving to cover hers on the desk, “give me another chance. I promise that I won’t run off in the middle of our date.” His eyes held hers intently, willing her to see how much she meant to him.
Clark has his heart out on the line for Lois. He's begging her.
“Sure, Chief. I just have to send it to you. Give me a second.” Lois quickly turned back to her computer, and her fingers once again flew over the keyboard. She sat back in her chair a few moments later, a satisfied grin on her face. “There, done!”

“Great. Now why don’t the two of you get on out of here? I’m sure that you can think of a better place than the newsroom to spend a little quality time together.” Perry’s eyes sparkled at them. “I can put the paper to bed.”
Gotta love Perry.
“The pasta entrees look promising,” Clark said after a few moments of silence. His voice was low, and the sound of it caused little ripples of desire to flow through her. Maybe it was the club’s intimate atmosphere, but his voice sounded lower than usual…sexier even.
Oooh. We know what pasta does to Clark. evil
She was in trouble if she was turned on by the simple mention of pasta.
And what this Clark does to Lois.
Lois nodded, her heart dancing for joy in her chest. She’d give anything to be in his arms. Clark took her hand before leading her out onto the dance floor. Lois let out a satisfied sigh the moment his arms cocooned her in his embrace. He held her gently, and Lois’s pulse quickened as she breathed in his scent. The evening couldn’t get any more perfect. The past few weeks of hurt and anger at his constant disappearances melted away into nothingness.

Time seemed to stop as they swayed to the soft music, and Lois pulled him even closer, needing to feel every inch of him against her. She couldn’t get enough of him. The smell in the air combined with the heat of his gaze had lowered her guard, and in its place was pure need. As Lois swayed in his arms, she finally allowed herself to acknowledge the truth. She wasn’t just attracted to her partner—she was deeply in love with him.
This is just so poetic, the way Lois admits to herself that she is in love with Clark.
“Please don’t break my heart, Clark. I couldn’t handle it.” The whispered words slipped from her mouth before she had time to think about it. Her heart pounded in her chest as she waited in terrified anticipation for his response.

Clark tightened his arms around her, and his breath tickled her ear. A delicious chill traveled down her spine at the sensation. “God, Lois, I love you…so much,” he choked out, and Lois didn’t have time to think about why he sounded so…scared.
And this...spoke volumes. I just a few words, Lois tells Clark that she loves him but she is scared of opening up to him and Clark assures her that he would never hurt her...the person he loves...intentionally, and that he is scared to. He has just told Lois that she has just as much power over his heart as he has over hers.
“Lois, all you have to do is walk into the room, and I come undone inside. The mere presence of you affects me like nothing else ever has.”
This is the most sensual statement since "You complete me" (Jerry MacGuire). OMG, how can a girl resist that?
“I don’t think anyone has ever said anything so beautiful to me. Clark…you’re an incredibly kind and special person—you give of yourself so freely. You’ve been there for me so many times that I’ve lost count. I feel very fortunate to have met you. Since meeting you, my life has changed for the better. I couldn’t imagine my life without you in it.”
That was beautiful, Lois. I'm so glad that Lois realizes that Clark is giving himself so freely, so that she doesn't blow a gasket when he tells her about Superman.
Clark was deeply touched by her words—deeply touched and deeply guilt-ridden. She deserved so much more than what he’d given her. She deserved a man who didn’t hide half of himself from her.

And if it was the last thing he did, he was going to give her that man.
Aww. Clark knew how much it took for Lois to say that to admit that. So he safely locks her words away in his heart so that they are accessible to him to cherish them randomly.
“Goodnight, Lois. Thank you…for giving me another chance.”
This is so sweet. Clark takes nothing from Lois for ranted.
“Do you mind if we just fly together for a while first?” he asked, knowing that he was playing with fire by delaying the inevitable, but he couldn’t bring himself to end this moment just yet. She felt too good in his arms—smelled too wonderful.

“No, not at all. I’ve never really had the chance to fly with you unless you were saving me. I must say that this is a much more pleasant experience—not that I’m ungrateful for all the times you’ve saved me. I’ve enjoyed flying with you each and every time you’ve gotten me out of trouble, but a near death experience does kind of put a damper on the sights.”
Poor guy. Anything to have a few more minutes to be with and hold a cordial Lois Lane before he tells her about Superman.
Lois laughed at his teasing words. “The couch is a bonus. But what it really comes down to is…he’s always been there for me. Whenever I needed a friend, or someone to rant at, or someone to share a movie with, Clark was always there for me. When I feel sad or scared, he’s always the first person I think of.” Lois’s eyes met his, and Clark hoped that his face wouldn’t give him away. “He’s a lot like you, Superman.”
“That’s because tonight *is* different, Lois. I want…I *need* to tell you something.”

“I think I know what it is. But you need to know that Clark and I—”

“I know, Lois,” he cut her off. “I’d never do anything to get in the way of the two of you. And that’s why I need to tell you something. But first I want to show you…” Clark paused as they drifted up through the clouds, “…this.”
There should be no doubt in Clark's mind now, about Lois's feelings for him. She has just given hi everything he needs; her heart.
“Lois…I need to tell you something.”

Lois took a mental step back at the look of terror that rested in his eyes. Dread settled in her stomach as he stared at her. “What is it? You look terrified.” Lois’s heart pounded as she waited for his response. Something had him seriously spooked.

Superman let out a shaky breath. “I *am* terrified, Lois. Excluding the times when you hung over the jaws of death, I’ve never been so scared in my life.”

“Superman, you’re trembling! What’s wrong?” Lois was really starting to get scared. He was Superman—the strongest man on earth—yet he was trembling in fear right before her very eyes.

“Lois, I told you once that there were things about me that you didn’t know. It’s time that I told you those things. I…I…”
Amazing that this little woman can put the fear of God in the strongest man on earth.
“God, Lois, this is why I was so afraid to tell you. I was scared of seeing the hurt in your eyes—scared to see it and know that I was the cause of it. I promised myself that I would never hurt you, but I guess deep down I knew that it was a promise I wouldn’t be able to keep.” Lois’s eyes drifted shut as the palm of his hand slid along her cheek before tangling in her hair. “Lois, I love you so much, and I’m sorry that I hurt you. I’m sorry that I hid myself from you for so long.” Clark’s voice was barely above a whisper, and his breath danced across her face as he leaned closer.
He's as vulnerable as a kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Lois could have really hurt him, but she didn't. I prefer the revelation stories where Lois doesn't lose her mind.

Angel this was wonderful. Again, even though I was privy to it's the "premier" it has so much more impact when the final product is out. Wow.

I loved it.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Alllllright! I was looking forward to this story so much. laugh I love a good Lois and Clark on a date fic.

Clark Kent was essentially a coward when it came to matters of the heart.

<You’re being too hard on yourself,> his inner coward whispered.
That's both really touching and funny at the same time.

“I don’t know, Clark. Are you sure that you won’t suddenly have a library book that just *has* to be returned? I know how anal you are about those late fees—spending an entire evening with me couldn’t possibly be more important than ten cents.”
Ouch.

“Okay, you two! This is a newsroom, not a kissing booth!” Perry’s voice suddenly boomed nearby. Lois jumped back, her cheeks turning an endearing shade of pink.
ARGH! Perry! Stop that!

“Great. Now why don’t the two of you get on out of here? I’m sure that you can think of a better place than the newsroom to spend a little quality time together.” Perry’s eyes sparkled at them. “I can put the paper to bed.”
Fine. He's redeemed himself somewhat.

“The pasta entrees look promising,” Clark said after a few moments of silence. His voice was low, and the sound of it caused little ripples of desire to flow through her. Maybe it was the club’s intimate atmosphere, but his voice sounded lower than usual…sexier even.

She was in trouble if she was turned on by the simple mention of pasta.
rotflol "You know what pasta does to me..." Clark Kent! I'm appalled at this. The second date?

“Beautiful?” Superman’s voice was deep, and Lois’s heart thudded nervously in her chest as his dark eyes held hers. He’d said that he would never do anything to come between her and Clark. She knew that they were good friends. But the way he was looking at her just then…
I love her being just a little nervous about the way he's looking at her. It's a really vivid picture for some reason to me.

Clark laughed, and the butterflies in her stomach started to flutter as the music of his laughter filled the room. “Yes, it is,” he said softly. As his lips found hers again, Lois knew that the word “dancing” had taken on a very new meaning.
Lovely story, symbolicangel! I really enjoyed it.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
aaaaaaawwwwwwwwww!!!!

That was such a sweet and waffy and overall wonderful story. *happy sigh*

thumbsup

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Well, I found I wasn't able to contain my comments to just a post here, so check your email (the one in your profile) for a file. laugh I'll repeat here, though, that I really loved the story!! Thank you for doing such a wonderful job on my request! smile1

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
What a delightful story--emotional, vivid, wonderful! The perfect way to end my day.

(Or it was until Sara got me all curious with her cryptic post. confused wink )

Elisabeth

C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Oh, I loved this! Great date and great revelation!

This made me melt:

“I hadn’t planned on taking you flying tonight. But when I had you in my arms…I guess I couldn’t help it.” He paused, exhaling on a shaky sigh. “I know that it was a selfish thing to do, but I wanted to fly with you once last time before I told you everything—before I finally told you the truth.”
It's very sweet that he couldn't resist taking her flying "one last time". I'm so glad Lois was able to forgive him and we got a WAFFY ending smile1

Lovely story!

Caroline

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I loved it. It was just so sweet and adorable. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wonderful, Symbolic! The quotes in it just kept jumping out at me, so wouldn't you know I have no time for quoting? But you vignette is so wonderfully quoteworthy, and I kept savoring your words and expressions! (((Symbolicangel)))

I also loved your portrayal of Clark. He so often irritates me, usually because he often doesn't seem to think that he should tell Lois his secret, even though he wishes that he would not have to run out on her. Here he was wrestling with his need to tell her and his fear of doing it, and he kept acknowledging that he was really a coward. But he did tell her in the end, and it was so sweet and lovely and WAFFy!!! sloppy sloppy sloppy

Ann

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Elisabeth - I only meant that I ended up trying to quote so much, that I just copied the whole thing into a Word document and proceeded to feedback my usual way - laughing, awwwing, and talking to the characters all throughout the story, so much that it really would be boring to the rest of you. Then I emailed it off to Angel. laugh

What can I say? I'm nutty like that. goofy

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
Ooh I love date-fics!! goofy

As each day went by, his continual disappearances and related lies had pushed her away little by little, leaving the tension between them so thick you could slice through it with a butter knife.

Clark really hated himself sometimes.
poor Clark.

“You’d better,” she told him playfully. “And you’d better be there at seven-oh-one.” Lois’s voice became a whisper as she leaned closer.
I've always loved these lines so much.
They're just so cute!!

How had she managed to work with him and his gorgeous smile for so long and get any work done?
I think that's a really good question wink

Okay the pasta line has been quoted before, so I'm not going to quote again.
I'll just say that it made me laugh!! goofy

She wasn’t just attracted to her partner—she was deeply in love with him.
aaawwwww

“Clark’s apartment,” she answered without hesitation.
..and that's an answer that will made Clark happy smile

“So…you’re not mad?”
I'm glad Lois forgave him!! Great ending very waffy wink !

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
This is a lovely, sweet story. Thank you for sharing it with us!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwwww.... You've gotta love such a WAFFy story. [Linked Image]

Thank you for sharing it. Great work! clap

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Columnist
Columnist
smile1 Thanks again, everyone!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I'm very behind with all these ficathon stories, and in leaving fdk.

This is such a sweet story with such a romantic ending.

Love Lois and Clark giving themselves talkings to. That did make me smile. wink

Thanks for a lovely story,
Yours Jenni

Columnist
Columnist
Thanks for the fdk, Jenni! I'm glad that you enjoyed it! smile

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard