Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tahu Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
this was way too cute. I loved it. Perfect in every way. And I love that sentence that Lois isn't a cheap date.

Way to win a date. smile1

I want more. laugh

Top Banana
Top Banana
Laura...this was such a cute little story. So much waff. I absolutely loved it.

Clark snatched back his notes before Lois’ drawings made them completely illegible. “Now why would you think I have no plans tonight? It’s a Friday. I’m a single, fairly decent male. The question is why wouldn’t I have plans?”
Poor Clark. Lois has him whipped and he doesn't know what to do about it. Of course he doesn't have a date because he only wants to date Lois.

“Oh, nothing,” Lois said, leaning up from his desk. “So I’ll drive you to the park by my apartment after work, ok? We’re going to have our one on one game there. Lucy keeps telling me playing basketball is a great way to meet guys. Maybe we’ll find some.”

“We? Lois! I do not want to play basketball with you to help you pick up men!”

Lois threw him a look over her shoulder as she went to sit back at her desk. “Oh, come on Clark. I’ll even share if we find any.”

“Lois!” Clark hissed, his face turning red. His chair nearly toppled backward as he jumped up and strode over to her desk. “Lois, do you think I’m… gay?”

Lois smothered a laugh as she shook her head. “No, of course not. I just wanted to rile you up a little.”
LOL! Lois can really pull his strings. rotflol
“What do you have to smile about, Clark?” Lois looped her arm through his as the walked to the car, the basketball under Clark’s opposite arm. “You lost. And you’re buying me dinner. Someplace nice. I’m not a cheap date.”

Looking down at her dark head, the smile widened.

“Of course you aren’t. But on the contrary, Lois Lane, I think I won.”
Lois doesn't have a clue to what Clark meant by "he won".

That was so sweet and innocent. Thank you, Laura.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Laura this was just wonderful. I'm feeling rather rotten this evening and This was just what I needed to make me feel better.

There was a female stick figure twirling a basketball [Linked Image] on one finger as she triumphantly stood on top of the male stick figure. A large trophy, as big as the stick figures themselves, floated in space somewhere beside them and the male stick figure had little x’s for eyes.
rotflol

Thanks!!

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Kerth
Kerth
That was fun! Sweet, waffy...competitive Lois using her sex appeal to her advantage. I'm sure Clark didn't mind one bit! rotflol

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was entirely too cute. What a way to wake up in the morning! laugh

He had nearly suffered a heart attack when Lois sprang out from behind him, jumping onto his back. Her legs had tightly circled his waist, and he instinctively sent one hand behind him to steady her back and one to loop around her legs. Then, under her imperious command, he had dutifully trotted over to the basket so she could make her shot.
thumbsup

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh man, this was sooo cute and funny!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just delightful! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
awww! that was so cute and amusing! laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Features Writer
Features Writer
Laura, I LOVE this! The sexual tension is so hot I feel like I need to go take a cold shower! Men who get competitive about sports are sexy, so it's no surprise that Clark would be totally turned on by Lois.

I love that she jumped on his back and made him carry her to the basket. Such a Lois thing to do.

Perhaps you should write a sequel ... a touch football game ... in the nfic folder? wink

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Columnist
Columnist
I loved this soooo much, Laura.
You had me laughing and giggling throughout the whole story!!!!

Lucy keeps telling me playing basketball is a great way to meet guys. Maybe we’ll find some.”
rotflol and...
Exhaling a powerful breath that sent a car across the street nearly skidding into a light post
*LOL*.
“And on the one before that, it’s also illegal to use me as a stepping stone to the basket.”
lol I could so see Lois cheating, and Clark not minding it at all wink

“Of course you aren’t. But on the contrary, Lois Lane, I think I won.”
A date with Lois.
Jip, I can understand why Clark think's he'd won.

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hello everyone! I'm so glad you liked this one. It was one of those short things that just wrote itself in a half hour.

Tahu and Sheila-- laugh Thanks so much.

Vonceil-- I'm sorry you're having a rotten evening. I really hate those. But if this helped even a little bit, I'm thrilled. Feel better!

Groobie-- Thanks!

Hasini-- blush I wrote down a list of all the things I wanted to do in my life one time when I was sixteen. (You know, ideallistic things, like travelling to Italy and getting kissed at a fair) and one of the things I wrote down was "to recieve a wonderful compliment."

So... thanks for helping me cross off another goal. smile

JD, Laura, Lara-- I'm glad it was amusing. Sometimes I wonder if things I think in my mind are humorous really are to other people. Glad to know that in this case, we're eye to eye. laugh Thanks!

Jax-- *starts trembling* an nfic sequel??? What? And lose my double standards? (As in, I get embarrassed about writing nfic, but I DEMAND everyone else does?) wink Actually I really have been thinking about crossing over to the so called dark side, but I don't know... it might be a while yet. Thank you for the vote of support on this side, though!

Another folc--

I could so see Lois cheating, and Clark not minding it at all
Me too. laugh Thanks for the FDK!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oooo--loved it! Especially the bit where Lois jumps onto Clark's back. Very bold on her part, I'd say, but I can see Lois just getting so into the competition that she'd go that far.

Then again, it wouldn't take a basketball game to convince me that jumping on Clark is a good idea, so maybe she was just looking for an opportunity...? wink

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
What a hilarious fic! All of the good-natured cheating reminded me of the charity basketball game Dean Cain participated in YEARS AGO in St. Louis.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
(As in, I get embarrassed about writing nfic, but I DEMAND everyone else does?) [Wink] Actually I really have been thinking about crossing over to the so called dark side, but I don't know... it might be a while yet.
Sounds like someone I used to know (...me...) -- if you need help or encouragement when you decide you're ready to cross the line that leads to the dark side, I'm totally here for you. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks Lara! It'll probably be awhile, but I really, really appreciate the offer. (And I can't imagine you weren't this natural born nfic writer. smile Your stuff there is brilliant.)

Mercy and Elisabeth, thank you! I wish I had seen that bball game. smile Sounds fun.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
What's this? I haven't commented? Sends in wild guys with spears to beat self up a little... sloppy sloppy sloppy sloppy

Lois playing foul and Clark loving it... awwww, it just melts my heart. And Clark carrying Lois on his back, and lifting her up(?) so she can score!!! You're killing me!!!

I have to tell you, though, that "Shaq" was the only thing - eh, person - that I recognized here, basketball-wise. I know nothing about basketball except that you are supposed to send the ball through the basket. But I know I have seen Shaquille O'Neal's picture in the papers! laugh

Thanks for this adorable WAFFY story!!!! sloppy

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
I'm behind in my reading, and even further behind in fdk, but I just wanted to let you know that I loved this story. There were so many hilarious and waffy moments. This wonderful story was just so full of excellent moments. Period.

I laughed a ton! Thanks for sharing!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just evil <- hint for sequel...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Ok, I know I read this and I know I liked it and I could have sworn I left a note telling you so, Laura, but apparently I didn't!

I really did enjoy this. Lois was just so Lois and it was great fun. Thanks for sharing, Laura!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
This story was so incredibly cute! I could perfectly imagine the game between Lois and Clark and her jumping on his back like that. ^_^ Well done!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard